1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Kreis, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Kreis

Kreis Still Dirrty

READ THE FIRST POST​

Seeing as many people here like posting news stories, I figured we’d create another news thread for, well, news. If you feel that there’s some news story that is worth discussing, go ahead and post it here. As the previous news thread, if you feel that there is a news story that deserves its own thread, please go find a moderator and ask for approval before you post it.

As for posting, you should include a link to your article, as well as include a quotation of a paragraph from the article. Don’t just link the source and have no content, try to spark some discussion and hook others into reading it, too.

Like any other thread, make sure to follow the forum rules. Posts that only contain a link and no quoted passage from the article will be deleted, and possibly infracted for spam. If I were you, I’d just stop being lazy and go ahead and quote that article. Seriously, it’s only one paragraph that you need quoted!

This topic will be able to be bumped, so don’t worry if no one has posted in over 30 days or more. Go ahead and post without the fear of receiving an infraction.

2. "Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome Well-Known Member

NOOOOOO! He brought a whole new meaning to memes... :'(. He was from the video "Trolololol"...

As much as I want to say "first", I'm not a retard, so...

http://www.webpronews.com/trololo-guy-eduard-khil-dies-after-last-months-stroke-2012-06

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  3. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie Wants to see your insides.

^ Awwwww... well, he was getting old, so I suppose I can't feel too upset over the loss.

(inb4RaisingArizonajokes)

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06/mother-drives-with-5-week-old-on-top-of-car/

I live in Arizona, and I'm disgusted with this girl. What, she couldn't find a babysitter before she and a friend smoked around the baby?

4. Kreis

Kreis Still Dirrty

I'm confused as to why you find the act of smoking marijuana more appalling than the mother leaving her child on top of her car.

5. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie Wants to see your insides.

Sorry, I didn't word that well. Her forgetting to leave her baby on top of her car is more appalling than marijuana (much as I am against the drug), I totally agree. Had she found a sitter, this wouldn't have happened. But nope, she was just being an idiot, and chances are good she's not getting the child back.

6. 7 tyranitars

7 tyranitars Well-Known Member

This. I mean putting the child on the car could have actualy killed the kid.

7. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

And this is why Arizona should allow abortions, people. So that babies don't grow up in states like this.

8. Geekachu

Geekachu _____________

What a horribly myopic and tactless statement.

9. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Ours is the Fury

I agree completely, but I'm inclined to believe she was joking.

Anyway, I'm glad the child wasn't hurt. Bad parenting is rampant no matter where you go, and this was no exception. I can see how you can forget things if you're high, but you're child? I'm hoping that the child gets placed with a family besides her or her mother's. Obviously that woman is vile and shouldn't be trusted with raising a child.

10. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

What would you prefer? A childhood where you're neglected by your constantly high mother with probably the same future as your mum, or no life at all?

11. "Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome Well-Known Member

12. Rayce

Rayce _

13. KickAsh

KickAsh halted development

Well, that's flawless logic. One mother did something horrible, therefore every mother in Arizona is horrible and so they should just give up and abort their babies.
    Huh.

14. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

Another reason for abortion to stay legal.
    Yes, this is why people. Stupid mothers.

15. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

That's quite the generaliation you're making. 'Most likely with the same future'.... Has A Child Called It and Mummy Dearest taught you nothing? They ended up pretty cool.

16. Adrexus

Adrexus Do it the bird way!

My general impression is that its usually the "stupid conservative" people who tend not to get abortions. Also saying that one person's stupidity is a reason why we should keep infant genocide legal is utterly disgusting and reprehensible.

Concerning the mother, however, I guess sometimes there is just no way to quantify or explain stupidity. I can offer you an elaborate theory detailing all the circumstances or factors that could have caused this incident. But, would I be right?

My best answer is this: This mother probably had no mother of her own (in the sense of being trained correctly) The cycle of negligent parenting is becoming more evident by the days.

17. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

People still call abortion infant genocide? How upsetting.
    More like fetus genocide.

See me in the abortion debate!
    I just can't see how people still find abortion unnecessary after hearing about all these terrible mothers who should have had an abortion because they obviously can't be responsible enough to take care of a child.

18. Geekachu

Geekachu _____________

Ah, okay. I guess I mustn't be in tune with these hip Family Guy senses of humour.

Well, as you originally put it, whether this be through unfortunate choice of words or not, was "And this is why Arizona should allow abortions, people. So that babies don't grow up in states like this.", which is a horribly sweeping statement that defines a whole state down to the actions of one of its moronic inhabitants. Furthermore, abortion is a really contentious topic and the way you brought it up showed as little regard for that child's life as that pot-smoking mother did.

Abortion isn't even the only option anyway, that child could have been adopted and raised by a loving family, so to jump immediately to the termination notion just made your original statement that much more myopic.

I concede that this may have been down to poor choice of words on your part or a very poor joke, but this in any case isn't suitable posting for a news thread.

I apologise for digressing off the news topic, so read about the transit of Venus, which is due to occur tonight, and won't reoccur for another 105 years.

Here's another site, go crazy.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  19. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

It's a shame that I won't haver the opportunity to witness it. I'm still hoping to be able to experience a few astronomical events in my lifetime that aren't super moons (though those aren't exactly common either).

20. Malanu

Malanu Est sularus oth mith

Yeah but this terrible mother MAY have wanted to be a parent.