• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I managed to get my first shiny through Dynamax Adventures. The best part was that it was Latias

Welp, I've all of a sudden started to get more excited about shiny hunting, so I've made a list of what I'm planning on shiny hunting per game I have Gen VI onwards

Y: Espurr (FS)
OR: Terrakion (SR)
AS: Zigzagoon (DexNav)
Sun: Litten (MM)
US: Riolu (SOS)
Sword: Registeel (Encounter Chaining (EC))

Well, I've read that Soft Resetting for the Regis doesn't work in Sw/Sh and that it keeps giving the same spawn, so if that's true I've wasted 4 days for nothing on Regidrago. I've been using the run away method now to be sure and trying some Dynamax Adventures mainly against Tapu Lele in between when I get tired of hunting the Regi. So far no shiny Tapu Lele nor random shinies during Dynamax Adventures either, but they're bound to shine sometime~

poe_keeper

Well, I've read that Soft Resetting for the Regis doesn't work in Sw/Sh and that it keeps giving the same spawn, so if that's true I've wasted 4 days for nothing on Regidrago. I've been using the run away method now to be sure and trying some Dynamax Adventures mainly against Tapu Lele in between when I get tired of hunting the Regi. So far no shiny Tapu Lele nor random shinies during Dynamax Adventures either, but they're bound to shine sometime~
I was able to get a Shiny Regidrago by soft resetting. I made sure I wasn't catching the same one by catching one, checking its stats, and soft resetting. Then do that again. Use a Master Ball if you have one.

Last edited:

MDS777

The name's Riley
SRs absolutely do work. I got Regice right away, but unfortunately, it took me nearly 9 unlucky days (~65-70 hours) of SRs for Regirock.

I'm currently at 3 days for Registeel. A lot of people have been going over charm odds, so some are believing the Regis are standard odds, but that isn't confirmed. A lot of people are just possibly getting unlucky.

I was able to get a Shiny Regidrago by soft resetting. I made sure I wasn't catching the same one by catching one, checking its stats, and soft resetting. Then do that again. Use a Master Ball if you have one.
SRs absolutely do work. I got Regice right away, but unfortunately, it took me nearly 9 unlucky days (~65-70 hours) of SRs for Regirock.

I'm currently at 3 days for Registeel. A lot of people have been going over charm odds, so some are believing the Regis are standard odds, but that isn't confirmed. A lot of people are just possibly getting unlucky.

Phew, I'm glad I didn't to those soft resets for nothing then. Thanks for the info~
Still no shiny Regidrago, but I had some legendary hunts taking weeks in Ultra Sun, so this is indeed pretty normal if you're not being on the lucky side for a particular hunt.

Phillies

After a 10 day shiny drought in Dynamax Adventures I caught a shiny Copperajah after a failed shiny Tapu Fini attempt. On my next run through I managed to get a shiny Fini. To top that off about 5 runs later I got a shiny Tapu Koko. I think the game more than made up for the long drought.

I started playing Pokemon GO about a month ago and that has been really good to me. In the short while I have been playing I have already managed to catch 18 shiny Pokemon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Oh this is sweet. I managed to get two Dynamax shinies in a row; a really tan Alolan Raichu, AND Tapu Fini!

DJX

Shiny hunter
So I've had quite a interesting afternoon. 3 Back to Back shinys in the Raid den.
#1 Cryogonal
#2 Dugtrio
#3 Sealeo
Then I wanted to finish off hatching the 5 eggs I've had in my box for a few days as i was 500+ for Toxel. First one was a freaking Shiny! absolutly insane luck.

Yesterday I got a Shiny Lunala Diggersby and a Beartic from the Dens also.

I'm around 80 dens in for Rayquaza in total. Think I'll take a break now to go and Encounter the Regi's. I am loving the DLC so far.
Good luck to all you hunters! and congratulations to the previous ones. Anyone know where Cyberra has got off too? Use to love reading her updates.

DJX

Shiny hunter
So I spent the whole of yesterday still in my dens hunting zygarde and managed to find

#1 Tangela which is now a big green tangrowth
#2 Alolan Sandslash
#3 Luxray

And after a long day of mostly fails , as I think zygarde is probably one of the toughest Dens out there I got my White dragon! this is perhaps my favourite shiny legendary and power construct is awesome!
Looking for a yveltal or rayquaza den now and push on to that

DJX

Shiny hunter
Congratulations on your recent shinys.

I'm currently 4 days deep into Ho-oh dens. I'm at around 150-200 dens possibly.
Had a drought for 3 days. But today so far I've had a shiny mudsdale and a shiny slowbro! So onto phase 3 for Ho-oh, going to take a stop with dens after this and proceed to MM a shiny grookey before moving onto the Regi's.

GL in all your hunts.

DJX

Shiny hunter
Congratulations on your regis Themaster327! Cant wait to start them up myself!. And congrats to everyone else on yours.

So I'm still doing Ho-oh adventures and it still hasnt shone.
But I've since managed to get a shiny Sceptile , octillery, relicanth , porygon and basculin. Putting me into phase 9 for this legendary! Zygarde and lunala was faily quick but this one is taking its time! I dont mind as I have alot of shinys to go into the living dex. Hoping it shines soon!

Good luck to all your hunts

Did some wormhole hunting for the Ultra Beasts and managed to get a shiny Kartana and Xurkitree since my last post.
Also hatched a shiny Torchic, Aron, Lileep and Spheal. Now trying to MM for a Baltoy on Sword and trying to get to the Ultra Ruin for Guzzlord in US. Only found the Ruin once to skip the cutscene but finding it a second time seems to be pretty difficult.

Anyways, my shiny luck has been pretty high since that really long Regidrago hunt. Hoping this streak will last~

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just got a shiny Piplup via Pokemon Home's surprise/wonder trade.

f78ef3d048508d7b602293e1ac9ee7954abfe061.jpg