• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Got Urusla in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which was hard to get.

I, uh, I mean I actually got a couple of shiny Eevee in Pokemon Go.

Phillies

I got my second shiny shadow pokemon in Go this week. After getting Sneasel Sunday morning I got a Seedot this evening. During that time I hatched a shiny Beldum and caught a shiny Ledyba, Pidgey, Weedle and Clefairy.

As far as my Mewtwo hunt goes he has decided that he wants to be stubborn.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
SHINY ZEKROM HAS ARRIVED

Successful Catch: 106

Total: 176

I named him Waldo.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm glad I hit my goal of getting five shiny eevees in the Community Day this weekend. As I was lucky enough to get all three Kanto eeveelutions with the first three shiny eevees I got in months past, now I can work on the evolutions I have control over. ^_^

Congrats to Kyuu-Tales on Taillow and G-Max Alcremie (love that cake!), TheMaster327 on Claydol, Lanturn, Tyrantrum, Absol, Entei, Latios, Reshiram, Zygarde (my Zygarde hunt was awful I just reset a successful run a bunch of times until I got it), Giratina, Foongus, Escavalier, the absolutely beautiful moon ball Cresselia, Cobalion, Zekrom, Kartana, Virizion, Terrakion, Passimian, Uxie, Yungoos, and Landorus (phew, you are a shiny hunting machine!), LeoMessi10 on G-Zigzagoon (though it came at a price—sorry about that Cutiefly!), Teravolt on Suicune, Entei, Latias, and that stubborn Zekrom (lmao at Waldo), Phillies on Scyther, multiple Eevees, Lycanroc, Sneasel, Seedot, Beldum, Ledyba, Pidgey, Weedle, and Clefairy, Auraninja on Eevees, Monox D. I-Fly on Eevee and a hopefully fixed laptop, and wobbanut on 5 Eevees.

Sorry if I missed anyone!

There's not much talk about GO shinies in the thread compared to the core games, and I'm curious why. Is it because it's too "easy" to do so?
I’ve never played lol. It seems fun, though! I really liked the overworld shinies in LGPE even if they were “easy”.

Hello! new here, I am not a fan of the increased and ease of how to get shiny pokemon on the new games so I was thinking of starting a shiny badge quest on a old Soul Silver game :)

would anyone be interested in updates and or want to join me?
Welcome! I’m new too. :) I would love to hear your updates—HGSS are my absolute favorite games. I wish I could join you but I‘m currently in the middle of an XY BQ. HGSS BQ is one of my goals though so I may do one at a later date.

Well, I haven’t had much time to hunt lately but I did manage to get my 2nd BQ member…after 5 phases. That’s right, after an Azurill at 4,932 RE, a Bunnelby at 6,743 RE, another Bunnelby at 8,932 RE, a Psyduck at 14,232 RE, and another Azurill at 19,111 RE, I finally got my Litleo after a total of 21,064 REs! I am very happy to be leaving Route 22. After I trash Grant I plan on setting up on Route 6 for shiny Espurr. That thing is just so dang cute.

My Arctozolt hunt has reached 8800 total fossils seen and I’ve hatched 250 eggs for my second Slowpoke. Really hoping Arctozolt shines before 10k. I’ve also gotten somewhat sidetracked with shiny breeding in Gold VC after I learned of the shiny Ditto trick. I’ve set up a side hunt for Cyndaquil on that game which is currently at 50 eggs.

Good luck to Kyuu-Tales on Combee and/or Xerneas if you decide to hunt them (Xerneas has a lovely shiny), WishIhadaManafi5 on Beldum, Phillies on Mewtwo, Xionea on Pheromosa if you’re still hunting it, and everyone else!

Oh wow, I haven't posted here in ages. I've shiny hunted a ton the past few months, completing the hunts for the remaining breedable pokemon available in Sw/Sh that I didn't have yet. I've continued my hunts in Ultra Moon as well, catching shiny Kyogre, Latias, Palkia, Zekrom and Yveltal.

Currently I'm SR'ing for a shiny Pheromosa on Ultra Moon and lowkey started a Regieleki hunt in Shield. Celesteela and Stakataka are the only Ultra Moon ones I still need after Pheromosa so I'm almost there.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
today was a great day!
Yesterday’s Shiny: Azelf (named Azul)
BONUS Shiny Absol (60)
Shiny Cramorant (66)
BONUS Shiny Drapion (83)
Azelf (102)

Today’s Shiny: Uxie (Esmerelda, after 8 catches and 9 raids)

I also got a random shiny Mewtwo. His name is 7-Up.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I only got a shiny Wurmple this week, but it was worth it because with this third one I now have both shiny Dustox and shiny Beautifly. ^_^

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Shiny hunting in the main games have been put on hold briefly. I caught a shiny Tangela in PoGO yesterday, though!

Phillies

Its been a good last few days for me hunting in Dynamax Adventures. On Saturday I managed to finally catch the shiny Mewtwo that I had been hunting for a while. Sunday I managed to catch Tapu Lele, yesterday I got a Beartic and finally today I got a Zygarde. I can't complain about that at all and am glad that the Zygarde hunt didn't last long since I wasn't having much luck beating it by myself.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Last edited:

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Just got a shiny Dusk Lycanroc in a raid! Trying to think up a nickname…it’s a girl :)

Edit: After combing through a dog name list, her name is Piper.

Last edited: