• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Profesco

gone gently
CERN Scientists think they've found the Higgs Boson

The articles seems to switch between "we've found something like it" and "we've definitely found it most definitely", but regardless, pretty important news for science.

Ah, I'm so glad to see that here. I was so excited when I read about it, but there isn't a soul in my social circle that would know or care in the slightest. We owe a polite smattering of applause to those scientists among us who dedicate their lives to peeling back the layers of mystery enveloping our universe. ^_^

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

CNN) -- At least 14 people were killed and 50 wounded when a gunman opened fire during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, Police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.
The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect has not immediately been released.

This is just sick. Why would this guy do something so awful? :(

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

JD

charizardfan

Forgive me for being skeptical but that article seems a bit fake
Well, it certainly isn't. It's a tragedy, and my condolences go out to everyone hurt and the families of those who were killed. It's really terrible that one can't even go to the movies without having to worry about that.

Also, and this is just a suggestion, but doesn't something like this deserve it's own thread? It doesn't really have a lot to do with the topic.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

This is just sick. Why would this guy do something so awful? :(

The man must've been mentally ill or something. They said it's no terrorist attack, so the guy must've just snapped and decided to go kill people or something. There's just really sick people out there.

That is really awful. I try to see the bright side in knowing the world still has good people in it, but then these kinds of stories pop up. Still, at least it mentioned people were trying to shield their family members from the bullets, so that helps restore the faith a little, but the real story overshadows it.

AxelWolf

Arcanine lover!
Well, I have friends that live in the area of the shooting and they said the 6 year old who was shot died of their injuries from the news reports. I also think that this might start having armed police/security officers in the theaters from now on as well as having most theaters might stop doing midnight showings because it is dark outside, there is hardly anyone around since it is midnight thus anyone can easily sneak through the emergency doors. If they do not stop the midnight showings, more than likely they will have armed police and security roam around the outside of the theater, including the back where most of the emergecy exits are.

*IZ*

Well, I have friends that live in the area of the shooting and they said the 6 year old who was shot died of their injuries from the news reports. I also think that this might start having armed police/security officers in the theaters from now on as well as having most theaters might stop doing midnight showings because it is dark outside, there is hardly anyone around since it is midnight thus anyone can easily sneak through the emergency doors. If they do not stop the midnight showings, more than likely they will have armed police and security roam around the outside of the theater, including the back where most of the emergecy exits are.
They'll probably have security, so now it will be impossible for people to sneek into other movies. But I prefer security over liberty. They'll be more strict for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll end up having to go through metal detectors.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
For anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet, due to the shootings in Colorado, Warner Bros. is considering canceling screenings for The Dark Knight Rises:

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/artic...ncellation-dark-knight-rises-screenings-48571

I figured here would be the best place to put this, since it relates to the movie.

If Warner Bros was smart they wouldn't cancel the screening for The Dark Knight Rise, over something that had nothing to with them.

Yes the shooting was poor timing but why should people who want to see it suffer because some person just decided to shoot people at the screening.

I think giving some money to help out the families of the victims with the hospital/funeral costs would be a bit more practical.

This, although Warner Bros are not morally obligated to do so.

Last edited: