• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just had some really random luck in Shield. Found a Shedinja raid, that turned out to be a shiny one! Caught it too.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Just had some really random luck in Shield. Found a Shedinja raid, that turned out to be a shiny one! Caught it too.
^^if Pantsu hosted it, it’s hacked. I have one.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
^^if Pantsu hosted it, it’s hacked. I have one.
I don't think it was them.

It's IVs aren't good. Just its Sp.Def, Hp, Atk and Def are good.

I don't mind either way, given how hard it is to get into a Shedinja raid. They're either locked or they fill up fast.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

Talk about extreme luck. Not only was I invited to a decently sized Latios raid, but I encountered a green Latios. And I actually caught it in one go. Even ignoring its shininess, this is the luckiest I have ever been in legendary raids

Shiny Legendaries for Raids are automatically catches so long as you hit the target. Throw a Pinap Bery and collect the easy berries.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
So I got into a shiny MIlcery raid, and the host kept using Bulldoze to knock us out.

Jokes on them, I caught it anyway. :cool:
That's good, glad you were able to get it. Shame on them for doing that.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
2 more shinies from raids - Tyrantrum and Audino :)

I still feel kind of weird about shinies I obtain in raids. I’m like 99.9% sure they’re legitimate; they’re not from password locked raids and the OT doesn’t have .com in their name. But I don’t want to accidentally give anyone a hack either.

Teravolt

got a probably hacked shiny milcery but i don’t care IT’S GONNA HAVE THE BLUE SPRINKLES AND I’LL LOVE IT FOREVER

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
got a probably hacked shiny milcery but i don’t care IT’S GONNA HAVE THE BLUE SPRINKLES AND I’LL LOVE IT FOREVER
What makes you think it was hacked?

If it's from a raid, then those have already shown up.
If it's from a trade, then someone might have had an extra.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My hunt for a shiny Litten just came to an end. This bad boy just hatched today.

cb97631000e0183888c2911d24d97dd618bf92f1.jpg

Golden_Arcanine

2 more shinies from raids - Tyrantrum and Audino :)

I still feel kind of weird about shinies I obtain in raids. I’m like 99.9% sure they’re legitimate; they’re not from password locked raids and the OT doesn’t have .com in their name. But I don’t want to accidentally give anyone a hack either.

I mean, they're probably not hacks. Just den manipulation.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Teravolt

I GOT A SHINY LUNALA RN I’M LITERALLY FREAKING OUT THIS IS AAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGGGGGG
now I’m going into random Dynamax adventures to save routes and such for MOAR SHINIES

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Along with a repeat Bronzor and Weedle this week in Pokemon Go, I finally got my first Spotlight Hour shiny with Luvdisc, also my first shiny Luvdisc in the game. ^_^ I can't wait for the new Kanto shinies coming up and the Fletchling community day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Got 2 shinies today: a shiny Articuno via the GTS and a shiny Horsea via Pokemon Go. All in all, a pretty nice day. :)

Teravolt

Q: If you switch Dynamax Adventure raid types, will that still count toward your 1/100 shiny odds? I caught a bunch of things in Solgaleo raids (significantly easier) to bring up my catch count in Xerneas raids, but when I went back to Xerneas raids, I still haven’t found a shiny.

Golden_Arcanine

Q: If you switch Dynamax Adventure raid types, will that still count toward your 1/100 shiny odds? I caught a bunch of things in Solgaleo raids (significantly easier) to bring up my catch count in Xerneas raids, but when I went back to Xerneas raids, I still haven’t found a shiny.

It's not a once every 100 raids you get a shiny. Each individual shiny has a 1/100 chance of being a shiny.

Teravolt

It's not a once every 100 raids you get a shiny. Each individual shiny has a 1/100 chance of being a shiny.
Someone told me the shiny odds were “fixed”. I presumed that meant that every time you caught 100 mons, the hundredth would be shiny. Am I wrong, then?

PokeAmi

Why is Latios in Alpha Sapphire so resistant. I have the shiny charm, but i'm way over 7000+ encounters or runaways and he is still not shiny T.T
Maybe I should do soft resets instead. Or maybe I'm just really unlucky on this one :oops: