• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Decided to hop back into the game after not playing for awhile. Decided to start an Egg Move collection, figured I'd probably come across a shiny or 2 while I was at it. Starting off on route 1 on Sword, currently have the following...

Nickit - 0/4
Rookidee - 3/7
Skwovet - 2/4
Wooloo - 0/3

Hopefully I get something to shine soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Found two shiny Porygons during Pokemon Go Community day. Still no luck with my shiny Sobble hunt in Shield version though.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a pretty productive week on Pokemon Go. First I got six shiny Porygon (including the second one I tapped on), my first-ever ones, and evolved one into Porygon-Z. Then I got not one but TWO shiny barboach, the first I've ever had, and evolved one into whiscash. Also, I got a shiny tailow. So it was a pretty exciting week for me. ^_^

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Yesterday I caught a Shiny Onix in my french version of HeartGold in the Safari Zone while posing blocks and other things you can put to make more Pokemon appear. I didn't noticed it was shiny until I saw it in my box. Female, Quiet nature... should I make it evolve? Transfer it to Gen 8?

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Pleasantly surprised to encounter a shiny Gossifleur whilst EV training on route 3 in Shield, best believe I immediately caught it! Currently beginning my first ever shiny egg hunt for Zorua...wish me luck!

Golden_Arcanine

jssr903

I reclaimed my shiny Cyndaquil yesterday! This is my first SR shiny and I'm super excited and proud that I was able to stick with it. I nicknamed him Fuego and started my BQ. I beat Faulkner, and now I'm trying to SR for the Togepi egg, but I may give up as the hatching takes about 7-10 mins. Will see!
rven7paqmpp51.jpg

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I've had a busy week in Pokemon Go this week, with six shinies, including a few I haven't had before. :) This was the first time I've had Bulbasaur and Kanto Grimer, while I also got Skitty, Lillipup, and Koffing. Also, I finally got my first Kanto Rattata in the game after catching something like 800 to fulfill the small rattata medal.

Very

Hi first post here. For no good reason I became curious about in-game shinies a few months ago (quarantine craze?) and want to try a successful chain.

Spent about five hours last night on Platinum, Beldum swarm. Took around 70 Super Repels before any shinies appeared. I caught one out of five (synchronized Adamant, Quick Ball) and eventually couldn't focus anymore because it was getting late. And then I discovered that my magnet Pokemon actually has Sturdy. Two for two now with recent Beldum attempts, one shiny each. I remember getting close when DP was the most recent release and my game was popped out when someone picked up my DS so it bothered me for a while that my only shiny was the free ORAS giveaway.

Will maybe try some Sapphire Petalburg Woods RE for Shroomish tonight and hunt for the hat Croagunk tomorrow in Go.

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Was running around Galar Mine no. 2 for shiny shellos to put on my team and I got one on my fourth RE, was unfortunately male though so it went straight into my shiny box.

Took quite a long break from shiny hunting, but I continued my Pyukumuku hunt today. SHiny hatched after 315 eggs~
Now trying for Passimian.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The shiny thread includes GO, right? Because while I haven't ever gotten a raid shiny, I have a fair few amount of random GO shinies. Just today not only was I invited and obtained the last of the legendary birds, but got me a shiny Roselia. I don't think I'll transfer this one over to HOME when possible because it's also got a really good CP, and once I get some more Sinnoh Stones I could use another strong Grass type

jssr903

So, for my HG Badge Quest, I gave up on Mr. Pokemon's Togepi, but will breed for a shiny Togepi when I get to the day care. Instead I am hunting Mareep with static on Route 32. I have seen 1700 Mareep so far and spent over 25 hours on this hunt - I even got pokerus. Hopefully soon?

I also bought a White 2 cartridge from GameStop and decided to start a Shiny BQ on that as well. 2.25 hours later and 106 soft resets and I have a shiny Oshawott, now Dewott! Luckily this one has much better IVs than the Cyndaquil, now Quilava. Pics below.

I am now searching for a shiny Audino to continue in White 2, but I'd be happy with anything in Virbank Complex really. So we'll see.

Congrats to everyone who's found shinies since I last posted!

ue8bsferfwr51.jpg

1qe5zgerfwr51.jpg

Monox D. I-Fly

The shiny thread includes GO, right? Because while I haven't ever gotten a raid shiny, I have a fair few amount of random GO shinies. Just today not only was I invited and obtained the last of the legendary birds, but got me a shiny Roselia. I don't think I'll transfer this one over to HOME when possible because it's also got a really good CP, and once I get some more Sinnoh Stones I could use another strong Grass type

I haven't installed Pokemon Home yet, so I didn't know if any Pokemon transferred from Go to Home is moved instead of just got its data copied.