• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

I wonder if anyone is going to realize the irony in #PrayForParis considering the attack was likely carried out by people doing it in the name of God.

My condolences to France. I hope they catch everyone responsible.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I wonder if anyone is going to realize the irony in #PrayForParis considering the attack was likely carried out by people doing it in the name of God.

They did it in the name of their god, Allah, not the God that the hashtag is referring to (as I'm sure you know)

Either way, with that downed plane and the recent attack, ISIS is getting bolder and that's both infuriating and concerning.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I just find it a little sad how the word 'terrorist' is now synonymous with Muslim/Islam.
No one cares about the fact that there are extremists in every religion.

Condolences for the people who lost someone over this.

If you think ISIS is carrying this out for the sake of religion, then sorry to say but you really shouldn't talk about this.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
To update on the number of attackers in the recent Black Friday Paris attacks, there were about seven or eight attackers and all were believed to have died.

First of all, I pray for all of those who have been affected by this horrific event. This should not happen. People should not be dying like this because of different ideologies. This is senseless violence and we need to figure out a way to stop it. People of Paris, Europe, and everywhere where terrorism has hit hard, please stay strong.

I just find it a little sad how the word 'terrorist' is now synonymous with Muslim/Islam.
No one cares about the fact that there are extremists in every religion.

Condolences for the people who lost someone over this.

If you think ISIS is carrying this out for the sake of religion, then sorry to say but you really shouldn't talk about this.

I agree with the part there are extremist everywhere, but I believe some groups are definitely more toxic than others. Also, I'm pretty sure those 7 or 8 attackers were probably doing it for the sake of religion since they were willing to die to pull this attack.

It's horrible what happened in Paris. How can you just kill so much people?

The extremist groups are saying that's what muslims in their country goes through every day. But who kills the most people there, commits terrorist attacks there? Right, those very same organsations themselves.

I agree with the part there are extremist everywhere, but I believe some groups are definitely more toxic than others. Also, I'm pretty sure those 7 or 8 attackers were probably doing it for the sake of religion since they were willing to die to pull this attack.

Maybe the attackers did it in name of their religion, because they're brainwashed peons. They're disposable nobodies in the eyes of their organisation, the true masterminds are in the top, not coming out cause they don't want to risk getting killed.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil

Think of it this way. The people carrying out these attacks are like pawns. You don't see the actual people who're organizing these bs attacks carrying these out in the cities. And the one shouting 'in the name of God', classic way to promote Islamophobia.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm not the biggest Geraldo Rivera fan, but I genuinely felt bad for him when it was revealed that his daughter was in the stadium during the attacks.

Some of the story here

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
There's so much strife around the world today. Terrorist attacks in Paris, Beirnut and Baghdad, and earthquakes in Kyushi and Mexico. Let us remember in these difficult times that not all muslims are terrorists and these terrorists today are only extremists, and that we can help anyone around us who have been affected in the smallest of ways.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
ISIS takes responsibility

I've seen people over the internet pinning this on the migrants who've entered the city.. Do they not get the fact that the migrants are here because this is what's been happening in their country? To the point where they had to abandon their lives there. Where there's a war going on to salvage whatever's left.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I guess people are so fearful, all reason falls out the window and they are very quick to point fingers. Which is destructive in its own right, because that is EXACTLY what an Extremist would want...

When will the insanity end? Things are getting worse and worse...

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I hope, in light of the events in Paris, that in the future;

- The powers of the world - the US, Russia, Britain etc. put aside their differences and unite together in stopping the anarchic regime which threatens all of humanity
- The government of France revoke all of their anti-muslim policies - such as bans on burkas and pork in all school meals - so that muslims in France are not alienated or cast out in French society. We must remember muslims are not terrorists - extremists are. The events of last night, added to these French policies will, if anything, encourage greater radical extremism for those who are on the receiving end

Just small things really but in times of great fear and war-mongering I would just like for everyone to remain sane and remember we are all human.

phanpycross

God-king
I guess people are so fearful, all reason falls out the window and they are very quick to point fingers. Which is destructive in its own right, because that is EXACTLY what an Extremist would want...

When will the insanity end? Things are getting worse and worse...

Sadly, this kind of stuff will continue to happen for as long as the human species is around. We were born with desire, and even if all the world's problems were fixed tomorrow, we would still long for more. Our species is self-destructive by nature, Im afraid.

All we can do is capture the ones responsable, help the families who's loved ones were lost, and promise ourselves to never fall to the level of the people who did this horrific act.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
It's really looking like France is considering going to war with ISIS, please don't because that's exactly what they want you to do. WWIII could end up becoming a thing. :/

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
It's really looking like France is considering going to war with ISIS, please don't because that's exactly what they want you to do. WWIII could end up becoming a thing. :/

WWIII would require actual countries going against each other. ISIS is not a country. It's a terrorist group, and a group that needs to be dealt with a unified opposition. Which isn't likely at all.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
I watched the news yesterday night. It made me sick. I really hate terrorists killed people for no reason.
I know Muslims had nothing to do with this. It was the terrorists did that. Whatever what terrorists' thinking are monster.
I swear they are not human being but only monster is what they are.

My thought of prayer for people in France needs to stay strong and comfort with their families and friends.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The recent Paris attacks were terrifying and attention grabbing, too, like the Charlie Hebdo attacks earlier this year. The Parisians must be upset about two big terrorist attacks in one year, so may our prayers go to them.