• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I was leaving work and checking Pokemon Go on my phone the other day (still at work, not on the road) when a blue Electrike popped up. I didn't even know shiny Electrike was available in the game. I also got my 3rd or 4th shiny chimchar, but the shiny electrike was a surprise.

I didn't know shiny glameow was available either, I just got one. There really should be a list to double-check what pokemon haven't been released in general and what shinies have not been released in Pokemon Go.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I thought I'd go the whole week without a shiny (from last Thursday), but then a shiny Pikachu showed up today (I think I have, like, 5 now), and even better, I finally got a shiny Shinx in a raid. ^_^ I just wish I'd get a shiny aipom or croagunk or sudowoodo one of these days.

Monox D. I-Fly

Traded my Shiny Gengar Hat with a Shiny Ghastly in Pokemon Go because I didn't have Shiny Ghastly in my Pokedex yet. Kinda surprised that among the Shiny Ghastly, Haunter, and Gengar, Shiny Ghastly looks the best.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I was leaving work and checking Pokemon Go on my phone the other day (still at work, not on the road) when a blue Electrike popped up. I didn't even know shiny Electrike was available in the game. I also got my 3rd or 4th shiny chimchar, but the shiny electrike was a surprise.

I didn't know shiny glameow was available either, I just got one. There really should be a list to double-check what pokemon haven't been released in general and what shinies have not been released in Pokemon Go.
here ya go. it’s not 100% up to date (shiny Bunnelby was released today, for example), but it’s adequate.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
here ya go. it’s not 100% up to date (shiny Bunnelby was released today, for example), but it’s adequate.
Thanks Teravolt! I'll check it later. :)

As for me, I got a couple of repeat shinies this week, Skitty and Exeggcute. Shiny Buneary continues to elude me, just like shiny Magmar. :(

Monox D. I-Fly

Got a Shiny Spearow in Pokemon Go some days ago and evolved it to a Shiny Fearow. I don't know why but when I showed it to people in my community, they said that they thought it's just a myth.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got a shiny Snivy today in Pokemon Go. Might keep it there, but not sure just yet.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Encountered and caught a shiny Dhelmise in a random raid. The only unfortunate thing was that I wasn’t comfortable using the Dream Ball we just got. But the Repeat Ball works thematically just as well :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I found Serebii's list of shinies that have been released in Pokemon Go and wrote down all the ones that haven't been (and crossed off Trubbish and Smeargle since they're being released very soon), so now I don't have to wonder anymore what's shiny in the game.

At least I've had a pretty busy week, with not only three shiny snivys on Community Day, but TWO shiny minuns and a shiny plusle which are new for me, Tailow again, and Wurmple again. I've got my fingers crossed right now that my unlucky streak with Magmar and Male Nidoran will end this week. Send me good vibes and luck, everyone.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
This has been a crazy week for shinies! Got a Nidoran-F in Pokemon Go and Glaceon and Absol in Max Raids in Sword!

Xionea

Half a centaur
Yesterday I decided I wanted to hunt for a shiny Spinda. I used to have one but I traded it away a few years ago. So I reset my Omega Ruby (I wanted to play through it again so this was a good opportunity) and made it up to the Spinda route and grabbing a Sweet Scent user to start horde hunting. I had to do this with full odds since my living dex is in HOME now, but I figured it shouldn't be too bad with the horde hunting method. Well luck shined on me and exactly 150 hordes in and a beautiful shiny Spinda appeared. I caught it in a Premier Ball, went off to train it on some old routes to use in my playthrough, then came back to continue my playthrough.

Continuing into the route near the Soot Collector's house, the Dexnav beeped, telling me a Spinda with Water Pulse was nearby. "Ooh, that's neat, I might as well catch that while I'm here." Why am I mentioning this? Well, if it wasn't obvious, that Spinda was also shiny! Yes, I ended up getting 2 shiny Spinda today, about 2 hours apart. Both full odds too. Now, I know there's some shiny hunting mechanic involved so it technically wasn't "full odds," I really only encountered like maybe 5 Pokemon in between the two, so it was more or less full odds. Point is, I freaked out, I went in expecting to get my one shiny Spinda, but I came out with two!
c6Cnx2R.jpg

lfUaJhn.jpg
And here's a look at their patterns on the summary page:
kJkZynF.jpg

8ec1Bex.jpg

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Sadly shiny magmar still continues to evade me in Pokemon Go. T_T But on the plus side, I finally got a shiny male nidoran this past week, so now I have shiny nidoking and nidoqueen. :)

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Coming back to this thread with a new shiny for 2021!

cy4cMDk.jpg

So I enter a twitch stream of a streamer I was following. They were doing the Eiscue magic den trick for all of the followers. This is the special Eiscue den TPC was promoting for World Penguin day. I decided to insert my Sword game into my Switch to participate. This was worth it for my first shiny of 2021.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I got two new Pokemon Go shinies this week, one of which I've never had as a shiny. Although it was great to finally get a shiny bellsprout- in the wild on Friendship Day, not with Team Rocket- I was glad to finally get a shiny totodile. I've never had one at all. With it, I now have two of three shiny starters for each of the first four generations in the game. I'm only missing squirtle, cyndaquil, torchic, and turtwig (I've never had any of them as shinies either except for torchic). So I'm really excited. ^_^ I also hatched a shiny Alolan Meowth, so that makes one wild and one shiny one I've gotten in the game, both Alolan.

I'm hoping I'll get shiny Aipom with the new challenge, even more than Smeargle.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
So I got a shiny Eiscue from the event, but I’m not sure it’s legit. I see on the raid table that it says “Guaranteed (Square)” for the events, but can it be a star too? Because mine is.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just learned that there's a Shiny thread. That's cool. Or maybe I've seen it before and forgot about it. Either way. :confused:

My most recent Shinies are three Shiny G-Meowth. I fully trained one and evolved it into a Perrserker. I'm saving the other two for trades in the future

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I grabbed a shiny Sneasel in the Dynamax Adventures.
It reminds me of the time my friend's cousin(?) cloned his shiny Sneasel and I managed to get one in Pokemon Silver.

Anyway, it's Impish, but unfortunately, it has a "No Good" Speed IV.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Got the shiny charm in Omega Ruby again and wanted to hunt some hordes and see what kind of shinies I could find. Compared to my shiny Spinda that I got without the shiny charm, it took about twice as long to find a new shiny, this time being a shiny Wurmple! I was originally going for Spheal or Snorunt in Shoal Cave, but I tend to hunt really late at night so it's usually high tide when I play and I was too lazy to head back when it was lowered, so I opted to go for Petalburg Woods instead. Wurmple was the one I wanted most there, so I'm glad I got it. Probably just gonna leave it as is, then randomly evolve any others I may get in the future. Might grab one more horde encounter shiny in Shoal Cave then try a dexnav chain encounter one and see what that's like since I've never done it before.