• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Glad you finally snagged that green apple, TheMaster327!! And congratulations on your little collection of new shinies, WishIhadaManafi5!

I think I have done about 600-700 REs for Shellos/Buizel. Decided to use the Repel Trick with my level 21 Machop to eliminate any chance of getting a Wingull, which is awesome! Haven't had much time to hunt last week due to exams, but I'm hoping to get some more done this week. I also spent some time yesterday evening opening my Sapphire GBA cart and attempted replacing the dried internal battery. I managed to do it without too much trouble and now I have a Sapphire cart ready to hunt a starter on. I've decided to go for Treecko in this instance.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Glad you finally snagged that green apple, TheMaster327!! And congratulations on your little collection of new shinies, WishIhadaManafi5!

I think I have done about 600-700 REs for Shellos/Buizel. Decided to use the Repel Trick with my level 21 Machop to eliminate any chance of getting a Wingull, which is awesome! Haven't had much time to hunt last week due to exams, but I'm hoping to get some more done this week. I also spent some time yesterday evening opening my Sapphire GBA cart and attempted replacing the dried internal battery. I managed to do it without too much trouble and now I have a Sapphire cart ready to hunt a starter on. I've decided to go for Treecko in this instance.

Good luck everyone!
Thanks! Had some more luck tonight. Finally hatched a shiny Charmander in Shield version. Been working on that hunt for awhile. Almost missed it hatching lol. Ended up naming it Ares. Working on a Shiny Zigzagoon hunt next and then a Shiny Bulbasaur hunt.

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Haiz!! I don't post here normally, but I'm new to shiny hunting, only 4 shines in so far. Anyway, what made me post is my recent search for a 6IV ditto and so I regularly did max raids online with Dittos and today, finally, after about 30+ ditto raids, I managed to get a 6IV ditto, and it also happened to be shiny and have imposter ability! I am so chuffed!! Haha.

On a side note, I am 175 eggs in for shiny Feebas via Masuda method. :)

TheMaster327

So I got my psychic monkey yesterday after 572 eggs! It was the first batch after switching in the HA parent too, so I've been having fun with Symbiosis Trick Room in Doubles! Quiet nature, Everstoned.
https://twitter.com/TheMaster327/status/1247180318261444609
https://twitter.com/TheMaster327/status/1247195486630473730
https://twitter.com/TheMaster327/status/1247196958717960194

Also today I got a nice red anchor after only 471 Murder Method encounters!
https://twitter.com/TheMaster327/status/1247608706365157376

Up next, Shuckle!

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Only got 1 shiny so far... A shinyscorbunny...
Its been over 1000 eggs for a shiny sobble... and over 1000 encounters for shiny rookidey... no lucks :(

wobbanut

Team Awesome
While playing Pokemon Go this week, I got a completely unexpected shiny, one I've wanted for forever since it's one of my all-time favorite anime pokemon:

Shiny Chikorita!

I was shocked, especially since it was the only starter to show up that day in the wild in the midst of all those tricky pokemon spawning. That was great!

I also got a shiny Alolan rattata a few days later, which I have evolved into Ratticate. :)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I REALLY lucked out with the various events yesterday. While trying to catch baby pokemon in Sword, I caught a shiny Togepi in a Y-comm raid with high IVs, a modest natrure, AND Super Luck. Meanwhile in Go, I caught a shiny Marill through the Battle League event and it had high stats and IVs.

I'm still not sure if I want to use either of them on my team (counting Marill for when Home finally has Go transfers) since I already have a shiny Skuntank, but I've still never been this lucky with shiny pokemon before!!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I've done so many encounters for Shellos/Buizel in the past week and I have nothing to report yet. This hunt has suprassed Drifloon in annoyance, ahah! I think knowing that my next target is the dream shiny I've never managed to obtain before makes me more impatient to complete it. Hopefully I'll get my BQ #5 soon, I'm excited to continue the game.

EDIT: I did NOT just get Pokérus before encountering a shiny on this route.... dear lord.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Congrats on the new shinies, guys!

