• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

KierTronik

Oshawott is bab
Munchlax is giving me so much trouble. Its sprite simply won't change color. I try to focus most of my attention on it, but when I get unmotivated to hunt Munchlax, I know it is time to bounce. So I've been hunting Whismur a bit more. I also received last friday the tally counter I ordered to keep track of my encounters. I'm 1418 REs in for Whismur so far. I can't believe how fast REs are in RSE. I can do 200 encounters in an hour on a single console!!
wow 200 thats impressive i might get a ds and hunt on rse

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Found a random shiny Steelix raid. Was able to beat it.

Also found some other shiny raids and was able to beat them.

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
So I was just doing random raid battles to pass time..
RTFNlLr.jpg

I didn't expect a shiny encounter during this time. I had to check my phone to see if this pokemon was usually red! Caught in a master ball cause I panicked. Feared it would break out.

Let's go! My first wild shiny since X/Y!
EDIT: Oops! Forgot about my shiny magikarp in LGP. In a mainline game then. ;)

Last edited:

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I finally did it. I am on the track for my dream shiny. I hatched a shiny Speed Boost Torchic today. Soon it'll be an EV trained Blaziken, but for now, here it is in all it's Torchic glory.

B7D5KvQ.jpg

w37QEul.jpg

k4QxUGr.jpg

And if any are people are wondering, a shiny male Torchic still has the butt speck.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

And so, after a huge 4,761 resets (with Charm, I should add), I get my second appliance!
EcWyY5VVAAA2ait.jpg

This lawnmower is Lax nature, and also no mark. Despite having the Mark Charm, the three shinies I've caught since obtaining it all haven't had marks...

EDIT: Third appliance appears after only 111 resets! This one is Quiet nature and again no mark.
EcfLPClUMAMF9ZE.jpg

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
4th shiny Milcery hatched in 399 Eggs with the Masuda method! This is the 2nd one that has Aroma Veil.

2020070923091100-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

2020070923135700-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

First post on this forum in a very long time (over 13 years!)

I have caught quite a number of shiny pokemon in Diamond using the pokeradar but decided that wasn't cool enough.

I got a shiny Chikorita by soft resetting about 1500 times on my Pokemon Soul Silver. I haven't actually touched that save since and it's been a good few months!

Lately though, I caught a shiny Rolycoly I love the blue colouration on it I do wish it was gold instead but it's in my team, even though it doesn't have best type (rock/fire) which kinda negates some of its impressive defense stats...

I would love a shiny Sizzlipede to evolve into a Centiskorch it's quite a subtle shiny, but it's such a cool design.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Pinning this so it doesn't get lost.

Found a shiny Darmanitan raid. Was able to catch it.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ugh, the 50 excellent throws goal was a bust. I caught a grand total of 300-400+ pokemon in practicing my throws, and got a grand total of...

11 excellent throws.

Yep. Eleven. Plus a 12th today, after it was all over. Ouch. At least if anything else, I've improved my great throws. Granted, I've only played the game for 11 months, but I can't believe how frustrating it could be to think you have the shot nailed and somehow it went too high or it switched to nice throw. Ugh. Plus, there was not one shiny either.

At least I made myself feel better by taking time to finally beat the Elite 4 on Let's Go Eevee, and I went shiny hunting. I was able to get a shiny ekans, which I'll evolve later to add to my shiny Rocketdex (my goal of getting shiny versions of all of Jessie and James's pokemon). I'll also be getting charmander/charizard and lickitung later. Hopefully I'll work on my throws so next year I can do better at excellent throws.

Took a long hiatus from playing pokemon. Went back to shiny hunting a few days ago and hatched a shiny Alolan Vulpix after 612 eggs.
Trying for an Alolan Sandshrew now, then I'll only need a shiny Alolan Geodude to complete the Alolan regional variants. Too bad it's not available in gen 8 so far.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Nice! Congrats!

Woot! Caught a shiny Gyarados via a raid. Named him Neptune. He is so awesome and is a wonderful surprise on a Saturday. :)

ChandelureDetour

I got 3 Shiny Grookey in Pokémon Sword! I had not even hatched 100 eggs before they showed up. 2 had hidden abilities. They came less the 3 eggs apart! It was kinda unsettling. At first I got really excited with the first one. I hatched the second one and was I incredibly surprised. I tried hatching the leftovers and got another one! It felt like I was unreal.

Also in Ultra moon I hatched a shiny female Popplio recently.

In Pokémon Sword and Shield, did the Masuda method increase the likelihood of shinies? Also can you switch Shiny Pokémon like you could in USUM? If the Ditto and another Pokémon make a shiny egg you can soft reset and place a different Pokémon besides the Ditto to swap the shinies. Does that work in Sword and Shield?

Hatched a shiny Alolan Sandshrew after 933 eggs, and only 3 eggs after it another one~
Not sure on the next target, either Fletchling (don't need much more Kalos pokemon shiny) or Sandygast (once tried SOS hunting one and it was a nightmare with sand tomb).

Nakashima

Congrats to Genos on Clauncher, Kansas_Rocks! on Torchic, theMaster327 on the appliances, Mega Altaria on Milcery, WishIhadaManafi5 on the shiny raids, wobbanut on Ekans, Drake Poketrainer on Vulpix and Sandshrew, Bolt the Cat on Kingler, and ChandelureDetour on the Grookey and Popplio!

@Everlasting: Good luck on that Whismur, 3rd gen definitely is pretty quick for REs and SRs!
@madman 1189 : Welcome back!! Thats quite the break you took :) Ive recently returned to hunting too :)

---

I just found my shiny Charmander! It came so much faster than I thought it would, just 1426 SRs. I was dual hunting for this lil one and ended up finding him on my copy of LeafGreen. He's Hasty natured, but I'll admit I dont know a dang thing about what nature fits what pokemon, lol.
I'm tempted to turn this into a badgequest, but I'm not sure.. I also really want to just move him up to pokemon Home lol so he'll be safe. I'll have to ponder my next target and method. I do really like dual hunting, so if I do turn this into a badgequest I'd like to also do something else on the side.

kD8TYrX.jpg

TheMaster327

So last night I got my fourth appliance after only 187 resets! Just the washing machine and naked Rotom to go now (and the fact it's thunderstorming in the IoA right now, chance at the washing machine today... This was Docile nature, minted Timid.
Ec6hiuxUEAAVkzA.jpg

Also the first Rotom with a mark!
Ec6ksueU8AA0_Ws.jpg

EDIT: Sure enough, after 314 resets, I get my washing machine :)
Ec_noihUEAA8XFR.jpg

Quirky nature, no mark this time. So all that remains to get is naked Rotom.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Nice catch!

Got a shiny Abra off the GTS for a Sobble. Surprised the heck out of me. It's a Pokemon Go one, with stats that aren't that good, but I don't care.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, I managed to get a shiny Ekans from Jessie this week, so I'm happy. ^_^ Too bad I didn't get any shiny koffing, but at least I already have a shiny one I caught months ago and evolved into Weezing. Also, I evolved Ekans, so I was able to check off another entry on my shiny Rocketdex goal (my goal of getting shiny versions of all of Jessie and James's pokemon).

I also got a shiny Alolan Meowth this weekend in the game, so I was very happy. ^_^ I now have both a shiny regular (from SoulSilver) and an Alolan one (Pokemon Go).

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Hosted my first shiny raid today. :) For a shiny Wailord. Was able to catch it. Named it Moby.