• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Senate votes 97-to-1 to override 9/11 bill veto.

...on Wednesday, the Senate voted 97-1 to override Obama’s veto of the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act. The House swiftly followed with an override vote of 348-77.

The override was the first time Congress has successfully challenged the president on a piece of legislation, despite Obama’s 12 other vetoes, including 10 when Republicans were the majority of both houses. In most instances, Congress didn’t even attempt an override.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The Senate is out to do something very dangerous, and stupid. But mostly dangerous.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
The more insulting thing here is the 97-1.

What the f*** are these people on?

Bananarama

The light is coming
I was very disappointed to hear about this vote today, and how it's the first time an Obama veto has been overridden. One again, blind religious/racial bigotry claims a victory :/

Remix2

Wait how is the senates overridden a veto on a bill that allow people to Saudi Arabia for 9/11 a bad thing?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Wait how is the senates overridden a veto on a bill that allow people to Saudi Arabia for 9/11 a bad thing?

Because it opens up the door for other counties to file lawsuits against the US for things we've done in the past.

If we can sue Saudi Arabia over 9/11, other countries can/will follow up. It's a bad idea.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
• It hurts our relationship with Saudi

• It requires we have solid evidence Saudi Arabia was directly involved with 9/11 (we don't)

• Good luck finding a way to get them to comply within legal reasons lol.

Remix2

• It hurts our relationship with Saudi

• It requires we have solid evidence Saudi Arabia was directly involved with 9/11 (we don't)

• Good luck finding a way to get them to comply within legal reasons lol.

Honestly we shouldn't be allies with them in the first place because they're basically a Isis that made it.

I mean they behead people for sorcery and said that all atheists are terrorists.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Prayers go out to everyone in Florida trying to dodge Matthew. Stay strong guys.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What did I read on the news today? Republican majority pulling power away from the independent ethical commity that's supposed to combat corruption in congress?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/house-republicans-gut-their-own-oversight-233111

YAY!!! Republicans are at it again! Wasn't Trump's motto that he'd change the status quo in Washington? Well, apparently, that means that his party's first act of business in the new year is to shut down the bureau that's supposed to keep corruption away from congress. But that doesn't mean anything changes really, since Washington was already corrupt, now it will just be moreso.. and easier for the ones being corrupt (aka the GOP).

AKA: First act of business: "In order to be as corrupt as we please, we don't want some bureau looking over our shoulders. Lets vote!"

It's sickening that this is the first act of business in the new year. GOP.

Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

My thoughts go out to the good people affected by the terrorist attack in London today. One person was stabbed with a kitchen knife and several others were run over by a vehicle. Police shot the assailant. Click on this link if you wish to stay updated:

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-39355505

My thoughts go out to the good people affected by the terrorist attack in London today. One person was stabbed with a kitchen knife and several others were run over by a vehicle. Police shot the assailant. Click on this link if you wish to stay updated:

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-39355505

My friend told me about the attacks via text today since I wasn't feeling well so I couldn't see her in school. Her sister and a French exchange student were supposed to go to London on a trip tomorrow, but now they have to go to Cambridge instead because of the danger. I feel extremely awful about the attacks, and wish the families of the people who died and got injured good luck.