Found a random shiny Toxel raid tonight. Caught it and named it Pink Floyd.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I've been on vacation this week so I didn't play much Pokemon Go, but I did play Let's Go Eevee, and after four previous tries outside of Fuschia City with a catch chain I FINALLY got a shiny venonat, which I've wanted for FOREVER. ^_^ Love the little blue-eyed bug.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Congrats all on new shines! I found a random shiny Graveler in Let's Go, never found so many random encounter shinies in other games?!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pleasant surprise. While getting Pokemon in Ultra Sun to add to Home's Dex one day, I was looking for Cubone. And I found a green Cubone by complete chance. I'll be saving it for later to become a shiny Alolan Marowak

Everlasting

Everything stays.
3 weeks have passed since I've obtained my last BQ shiny (Combee on April 1st). Can't say I have been giving it my all considering I have a lot to study for but I've definitely given this hunt at least a handful of thousands of encounters. Hoping Shellos, Buizel or Floatzel shines soon. I'll do a few hours of encounter tonight after my online class.
In the mean time, I've been hatching the Odd Egg in Crystal VC for fun and I didn't expect to have to reset about 15 times before finally getting something. I got a shiny Cleffa today! I could've reset over it considering Pichu, Igglybuff and Tyrogue were my preferred shinies, but I decided to keep it instead. Years ago, I accidentally ran away from a shiny Clefairy in the Friend Safari in X. Clefairy isn't a Pokémon I care for much so I was never really saddened by it but I figured if I got a shiny Cleffa from the Odd Egg it would make up for it!

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Had some random shiny luck tonight. Found a shiny Torkoal raid :). Was able to catch it. Named her Dolly, after Dolly Parton. What a way to spend a Wednesday evening.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Oh finally. ;w;
So after taking this online lecture I went ahead and did some random encounters for 2 hours before going to bed. I had a feeling that tonight would be the night I obtained my fifth BQ member. Funny how my intuition was right again!
93656351_924930624630262_7031498359957356544_n.jpg
h1Szyje8usLWsVoTsSThwle6UOQ4vANHZ2vBzGesR2M.jpg

Meet Coquelicot, my SHINY EAST SEA SHELLOS!! I expected shiny Shellos' color to be hard to identify, but I saw this RIGHT AWAY. In the shadows!! I knew this Shellos was shiny. I jumped off my bed and waited for the sparkles. It was my target, too. And while shiny Buizel/Floatzel would've been equally awesome shinies, I'm really glad Shellos decided to shine for me. AAAH! <3
It is male, which is great since I wanted this Shellos to be my little boy. Nature is Jolly which is pretty atrocious, and IVs look like so: 21-25/30/9-13/0-8/13-16/10-13. Defense, Special Defense and HP pretty average, but on top of having a nature lowering its Special Attack, it needed to have low IVs in Special Attack as well. Ah jeez... Not that it matters! If I can make a male Combee work (and I am, lmao!), then I can surely make this work. The Storm Drain ability is cool, but rather unfortunate still in Diamond without the stat boost.

I am soooo glad to be leaving this route behind. The hunt went pretty smoothly all things considered! I thought Repel Tricking without an Illuminate Pokémon in the lead would be tiring but encounters were plentiful. I now have high expectations for my other Repel Trick hunt I was planning for this BQ. But for now, I will focus on defeating Fantina and acquiring my next gym badge...
I may now mentally prepare to obtain a dream shiny of mine: Buneary. I've hunted in Eterna Forest in the BQ and got Budew, I've attempted MMing in the past (a considerable 1380 eggs!), I even attempted to chain one in Eterna Forest years ago, but I have never been able to find one. And I've been lusting after it for years! That is why I've decided I would MM a shiny Buneary for my sixth BQ shiny. Thanks to my french copy of HG, I have an unlimited access to foreign Pokémon for the fourth generation. :3

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on your latest shinies!!

EDIT: 200 eggs hatched today for Buneary. Nothing to report! Let's see how this goes...

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I hatched a shiny Scorbunny in 270 eggs! I also hatched a shiny Sobble a while back. Now I just need to hatch a shiny Grookey and I'll have all three gen 8 starters in shiny form.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
After going all week without a shiny, I got not one, not two, but THREE shinies today, which was amazing, all in Pokemon Go. First I got an illumise, then I got a honchkrow less than an hour later, then later on that night I got shiny volbeat. ^_^ All repeat shinies, but I loved getting them.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today, I got two shinies around 30 minutes apart! First, I got a shiny Audino from a wormhole. Next, I got my second shiny Milcery in 156 Eggs!

2020042417050700-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

2020042417072900-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

Everlasting

Everything stays.
600 eggs hatched for Buneary so far. My last MM hunt was years ago, I had completely forgotten how fast it can be, particularly in 2D generations. Hoping that I can get a shiny Buneary below 1000 eggs!

Last edited: