• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Kreis

Still Dirrty
READ THE FIRST POST​

Seeing as many people here like posting news stories, I figured we’d create another news thread for, well, news. If you feel that there’s some news story that is worth discussing, go ahead and post it here. As the previous news thread, if you feel that there is a news story that deserves its own thread, please go find a moderator and ask for approval before you post it.

As for posting, you should include a link to your article, as well as include a quotation of a paragraph from the article. Don’t just link the source and have no content, try to spark some discussion and hook others into reading it, too.

Like any other thread, make sure to follow the forum rules. Posts that only contain a link and no quoted passage from the article will be deleted, and possibly infracted for spam. If I were you, I’d just stop being lazy and go ahead and quote that article. Seriously, it’s only one paragraph that you need quoted!

This topic will be able to be bumped, so don’t worry if no one has posted in over 30 days or more. Go ahead and post without the fear of receiving an infraction.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ Awwwww... well, he was getting old, so I suppose I can't feel too upset over the loss.

(inb4RaisingArizonajokes)

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06/mother-drives-with-5-week-old-on-top-of-car/

A Phoenix, Ariz., woman put her 5-week-old baby on top of her car in his car seat and drove away, apparently forgetting he was there, not even noticing when the seat fell off the car and landed in an intersection, police said.

...The baby’s mother, 19-year-old Catalina Clouser, who allegedly had been smoking marijuana, was arrested and charged with aggravated driving under the influence and child abuse, police said.

I live in Arizona, and I'm disgusted with this girl. What, she couldn't find a babysitter before she and a friend smoked around the baby?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I'm confused as to why you find the act of smoking marijuana more appalling than the mother leaving her child on top of her car.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm confused as to why you find the act of smoking marijuana more appalling than the mother leaving her child on top of her car.

Sorry, I didn't word that well. Her forgetting to leave her baby on top of her car is more appalling than marijuana (much as I am against the drug), I totally agree. Had she found a sitter, this wouldn't have happened. But nope, she was just being an idiot, and chances are good she's not getting the child back.

7 tyranitars

This. I mean putting the child on the car could have actualy killed the kid.

Flame Mistress

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
What a horribly myopic and tactless statement.

I agree completely, but I'm inclined to believe she was joking.

Anyway, I'm glad the child wasn't hurt. Bad parenting is rampant no matter where you go, and this was no exception. I can see how you can forget things if you're high, but you're child? I'm hoping that the child gets placed with a family besides her or her mother's. Obviously that woman is vile and shouldn't be trusted with raising a child.

KickAsh

halted development
And this is why Arizona should allow abortions, people. So that babies don't grow up in states like this.
Well, that's flawless logic. One mother did something horrible, therefore every mother in Arizona is horrible and so they should just give up and abort their babies.
Huh.

Zibdas

not bad
What would you prefer? A childhood where you're neglected by your constantly high mother with probably the same future as your mum, or no life at all?

That's quite the generaliation you're making. 'Most likely with the same future'.... Has A Child Called It and Mummy Dearest taught you nothing? They ended up pretty cool.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Another reason for abortion to stay legal.
Yes, this is why people. Stupid mothers.

My general impression is that its usually the "stupid conservative" people who tend not to get abortions. Also saying that one person's stupidity is a reason why we should keep infant genocide legal is utterly disgusting and reprehensible.

Concerning the mother, however, I guess sometimes there is just no way to quantify or explain stupidity. I can offer you an elaborate theory detailing all the circumstances or factors that could have caused this incident. But, would I be right?

My best answer is this: This mother probably had no mother of her own (in the sense of being trained correctly) The cycle of negligent parenting is becoming more evident by the days.

People still call abortion infant genocide? How upsetting.
More like fetus genocide.

See me in the abortion debate!
I just can't see how people still find abortion unnecessary after hearing about all these terrible mothers who should have had an abortion because they obviously can't be responsible enough to take care of a child.

Geekachu

Ah, okay. I guess I mustn't be in tune with these hip Family Guy senses of humour.

What would you prefer? A childhood where you're neglected by your constantly high mother with probably the same future as your mum, or no life at all?

Well, as you originally put it, whether this be through unfortunate choice of words or not, was "And this is why Arizona should allow abortions, people. So that babies don't grow up in states like this.", which is a horribly sweeping statement that defines a whole state down to the actions of one of its moronic inhabitants. Furthermore, abortion is a really contentious topic and the way you brought it up showed as little regard for that child's life as that pot-smoking mother did.

Abortion isn't even the only option anyway, that child could have been adopted and raised by a loving family, so to jump immediately to the termination notion just made your original statement that much more myopic.

I concede that this may have been down to poor choice of words on your part or a very poor joke, but this in any case isn't suitable posting for a news thread.

I apologise for digressing off the news topic, so read about the transit of Venus, which is due to occur tonight, and won't reoccur for another 105 years.

Planet Venus is set to move across the face of the Sun as viewed from Earth.

The more than six-and-a-half-hour transit, which starts just after 22:00 GMT (23:00 BST) on Tuesday is a very rare astronomical phenomenon that will not be witnessed again until 2117.

Here's another site, go crazy.

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
People still call abortion infant genocide? How upsetting.
More like fetus genocide.

See me in the abortion debate!
I just can't see how people still find abortion unnecessary after hearing about all these terrible mothers who should have had an abortion because they obviously can't be responsible enough to take care of a child.
Yeah but this terrible mother MAY have wanted to be a parent.