• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
330 eggs no shiny. Sad.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
What are you trying to hunt for?

I'm still hunting for a shiny Beldum. I think I'm well over 2k on it, in terms of murder encounters.

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
i am hunting for a blipbug via Masuda method
i think im at 360+ eggs now. oof.

ive done much longer hunts ofc but still. its been...2 yeras? since my last MM and now its 2 much work

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
I grabbed a shiny Sneasel in the Dynamax Adventures.
It reminds me of the time my friend's cousin(?) cloned his shiny Sneasel and I managed to get one in Pokemon Silver.

Anyway, it's Impish, but unfortunately, it has a "No Good" Speed IV.
thats what bottle caps are for

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
i am hunting for a blipbug via Masuda method
i think im at 360+ eggs now. oof.

ive done much longer hunts ofc but still. its been...2 yeras? since my last MM and now its 2 much work

Dang that's frustrating. I hope this hunt works out for you.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Continuing on my Omega Ruby hunting spree, I successfully used the DexNav to find a shiny Zorua! Took around 300 encounters, which seems to be some back luck, but didn't seem too bad once I found a rhythm on how to do it.

Then I went back to Shoal Cave for the horde hunting again, only this time I got what I didn't want, a shiny Zubat. Out of the 3 hordes there, that was the one I wanted least, but I can evolve it to a Crobat for my shiny collection so I still needed it ultimately.

Next goal is to SR for a shiny Registeel. I've never managed to SR for a shiny legendary yet, closest I've done was my shiny Nihilego. I'm expecting this one to be long.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Well, I'm completely stunned. My shiny Registeel hunt took me only 100-200 SRs. It caught me off guard, I barely even tested how to lower it's HP or anything, so I got really terrified that I'd crit it and ruin this. Thankfully, I caught it fairly fast by tossing some Dusk Balls at it. But yeah, that's officially my first shiny legendary through SR!
UKUoiPn.jpg

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I have now gotten THREE shiny Sneasel. One from Shield Dynamax Adventures, and two from Pokémon Go. I DON’T NEED THREE

I WANT DIFFERENT SHINIES

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm glad I remembered that shiny Alolan Grimer has the colors of normal Kanto grimer, otherwise I would have missed out on one shiny this week.

Also, in unrelated news, I finally got enough $$ together to buy a Switch Light, so now I can get back into the Let's Go games and more shiny opportunities since I'll be able to trade pokemon between games now. I lost interest in LGE when I started running out of money for pokeballs in the game.

Teravolt

AT LAST

I GOT SHINY TERRAKION

Xionea

Half a centaur
Got three more shinies through horde battling in OR: Zigzagoon, Oddish, and Numel.

The Numel was kinda funny cause after I got the shiny Oddish I went to the route before the Spinda one to see what hordes appeared there and it was the first Numel horde that I encountered with the shiny in it.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that I had a random shiny encounter (Shiny Shuckle in Sword) or that I wasn’t even looking for it.

Constantly slaughtering Tyrunt and Tyrantrum in the Crown Tundra while trying to find their shiny forms is fun!

Last edited:

Teravolt

I got a shiny Galarian Zigzagoon in a research encounter on Go today. I transferred it to Sword, and will be naming it Amanda. I wish it was male, but hey, it’s a great shiny.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I got a shiny Galarian Zigzagoon in a research encounter on Go today. I transferred it to Sword, and will be naming it Amanda. I wish it was male, but hey, it’s a great shiny.
Lucky you: I only got the regular shiny version