• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Golden_Arcanine

Wish I had the dedication that TheMaster327 has with Dynamax Adventures. I'm probably pushing 100 runs for this phase of Lunala, but no luck. But my on again, off again Mudkip MM hunt is over. Probably around 250 or so eggs if I had to guess.

ohjeezitskim

Hello! It's been a LONG while since I've posted but I recently got my shiny Rowlet!
It was a on/off hunt I was doing since Sun/Moon that I would always pause to breed other pokemon/shiny hunt something else!

I got mostly lucky with Rowlet! I'm gunna say it was maybe 500 eggs total (180 in that batch) to hatch a shiny!
She hatched FEMALE! With perfect IVs! However, no HA.

I've also been doing Dynamax Adventures for fun since the odds are about 1/100 (with charm) I've probably did about 30 of them, with no luck. I asked my sister to do a Mewtwo one with me, and she got a shiny mewtwo in her first dynamax adventure. I was so mad lol. I feel like I get paired with bimbos and a lot of times we fail the legendary raid.

I haven't done loads of hunts this gen but I have MMed a shiny Alola Vulpix, Larvitar, Riolu, Dreepy, and now the Rowlet. I don't remember the numbers on ANY of them but Riolu - 81 eggs!

My current hunts are MM Moon ball noibat (over 240 right now - I have a lot of spare 5iv if anyone is interested) and REs for Frosmoth. I hit up dynamax adventures every once in a while to see if I can get lucky (i have suicune, xerneas, mewtwo saved) but they usually irritate me after 3 rounds hahaha!

Hunts are going slower because I'm ONLY hunting if I'm streaming, so I can save the video and upload it lol. I used to do a lot of shiny hunting videos on yt, so now I'm back at it! Rowlet was my first upload in a while!

Hoping to be back soon with Noibat/Frosmoth/Raid shiny!

NitroLightningFlash

Hi fellow shiny hunters! Haven't logged on in SerebiiForums for a couple years now, due to a lot of personal issues in real life, but i've still been shiny hunting on and off during that time on Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Pokemon Shield, (i got rid of my DS/3DS Pokemon games a while back and i REGRET it!).

Recently though i've bought Soul Silver, Black, Platinum and Pokemon X, and i'm going to start picking shiny hunting up more seriously again (rather than just on and off), and i'm aiming to see what games i can find next week.

I have got a fair few shinies since i was last here, some of my favorites are my shiny Centiskorch, shiny Toxtricity, shiny Thievul, Galarian Rapidash, Alolan Ninetales and a random shiny Blaziken (that i got through Dynamax Adventures earlier this year), all in Pokemon Shield!

For the past few days though i was doing MM on Pokemon X for a shiny Fennekin and i got one today after i don't know how many eggs (i'll edit the post later how many as all the hatched Fennekin's are still in the PC, so i can work it out xD).

I still have like 12 boxes of Fennekin eggs to hatch yet though so maybe i'll get another if i'm really lucky! Probably not but it's nice to dream ^^

Note: I'll edit the post later after hatching the remaining eggs in the boxes and maybe upload (if i can remember how, it's been forever) ^^;

EDIT: Here he is! Hope this works ^^;

der4c8m-efb18ec5-ae41-4c63-8f37-dc2cd8f46e2e.png

He hatched after 361 eggs on 16th September 2021 (this morning), at around 10:45am and has his hidden ability! Would of got him last night if i'd started hatching eggs i collected yesterday but oh well! xD

Only been able to hatch four more boxes today, with 9 boxes of eggs still unhatched which i'll try and do tomorrow, highly doubt i'll get another in this batch though xD

Congrats to everyone who've gotten shinys! And good luck to everybody in their current hunts! ^^

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
UGH, I really tried for a shiny baltoy during the recent spotlight hour, since I don't already have one, but unfortunately no shinies appeared. I hope there's some good ones to try for next month that I haven't had as a shiny yet. On the positive side, I finally got a shiny drowzee. :)

ohjeezitskim

I really didn't think I'd be back so soon but last night while streaming I got my first DA shiny!! I was mad during this round because before the first round someone disconnected and I got stuck with playing all bots. We managed to finish it and on the screen to pick, I forgot the first round got skipped (since someone left) so there were only three pokemon. I was slightly confused and missed that I actually had a shiny Vaporeon at first!!

I already had a shiny vaporeon previous from X but they have different abilities at least! My new one is Bashful xx/31/31/31/31/xx

Afterwards I just wanted to hatch some eggs from my Noibat hunt, and the second or third egg I hatched.. My shiny Moon Ball Noibat appeared! It was after about 343 eggs (give or take a dozen) timid with xx/31/31/31/31/31!

I was super happy to get both on stream, even though no one was there haha.
I did upload the reaction to youtube

So I'm super excited to start my next MM (reclaim a shiny Staryu since two ran on me in let's go)

TheMaster327

Another DA down! This one had some phases!
Vespiquen ended up a Careful nature, and the very next run...
...a Rash Heatmor shows up! It was a little while before Phase 3 at 52 runs where...
...a Quirky Hatterene said hi! And then I went the longest phase for the main attraction, but after 117 total runs, it appeared.
Even had a Calm nature, perfect for Articuno!

11 DAs left before I have them all.

I'd been MM'ing Pheromosa for quite some time and then finally on the 13th it shone.
I then proceeded to Celesteela which was my last Ultra Wormhole hunt and got a shiny one after just two days.

Now I'm trying for Stakataka, which is the last MM of this game left.

oM85Wxl.jpg

r2iR6ev.jpg

Phillies

I had some extremely good luck in Go today. On my way to work I caught a shiny hat Kirlia and then on the way home I found a shiny ribbon Butterfree.

Edit: My luck continues as I just caught a second shiny ribbon Butterfree.

Edit II: I caught a shiny shadow Seedot today.

Edit III: I caught a 2nd shiny hat Kirlia and also caught Suicune in DA.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Well, well, well. A very successful day today!
First off, I finished up with Mewtwo's rather lengthy hunt...
Mewtwo ended up a Lax nature, has since been minted Modest!

Then, just THREE runs into the new target...
Blue wires! Xurkitree is Quirky nature, will likely also be minted Modest once I get another mint!

EDIT: Well, I wasn't expecting another one today...
Raikou is a Lax nature, will likely mint Timid once I get the mint!

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I finally got a shiny spearow in Pokemon Go! Now if only sentret and patrat would show up, among many others.

Monox D. I-Fly

I finally got a shiny spearow in Pokemon Go! Now if only sentret and patrat would show up, among many others.
I got one Shiny Sentret long ago, months before I got my Shiny Fearow. Though if I recall correctly, I don't have Shiny Spearow in my Pokedex yet.