• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Phillies

Pokemon go has been really good to me this week. So far I have gotten 2 Cubones, Drowzee, Piplup, Exeggcute, Zubat, Nidoran♂ & Aipom. Hopefully my luck continues with Community Day today.

In Dynamax Adventures I had to choose between a shiny Mienshao and shiny Landorus. I went with Mienshao since I figured it would be easier to reclaim the Landorus since the pokemon leading up to the legendaries is completely random. I also managed to get shiny Latias, Druddigon & Basculin.

Editing to add that I just reclaimed the shiny Landorus.
Editing again to say that I caught 6 shiny Electabuzz for community day in about 1 1/2 hours.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Nice!

Just caught a shiny Electabuzz in Go. Glad that I could get one, since I had to do Community day inside due to bad weather.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I got several shiny Electabuzz with Community Day. This will allow me to transfer a shiny Electivire into Sword/Shield without worrying about having to trade it away or find someone to trust(yeah, I'm introverted).

Well, this was unexpected...

Whilst trying to fill in the Galar portion of my Home Living Dex, I ran into this:

2020111716294600-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg
2020111716421300-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

DJX

Shiny hunter
Onto phase 11 for Ho-Oh now I've managed to catch a Shiny Hitmonchan and a shiny pyukumuku. Really good nature and Ivs.

Really hoping i get this bird quite soon now as i want to start my MM hunts and SR's

Edit: IT HAPPEND! Shiny Freaking Ho-Oh absolutly over the moon to finally get it. I love this shiny. Serious nature with 5 perfect IV'S except a a decent defence!
Onto the Regi's now!

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Edit: IT HAPPEND! Shiny Freaking Ho-Oh absolutly over the moon to finally get it. I love this shiny. Serious nature with 5 perfect IV'S except a a decent defence!

Nice, that was almost like my Shiny Ho-Oh from back then XD
I think my Shiny Ho-Oh's non-perfect IV was in SpDef though. A bit bad since SpDef is one of its highest stat, but I guess that kinda balances the lower IV.

Reactions: DJX

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, Pokemon Go was fruitful for me this week.

First I got a pair of shiny Electabuzz in the Community Day last Saturday, and I evolved one into Electivire. They were my first shiny Electabuzz, so I was pretty happy. I've got my fingers crossed that I'll get magmar shinies this weekend.

Then I got my second shiny Magnemite in the game. I traded it to my colleague at work for a shiny abra (which I've never had) and evolved it to Alakazam.

Finally, I was surprised to find a shiny Slowpoke in the game. I wasn't even aware it was released. I evolved it to Slowbro. Did anyone else hear Slowpoke was released?

Monox D. I-Fly

Finally, I was surprised to find a shiny Slowpoke in the game. I wasn't even aware it was released. I evolved it to Slowbro. Did anyone else hear Slowpoke was released?
Yes, I remember being surprised because one of its Shiny Evolution is purple and the other Shiny Evolution is violet closer to pink, its original color.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
One of my recent catches via Go. Glad to at least get one shiny Magmar/Magmortar.

9b3459a74f72622636faf2408ef2049396098dcd.jpg

1b216c1458db06ce174a841ba5edf6b8d150ddad.jpg

Monox D. I-Fly

Speaking of Shiny Go, I recently just got a Shiny Eevee from the Research Missions. At first I was afraid to evolve it since I really wanted it to evolve to either a Shiny Vaporeon or a Shiny Glaceon (I have a dream of becoming The Strongest Water Duelist) but I evolved it anyway. Thankfully it did evolve to Shiny Vaporeon.

Guzzlord shone a few days ago, wrapping up Ultra Sun for SR hunting. I've also hatched a shiny Sableye today in pokemon Sword.
I finally continued Ultra Moon now and beat Ultra Necrozma. Just started a SR hunt for Poipole on it. I don't have the shiny charm in this game yet, but gift pokemon aren't affected by the shiny charm anyways. It being lower odds will probably mean this is gonna take a while.

I'm also MM'ing for Mawile in Sword.

Pics (including those of my previous post cause I didn't include any):

YeYr44W.jpg

EnhDSwQVQAMl-pi

RPz7IHI.jpg

EnhDN3xUYAMzmfj

EnhDDbtVgAIKBtQ

EnhDDbrVgAIuX8J

EnhDDbrVcAEzfcu

EnhDDbmUwAUwveA

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
So I want to share a crazy shiny experience that I had earlier.

Me and my sister were playing a round of Dynamax Adventures trying for shiny legendaries and in one particular Adventure we had a shocker where both me and my sister got a shiny Pokemon in the same Adventure (It wasn't the same Pokemon though). I didn't even think that was possible, but here we are.

She got herself a shiny Passimian. Meanwhile, I got my shiny Ultra Beast I was looking for, which was Celesteela. It took me about 20-30 Adventures to get that (I don't remember the exact number and I'm not counting losses). Glad it didn't take too long, because I almost started to regret it after continuous losses, but my sister encouraged me to keep going and in the end, it worked out and we both got a shiny each.

Needless to say, I'm still very surprised this happened and is probably one of my most "Oh My Gosh" moments in a Pokemon game ever.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Just wanted to pop in to say I have found my seventh BQ team member in Y!
image0.jpg
image1.jpg

Shiny Spewpa in the Berry Fields! It appeared decently fast, and it's a hunt I've always wanted to do deep down. Shiny Spewpa has SUCH a cool shiny, so seeing it appear straight out of the shadow was an incredible experience. Novembre is female, just as I wanted, and is Brave natured, with amazing Speed, HP and Defense IVs but terrible everything else. You could say her IV spread is.... polarizing. *badum tss*
She is going to do beautifully against the next gym!

Final hunt of this BQ will be Klefki/Phantump/Pumpkaboo on Route 16! Only 10% chances of getting a Foongus with Magnet Pull for Klefki, so I believe I will be able to finish this BQ with the next Pokémon that shines! I can't believe Munchlax has given enough time for Y to catch up...