• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Unfortunately, I didn't get a shiny magmar with the Community Day hunt, but my game took pity on me and gave me a shiny zubat right after the event was over.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I didn't expect to find Klefki so quick!!

image0.jpg

Sol the Klefki (named after the french name for the G-clef, 'clef de Sol') is my 8th and final (!!!) member of my Y BQ. I can't believe in the time it took me to hunt Munchlax (still ongoing) I was able to both start and finish a BQ in Y. Incredible.
Sol is Mild nature which is awesome, has amazing IVs and is absolutely adorable. <3 That blue is really cool!

Only thing left to do now is to train Sol up and go through the rest of this crazy adventure! Here's a picture of the final team:
Completed_Y_Team.png

TheMaster327

4,243 resets. The longest of the Regis, but still decently quick!
So the total for all Regi is 262 + 1,832 + 721 + 21 + 4,014 + 4,243 = 11,093 encounters in all!

EDIT: Late last night, had a successful DA after only 7 runs!
Fini is Impish, which will require Minting later.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I really wish they had raised the pokemon storage in Pokemon Go to 4000 a week earlier, I hit the 3500 limit this past week. While it would ordinarily be a minor annoyance, it bothered me that I kept trying my darndest to fulfill all the nidoran goals in the hopes of getting a male shiny and only got my second shiny female in the game. I was so frustrated. UGH. I had to dump a ton of rattatas and magickarps afterward too, some in Let's Go Eevee and some in my game just because I've been trying to earn their medals, so it would have been nice to have the limit raised earlier. -_-

Also I got a shiny Psyduck on Thanksgiving. :)

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Finally after almost a year Project Platinum has been accomplished:

f3xoRauL_o.jpeg
rmmjd9JO_o.jpeg

The Shiny Darkrai was caught a couple of months back, and the Shiny Shaymin was just caught today. I had to chuck a Master Ball on the Darkrai, as I had actually spawned a shiny one about 6 months ago, and then had the game hang on me while I was trying to catch it (the cartridge is pretty old).

The Shaymin had a better catch rate so I used Ultra Balls on it (laying it on the table so that it wouldn't shake so much and risk freezing the game again). I was actually RNGing the Shaymin while doing the same for the Sword and Shield Regice.

They're now both in Omega Ruby just in case the cartridge decides to conk out the save file.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
After several weeks of rinsing Dynamax adventures, I finally found my first shiny which was Celesteela Random but I'll take it!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a pretty busy week on Pokemon Go. Most importantly, I finally got my first hatched shiny in the game, an Alolan Sandshrew (which I believe is also my first shiny sandshrew period, though I had sandslash in 5th gen), and a shiny snover, so I'm pretty happy. ^_^ I also got repeat shiny bulbasaur and shiny makuhita.

I'm really looking forward to the big community day hunt this weekend. I'm hoping to finally break the magmar curse, get the torchic and bagon and swinub I wasn't able to get before, totodile (which I've NEVER had as a shiny), and get some of those I missed last year like slakoth. I know it's a lot of hoping, but I'll be happy with any new shinies period.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Had some very good luck in Go. Caught a shiny Abra, Electabuzz, Gastly, Porygon, Magikarp and Bronzor.

Still working on my shiny Sobble and Sandygast hunts. Over 900 eggs (approximate) with the former and over 1000 murder encounters with the latter.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I got a whole flock of shinies during Community Day weekend, including my first rhyhorns and my first non-traded abra, but still NO MAGMAR. Dang it. T_T Shiny Magmar hates me. On the plus side, though, I did hatch my first shiny treecko in the game. :) I also found a shiny diglett during the week, also my first in the game.

Shiny Magmar, please come to me. Come to me Monday, I'll have cookies.

I got a whole flock of shinies during Community Day weekend, including my first rhyhorns and my first non-traded abra, but still NO MAGMAR. Dang it. T_T Shiny Magmar hates me. On the plus side, though, I did hatch my first shiny treecko in the game. :) I also found a shiny diglett during the week, also my first in the game.

Shiny Magmar, please come to me. Come to me Monday, I'll have cookies.
Whilst I'm here with 9 Shiny Magmars that need to go elsewhere so I can actually have space in my boxes

Also, all those Shiny Magmar (and Electabuzz) stole all my shiny luck on the community day, at least I got a few Shiny Abras and Magikarps...

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
After a week of SRing I finally got to getting this:

8DsWmZPP_o.jpg

This seriously took me more than a week. While I was RNGing for this I caught the shiny Shaymin I posted before, and a shiny Reshiram and shiny Kyurem for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, respectively.

Thankfully his next brother was less contrarian. After just one day this one appeared. Too bad I wasn't able to use a Luxury Ball on him, though; I didn't know that Bestow was not compatible with the current generation, and so I wasn't able to hand him a Leppa Berry.

abWt14iF_o.jpg

His other brother was also cooperative. Took two evenings, but it's not as bad as the first one:

e1fxnK6e_o.jpg

Finally, with the three captured I headed to the Split-Decision Ruins to get the last Regi available. I decided to go for Regieleki because 1) I think I can find more viable ways to use him over Regidrago, and 2) his shiny form is more apparent and thus less wear and tear on my sanity.

He took pretty long, but at least it wasn't one week. Took a whole weekend though of continuous grinding.

pN2Vkt0W_o.jpg

Named it after the James Bond film with Sean Connery in it, which is very fitting since we are in revershe Shcottland.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also while driving around doing errands and whatnot last Monday, I am very thankful for the Pokéball Plus for nabbing me these two:

WdPAcdIN_o.jpg
o1QK14jv_o.jpg

I named the explorer Pikachu after that Moogle in FF9 that also travelled a lot (along with mandatory name Moco for all my Pikachu). I promptly made him my buddy Pokémon.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned I have also captured a shiny Reshiram and a shiny Kyurem, and I'm currently gunning a second shiny Kyurem from my Omega Ruby. I can't get an SS of those as my 2DS is rubber banded, but with those two I managed to get 8 shinies this week, not considering the community weekend last week. All in all, a really, really good haul. Here's to hoping Gamefreak holds another shiny raid event this Christmas.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a busy week in Pokemon Go, with several new shinies to my game. I got explorer Pikachu, and I don't know why people say shiny Pikachu is not obvious, I could tell right away. I also got shiny bronzor, aron, and pinsir (even if I didn't get any shiny weezings from James, at least I got a pinsir ^_^ ).

Merry Christmas, everyone!