1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Kreis, Jun 4, 2012.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Hee hee...

It's a good thing Mike Pence sent his thoughts and prayers. We can do so much with these powerful, intangible solutions.

2. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

A reminder to you all: THOUSANDS OF PUERTO RICANS STILL DON'T HAVE POWER. They've resorted to repairing the power lines themselves, even if they lack the know-how.

Furthermore, a recent Harvard study has found the death toll in Puerto Rico since Hurricane Maria to be 4,645.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  3. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded Ask me anything

I take it everyone's heard of the newspaper shooting in Maryland?

2018 can't be this bad.. Right?..

4. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

Yep, I heard about it too. Just... wow. And you know what's terrifying? I don't even feel fazed by these kinds of tragedies anymore, as I've gotten so used to hearing such news come up. Time for more "thoughts and prayers", I guess.

The shooter had a grudge against that newspaper. He's now in custody and was identified as a 38-year-old while male named Jarrod W. Ramos

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-gazette-shooting-20180628-story.html

5. Mr. Reloaded

6. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

I just hate it took so long for any real serious charges to pop up.

The "Weinstein effect" has put so many people in their place and out of the industry, but the main culprit is just now being seriously dealt with.

It's dumb.

7. Nodqfan

Nodqfan Member

8. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie Together with the Wind

Of course, stuff like the #metoo movement has gotten so out of hand that false allegations are running rampant on top of actual sexual misconduct to the point where I can't take these things seriously anymore without legit physical evidence, but Hollywood's been losing its shit and eating itself alive and taking down its seemingly-invincible giants with it, so whatever. Just going to sit back and watch it all come tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

9. Kutie Pie

Asia Argento Paid Off Sexual Assault Accuser

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING
    IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

10. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer

Stefan Karl Stefansson, a.k.a. Lazy Town's Robbie Rotten, has died aged 43. :(

11. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

RIP one of the best meme legends ever. I remember he sang We Are Number One back when it was a meme.

12. Mr. Reloaded

F***!

At least the money people managed to raise around the time of the meme gave him at least a year more.

That hurts.

13. Kutie Pie

I'm honestly amazed he lived longer than expected, but it's really commendable that he stayed positive to the end, including celebrating with his fans and returning their kindness with a little fun. It sucks the good have to die young. Luckily, he's been immortalized by the Internet, so we'll never forget him.

14. Mr. Reloaded

15. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Hee hee...

16. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

If you go back and pause frame at the right moment, you can actually see a red dot being pointed at the competitor on the right side. Super scary stuff.

Do we know if the shooter was a player or completely unrelated?

17. Mr. Reloaded

He was.

He lost $5000

UPDATE: So from what's being told now, he didn't lose a match and shoot in a fit of rage, he had the gun from the start and had specific targets in mind. All of which were apparently hit.

The two people who actually beat him are alive and unharmed.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  18. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer