• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Phillies

Christmas has been lucky for me so far. In Go I caught a Piplup and then an hour later managed to catch a holiday Stantler. Meanwhile in Shield I started to hunt for a shiny Vulpix and managed to catch a purple 4star Mr Rime. I am now continuing my hunt for Vulpix.

TheMaster327

Dentim

Yesterday I bred a Koffing and a Cubone on my Virtual Console Silver and Crystal. They both hatched within 10 minutes of turning on my 2 3DSs, which wasn't a bad start for my daily Gen II breeding. On Go, I got a Snover this morning.
Aside from those good happenings, I have been soft-resetting my Shield for a Shiny Regirock (got the Charm) since Halloween and still no luck. I fear I may lose my mind soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally! After well over 1000 murder encounters, I finally ran into and caught a shiny Sandygast.

10b7ba5f40b8637526d942b8bdebcd270762c25d.jpg

86999f029faff122705309b60ef7edb0a6c5ccdc.jpg

0903fd04160a14e59dfb635a142ccb867dea3116.jpg

Now back onto my shiny Sobble hunt.

Dentim

Got a Skarmory in PoGo and on crystal a Rhyhorn through breeding yesterday at the end. Then I switched Rhyhorn for Kangaskhan and today the first damned egg was immediately a shiny, swear I'm not making that up.

Edit: I replaced that Kangaskhan with Horsea, went through all the Kangaskhan eggs I had (I frequently check for new eggs so I always work in bulk, but hatch in the order received) and the second Horsea was also Shiny. Lucky me.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My shiny Sobble hunt is finally over! After over 1000 eggs, Bubble07 hatched from his egg.

490b7b7a0bdddbc145669304c0376ac056a03a72.jpg

2397861f85e08b419cfd6ba8b2a630bef5038d36.jpg

Last edited:

Phillies

My shiny Sobble hunt is finally over! After over 1000 eggs, Bubble07 hatched from his egg.

Congrats. Long egg hunts suck but are quite satisfying when completed. Great name by the way.

As for my on shiny hunting I got a Snively in Go and in Shield I got an Eldegoss and Aurorus while searching for Kyogre. Right now I am continuing my hunt for Kyogre.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Congrats. Long egg hunts suck but are quite satisfying when completed. Great name by the way.

As for my on shiny hunting I got a Snively in Go and in Shield I got an Eldegoss and Aurorus while searching for Kyogre. Right now I am continuing my hunt for Kyogre.
Thanks! Definitely.

Nice.

And just now, a second shiny Sobble hatched from an egg! Named him Buster Keaton.

Caught a shiny Machop in Go. Planning on moving it to Home and then into Let's Go and then over to Shield.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

After giving up on the Scorbunny hunt, I picked up the Treecko hunt a few weeks ago but put the game on backburner for a while. Unfortunately, tested positive for COVID a few days ago so I'm cooped up and decided to pick up my Treecko hunt again. Probably about 200 eggs later, the torquoise frog popped out. I'll try and upload a photo later.

It's Impish with flawless stats in everything but Attack and Defense. Will mint and bottle cap later.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Long overdue update, but my LG BadgeQuest is finally done after many years lol. After getting training up Ponyta and beating the 8th Gym, I decided to get another shiny before challenging the E4. Did a quick 1320 SR hunt at the Celadon Game Corner to get this:

After that I beat the E4 and am planning on hunting more once I unlock the post game islands

Golden_Arcanine

After giving up on the Scorbunny hunt, I picked up the Treecko hunt a few weeks ago but put the game on backburner for a while. Unfortunately, tested positive for COVID a few days ago so I'm cooped up and decided to pick up my Treecko hunt again. Probably about 200 eggs later, the torquoise frog popped out. I'll try and upload a photo later.

It's Impish with flawless stats in everything but Attack and Defense. Will mint and bottle cap later.

After completing the Treecko hunt, I moved over to Sobble and a few days later a shiny Sobble was mine. It inherited Sniper as it's ability, mild as it's nature, and 31/0/31/31/31/x so I'll need to mint it but I'm stoked. Time to EV train it.

EDIT: And add a shiny Litten to the new list. It unfortunately inherited Blaze instead of Intimidate, so it'll need to be Ability Capsule'd. It's Timid in nature, and it's 31/x/31/31/31/31 so most likely will be getting minted and bottle capped.

EDIT #2: Spent the better part of today on and off shiny hunting Dhelmise and it shined for me tonight. It's Mild in nature with 31/31/31/0/x/31 so it'll need to be minted and bottle capped to fix those issues. Overall, this was probably my second longest hunt after Litten.

EDIT #3: And my shiny luck continues as Rowlett popped out on the 155th egg. I figured it'd take least 250 eggs before it shined. But it came out with Long Reach. It's Gentle in nature with 0/31/31/31/31/31 IVs. I think I'm going to take a break for a few hours and EV train these new guys.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just caught a shiny Mareep in Go today.

a2ce344f80ac99667ccd8aabc19be41016e50762.jpg

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

Ever since 2021, I made a target of getting at least 1 Shiny per month in Pokemon Go. Got a Shiny Chimchar in the middle of the month, then a Shiny Machop on its Community Day. Mirror Traded it with the leader of my community, then evolved it to Shiny Machoke using Rare Candies and evolved it again instantly straight up to Shiny Machamp since a traded Machop doesn't need Candies to evolve to Machamp once it becomes a Machoke.