• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Been Thief-searching for a Metal Coat from the Beldum in Ultra Sun. I haven't found it, but I did find a blue Ditto. Already had one, but it's still nice consolation

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ran into a shiny microwave Rotom via a raid. Was able to catch it and named it Panasonic.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Last final of the semester was completed today at long last. Summer semester starts next monday though. :D

I could finally pick up my Buneary MM earlier today. I've managed to hatch an additional 150 eggs, bringing my total to 750 hatched so far. Getting it in the little time off I have from school would be a blessing!

EDIT: 900 eggs have been hatched. My slight paranoia makes me want to give the Everstone test a spin for my next batch of eggs (the Everstone fails to help passing down the parent's nature in the fourth generation when MM is in effect). MM should work with a French and English Buneary but I just want to be absolutely sure it's working. 900 eggs isn't all that much considering the odds but I just want to erase any suspicion before I realized my time was wasted!

EDIT #2: We have reached 1000 eggs hatched!! A shame that I'm getting closer and closer to MM odds but through hatching one of my latest egg batches, I was able to confirm that MM is indeed working on the Pokémon I am breeding with! Even with an Everstone attached to one of the parents, in the 45 offsprings I made the test with, 2 of them got the nature of the parent with the Everstone, which is right about the odds of getting a nature randomly (1/24). That's a relief!! I have been waiting for such confirmation for years.

EDIT #3: 1500 eggs hatched, 0 shiny Buneary.... I'm going just a little bit insane. :eek:

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Zigzagoon finally shown today! Just hatched a shiny one that I named Ziggy. Working on a shiny Togepi hunt next along with others after.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
2500 eggs hatched for Buneary as of today. Nothing yet. :oops:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Hoennian or Galarian

I caught a shiny Totodile today in Go.
Galarian.

Nice! :) That shiny is awesome. Sr'd for one in Gold version.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
FINALLY!
EGG NUMBER 2630.

V0jF7g7.jpg

I guess 2630 isn't the worst amount of eggs but I was getting a little bit desperate. I was already over odds by.... almost exactly 1000 eggs with MM in Diamond (1/1638). I was breathing heavy at the sight of my dream shiny finally in my possession. And guys, it is absolutely perfect. Shiny Buneary is FEMALE, NAIVE nature and has the ability RUN AWAY. Literally checks all the boxes...
I'm in heaven.
I named her Vitani, after a character in The Lion King II. c:

AAAH I'm so excited to press on with this BQ. Six shinies obtained, two more to go!! And with Iron Island in sight, I'll finally get my hands on a Shiny Stone to evolve my Roselia.
Next hunt will take place in the secret basement of Wayward Cave. Main target is Bronzor, but Gible and Zubat will be more than welcome. With the use of the repel trick, I'll filter out Geodude, which I have no interest in finding. :rolleyes:
EDIT: forget the repel trick!! I average at about 2 encounters per 250 steps! I decided to use a Magnemite with Magnet Pull to slightly increase Bronzor's encounter rate to 50% in order to push Geodude's a bit. Fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Lucked out and found a shiny Salazzle raid and was able to catch it. Named her Eve. :)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Caught a shiny Pikachu today in a raid. Still working on a Togepi shiny hunt in Shield and soft resetting for a shiny Turtwig in Platinum.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Thank God for Pokemon Go operating a bit differently from normal games. While I was playing, I came across a shiny Chikorita, and accidentally hit run away, practically giving myself a heart attack. Luckily the overworld sprite didn't disappear, and I was able to click on it again and capture it. I also got a shiny natu today.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just started playing Pokemon Quest again, and tonight, a shiny Bellsprout joined my team.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I don't even know how many encounters that was, but it wasn't all that much... 10 days after obtaining Buneary:
Rp2yll2.jpg

Yup! Shiny Bronzor appears absolutely unexpectedly in the secret basement of Wayward Cave. If I were to guess, this would be about... 5000 REs? 6000 REs? I did not keep up in the slightest, especially considering I have been hunting the Johto starters on Soul Silver along with it, which split my focus between the two games. I'm... baffled that Bronzor shone before one of the starters did, which is a hunt well known for its rapidity.
I've nicknamed it Onoclea after a genus of ferns, which is what I believe the plant sigil on Bronzor and Bronzong's back sprite is based on. I wanted the name to be gender neutral too so that works! Onoclea is Careful natured, has Heatproof for ability and has a pretty good IV spread all things considered! Despite being Careful, I'm not sure if I want to make it a physical, special or mixed attacker...

I'm still in shock as I type this. It came out totally out of the blue. I also had such a strong feeling I would get Gible for some reason, that conviction lead me to not expect a shiny Bronzor to ever show up. It was my main target yet again and I am floored.

One more shiny for my Diamond BQ to reach completion. This feels totally unreal. I have kept my most anticipated and awesome hunt for last. But I don't think it will begin any time soon, as I will need time to prepare and I am also trying to finish my summer semester in one piece. My final target for this stunning Diamond BQ will be... Munchlax. Yep. I have determined the location of my 4 honey trees (which thankfully are all accessible at this point in the game) so once I get my 7th badge I will start hunting down the little monster which in over a decade of owning this Diamond copy I have never even encountered before, so this will be exciting. I will update you guys when I land on a honey tree containing Munchlax!

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I have found a regular Munchlax in one of the trees! This is so exciting considering I have owned this game for over a decade and this is the first time I ever encounter one in the wild. The hunt may begin!
Also wanted to pop in to say that Phi the Combee is doing very well! His fights are mostly limited to Grass, Psychic, Dark, Bug and Fighting types with modest defenses nowadays. He was able to partake in my 7th gym battle against Candice and took down her Sneasel all on his own. I'm not sure how much he will be able to handle from this point on, however, so I'm happy he got a gym battle knock-out before the end (he also participated in the sixth gym battle against Byron but was taken out by the Bronzor due to some bad confusion luck...).

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Nice!

Caught a shiny Gmax Eevee today.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I accidentally transferred my shiny Seedot from Pokemon Go.

That really sucks. I thought I was transferring this pointless purified Magnemite I had.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My hunt for a shiny Togepi just ended. Just hatched one this morning. Named it Icarus.

The luck continues! Came across a shiny gmax Duraludon den and was able to catch it. Named it Red Alert.

Last edited: