• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ebevan91

I hatched a square shiny Torchic in under 3 boxes this morning and hatched a star shiny one 20 minutes later while hatching my 4th and last box of eggs. Both with Speed Boost, too.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

Someone told me the shiny odds were “fixed”. I presumed that meant that every time you caught 100 mons, the hundredth would be shiny. Am I wrong, then?

Nope. Otherwise I would have multiple shinies right now...not none.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Still working on my shiny Beldum hunt in Shield. Over 600 murder encounters now. Not giving up though.

Phillies

I finally managed to get a shiny Milcery from that event in Shield. I think I had to have had close to 200 encounters to find this thing. As usual Pokemon go has been really go to me. The Kanto event yielded me 25 shinies not counting the shiny Ditto which I finally got today. I have also gotten 6 other shinies since then.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a pretty successful shiny catching spree on Saturday, even if I didn't get my #1 target, Lickitung. I got first-time shinies with Mankey and Hitmonlee, got my first shiny non-event Pikachus (male and female), and a few repeats, plus another Bronzor after, but I think it was a successful day. I'm glad I finally got Kangaskhan in a raid too, even if it wasn't shiny, so now I just need Mew to complete the Kanto dex. Unfortunately I didn't get the shiny ditto. :(

Monox D. I-Fly

I didn't get any Shiny in Pokemon Go last month, though I did get two in January (Chimchar & Machap). Also, I have two upcoming Shiny Trades with the Pokemon Go community in my town.

TheMaster327

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Seems like just three months ago I had 0 shiny Pikachus, now they keep popping up almost weekly in Pokemon Go.

On the plus side, I got my second shiny Slowpoke this week, so I was able to get my shiny Slowking to go with my shiny Slowbro. Plus, I finally got a shiny Clefairy, which I'm working on getting candies for to evolve. It's been a good week. ^_^ I just wish they'd release shiny hoppip with all these little cuties popping up this week.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Caught a shiny Fletchling today in Go. Moved it over to Home and then into Shield.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Had some ridiculous shiny luck in my Shield version these past couple days. Went to the Isle of Armor to grab Max Mushrooms and decided to catch some Pokemon while searching that I hadn't registered in my dex yet. I random encountered a shiny Azumarill, very happy with that since it's a beautiful shiny. Then LITERALLY 5 MINUTES later I run into a shiny Kadabra! I almost couldn't believe it before it did the shiny animation lol. I've never had two shinies that close to each other, closest I've had in the past was a Golduck and Larvitar in HGSS at about an hour apart.

A couple days later I decided to try and shiny hunt a fossil from the fossil revive method, didn't care which one I got, just whichever decided to shine first. Now, here's the thing I didn't know: fossil reviving is full odds regardless of if you have the shiny charm or not. I ended up getting a shiny Dracovish after around 500 revives. Figured I got pretty lucky being under odds, but I didn't learn until afterwards that that was a really lucky full odds shiny too. My plan was to try to get all four of them, but now I'm not sure I want to do that lol.

So yeah, I've been very happy with my luck the past couple days. I want to push it, but I don't know what I want to hunt next.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Was trying for a shiny Drowzee, but I found a shiny Skarmory instead. Not that I mind. It's a pretty cool shiny.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Second shiny legendary in GO, this time with the hindsight of knowing I'll get it in one catch so Pinap Berry away. Landorus is mine. Oh, and I got a pyrite Geodude earlier

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Nice. It's my birthday and one of the first Pokemon I got today was a shiny mascot

Golden_Arcanine

Have had some amazing luck getting into Shiny Raids that I've been putting off the Dynamax Adventures. But did a Xerneas DA and ended up getting a shiny Xerneas after 4 runs through.