• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I apologise for digressing off the news topic, so read about the transit of Venus, which is due to occur tonight, and won't reoccur for another 105 years.

Watching the live video, but it's bothering me. I just want to see images (and possibly video, if any), not seeing the same images over and over (they should be updating right now) and people talking about it with microphones that are having issues (or the people just have voices that are bothering me, either of the two).

Video feed in question

Geekachu

Damn I missed the supermoon a month ago too. I'm too bad at this.

Watching the live video, but it's bothering me. I just want to see images (and possibly video, if any), not seeing the same images over and over (they should be updating right now) and people talking about it with microphones that are having issues (or the people just have voices that are bothering me, either of the two).

Video feed in question

Here's a nice article about the transit in which you can find a high-definition video from NASA of the event. In all honesty, and despite the magnitude of the transit, I couldn't be arsed to lug myself out of bed really early in the morning to watch it. I don't even think the weather was right in my area for viewing. I know that watching a playback of the event on the internet isn't the same thing as watching the transit first-hand, but it's still interesting nonetheless (and allows us to consider our sheer insignificance compared to the sun, too).

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Damn I missed the supermoon a month ago too. I'm too bad at this.

Forgot about the supermoon... eh.

Here's a nice article about the transit in which you can find a high-definition video from NASA of the event.

Oh God in Heaven, I thank Thee for allowing the progression of science and for us to live in this time of day and age.

The video is GORGEOUS. I was more interested in our Sun than Venus' transition, I never did get to see videos of it in motion like that with our current technology. The solar flares are so beautiful... *day-dreams*

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Nik Wallenda completes tightrope walk across Niagara Falls

Wallenda made the walk from the U.S. side of the falls to the Canadian side, a journey of 1,800 feet (550 meters) over treacherous waters and rocks, in a little more than 25 minutes.

Yeah, small article, but sure there will be more to tell tomorrow. Just putting it here since it is a bit historic, and it was neat to watch, even if I was thinking, "Gee, that guy's screwed if he falls."

Yeah, it was on live TV in case no one was aware of it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Spookz

Lumos
Rodney King has been found dead:

Rodney King, the African American at the centre of the Los Angeles riots 20 years ago, has been found dead aged 47.

His fiancee found his body at the bottom of a swimming pool, but there was no sign of foul play.

King was a victim of police brutality in 1991, but the officers involved were acquitted the following year.

And if anyone remembers all the stage collapses from last Summer, another one has occured:

One person has died in a stage collapse before a Radiohead concert in the Canadian city of Toronto.

Three others were injured, one seriously, in the incident at Downsview Park, medical officials said.

The collapse happened an hour before the gates were due to open for the concert, with queues already beginning to form outside.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Update on the Texan father.

A grand jury has declined to bring charges against a Texas father who said he beat to death a man who was attempting to sexually assault his 5-year-old daughter, officials said on Tuesday.

The father, whose name has not been released because he has not been charged with a crime, told police he heard his daughter's screams and ran to a secluded area where he found her under attack by Jesus Flores, 47, who worked for the family.

Vernikova

Champion
Who the hell uses Youtube for their music? Really, the only time someone should download music from Youtube is when it's unavailable anywhere else.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Remember the bus monitor who was bullied by middle school kids? Well they "apparently" apologized.

The New York school bus monitor who was bullied relentlessly and driven to tears by four middle school students is getting apologies from some of the boys.

“I am so sorry for the way I treated you,” one of the students named Josh said in statement. “When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I will never treat anyone this way again.”

Another student, Wesley, said he feels “really bad” about the incident.

A father of a third student said, “I would like it if he could do some work for you or help you in some way,” in a statement to police. “I am embarrassed, angry and sad about the awful way he treated you.”

I don't believe these little bastards are truly sorry for what they did. I think they were told to say this, or at least planned out what to say so they can at least "prove" they had an inkling of regret. I hope they get what's coming to them.

Remember the bus monitor who was bullied by middle school kids? Well they "apparently" apologized. I don't believe these little bastards are truly sorry for what they did. I think they were told to say this, or at least planned out what to say so they can at least "prove" they had an inkling of regret. I hope they get what's coming to them.

My grandparents told me about this. Wow. There are kids that are like that on my bus (we were near an immigrant bus and they shouted out the window, "We're on a REAL bus!"). Which is why I stopped riding it. It breaks my heart to see retards hurt old women's feelings. Well, we'll be making fun of them in the long run anyways, who'd hire someone like that? I hope this lady recovers. :/

Spookz

Lumos
I don't think this will come as a huge shock to anyone but:

Former US college football coach Jerry Sandusky has been found guilty of 45 out of 48 counts of child sex abuse.

Sandusky, 68, denied 48 counts of abusing 10 boys over 15 years. He is expected to appeal but could spend the rest of his life in prison.

The jury reached its verdict at the end of its second day of deliberations.

His arrest in November caused a scandal at Penn State University, Pennsylvania, that saw the president and legendary football coach Joe Paterno both fired.

The jury found the former coach not guilty of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with Victim 2 and indecent assault of Victims 5 and 6.

After the verdict, Sandusky's bail was revoked and he was taken into custody in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.

RIM’s Plunge Adds Pressure To ‘Sell, Break Up Or Die’

Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) plunged 19 percent, the biggest decline in more than a year, after posting a loss and delaying the next BlackBerry operating system, increasing pressure on the company to find an acquirer.

RIM reported a first-quarter loss yesterday of 37 cents a share, excluding some items, more than five times bigger than what analysts had predicted. Sales tumbled 43 percent to $2.8 billion, missing a prediction of $3.05 billion, and the company said it would cut 5,000 jobs.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...t-cuts-jobs-delays-blackberry-10-release.html

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
More ACTA news:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technolog...ropean-parliament-votes-against?newsfeed=true

The European Parliament has overwhelmingly defeated the international Acta anti-piracy agreement, delighting its opponents and plunging its supporters into gloom.

The vote is the first time that the parliament has used its powers under the Lisbon Treaty to reject an international trade agreement.

However, other countries such as the US and Japan are expected to continue with implementing it.

Acta could still be revived if the European Commission, the executive arm of the EU, considers that it needs to be implemented and wins a court decision over it.