• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I've struggled at getting shinies lately in Pokemon Go, but I managed to get TWO fresh shinies I haven't had in the game before this past week: Whismur and Wingull. I got frustrated when I couldn't get a shiny wingull during the spotlight hour, but at least I got it the next day. ^_^

PokeAmi

Oh my gosh!
A Shiny female Togepi just hatched from one of my eggs from Pokémon GO
Last time I got a shiny from an egg was a Alolan Diglett Back in 2019

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I got a birthday Bidoof in Legends Arceus a couple of days ago.

The odds are increased with the Pokedex checklist being the only one I have that is complete (don't have shiny charm), but it's a still nice surprise.

GigiMaestro

Gotta Catch 'Em All
You know that the 3ds store is closing, right?
And that's why I'm recovering all the possible Pokémon games compatible with Bank and Poké Transporter and then bringing them to PokémonHome. Yesterday I finished X / Y, and while transferring the pokemon to Home i did not notice that I had hatched a Rotom Shiny and Gothita Shiny .
I was pleasantly surprised.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I almost lost a shiny chansey in Pokemon Go this past week when I passed into an area with spotty wi-fi, but luckily even though it showed running animation I still caught it.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It only took forever, but I finally got shiny Buneary in Pokemon Go. ^_^ I'm looking forward to hopefully getting shiny starly this weekend, it's about time its shiny was released.

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
I snagged a shiny Drampa today! A 6 IV one as well! This is only the second perfect Pokemon I've pulled from the wild, the other being a Gengar.

I was just doing my morning routine with coffee...logging in and visiting a few daily spawn sites for sweet apples and stuff...connected to try a few den raids just for kicks and a Drampa card popped up. I managed to get in (they fill in seconds) and holymoley it's a shiny! We took it down pretty quick and not taking any chances used a Master Ball...checked stats and perfect 6IV as well... Nice start to my day today!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I just ran into a shiny Petilil in my Shield game. Caught it in a moon ball—because, why not? And so now I plan to transfer it to PLA so I can have a shiny Hisuian Lilligant in a moon ball. Too bad I didn’t get this kind of luck on the mega millions.

TheMaster327

Hoothoot line complete!
First got a Noctowl, with the wrong nature. Fortunately the second SOS provided...
A second one. This time was Modest as I fixed the Sync error. Then the third chain gave...
The Hoot! Calm nature for this one. Up next, Ledyba line! (Sorry if I'm cluttering the thread with these, can only put a max of 5 media in each post)

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Started the Deoxys raid season in Pokémon Go yesterday. First raid caught a shiny speed form Deoxys. Was super excited to see it.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm glad I found out a few months ago that some evolved pokemon (but not 3rd stage) can be shiny in the wild in Pokemon Go. I would have lost out on the chance for a shiny houndour if I hadn't tapped on it. I almost lost it because I clicked run in my surprise.