• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

LeoMessi10

Bit of a funny story here… (or tragic, depending on your point of view xD)

I decided to hunt for a shiny Zigzagoon using the chaining method, and at about 250-ish battles, I encountered my very first totally random, full-odds shiny - a Cutiefly. I got really excited for a second, then I thought…“Galarian Zigzagoon is one of my all-time favourite shiny forms….I really want it and I don’t want to ruin the chain”. I decided to willingly run away from it xS I still can't quite believe I really did that lol…you hear stories of people running away from random shinies by accident, but never on purpose xD

I eventually did get the shiny Zigzagoon, after >2000 encounters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
There's not much talk about GO shinies in the thread compared to the core games, and I'm curious why. Is it because it's too "easy" to do so?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
There's not much talk about GO shinies in the thread compared to the core games, and I'm curious why. Is it because it's too "easy" to do so?
Probably? Granted, it's not as easy as LGPE shiny hunting (from what I've heard?), but even someone like myself who has had gosh-awful luck in all their years playing the core games has fared far better in PoGO.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Nice!

Congrats everyone on your new shinies! :)

Beldum is being downright stubborn in Shield. Not even sure of what number I'm on anymore lol. Still working on finding a shiny one though.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Last night, I got shiny Suicune after 47 catches and 85 raids! I’m now onto Entei, and after that, I’ll have all three Johto legendary beasts.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
After getting Zapdos out of the way (I have a shiny one in GO already, so I didn't really care), Peonia provided me with the location of Xerneas in Sword's Dynamax Den... I'm considering shiny hunting it. (If so, I'll have to be on the lookout for Yveltal in Shield--can't have one without the other, after all.)

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Congrats, Master! That's an incredible accomplishment. Your perseverance really shows. (Zygarde was infuriatingly difficult for me to subdue.) I don't think I'd be up to shiny hunting it if you paid me. I'll make due with its fellow Gen VI box legendaries.

Teravolt

So, after 30 raids and 23 catches, shiny Entei is mine! :D
Up next, Latias!

Teravolt

Shiny Latias is mine after 6 captures and 8 raids!
Up next, raid hunting with other players until I find Latios and/or an Ultra Beast!

TheMaster327

So, the whole reason for the Apricorn run in my last post will now be explained. Here's the phases!
Escavalier sadly meant I lost a Moon Ball, forcing me on another Apricorn run to get another Moon Ball, which I acquired. Escavalier was a Sassy nature!
And the main reason for Moon Ball. Cress was a Rash nature but has been minted Modest!

Teravolt

TheMaster327

Again at 12 runs!
Kartana ended up being Serious, has since been minted Adamant! Charm has been popping recently!

EDIT: Did not expect this so soon as well!

EDIT2: I JUST GOT VIRI!
Terrakion is a Relaxed nature and now I need a lie down after that!

Last edited:

Phillies

Community Day was been pretty good for today. Before the event started I caught a shiny Scyther in GO. I managed to get a lot of shiny Eevees during the event. This evening while doing Dynamax Adventures hunting for a shiny Mewtwo I managed to catch a a shiny mid-day form Lycanroc.

Did anyone else think that the shinies were coming way to easy today? I am think I doubled the average amount I get on Community Day.

Edit: I got a shiny shadow Sneasel this morning.

Last edited:

Teravolt

*press F for luck*

Still hunting for Zekrom. Haven’t gotten a single shiny in almost 100 raids. 64 Zekrom captures and going…

Cadey5

Hello! new here, I am not a fan of the increased and ease of how to get shiny pokemon on the new games so I was thinking of starting a shiny badge quest on a old Soul Silver game :)

would anyone be interested in updates and or want to join me?