• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Betty White didn't make it to 100.

Damn dude.
Only a couple of weeks too. And it seems to have come out of nowhere as a couple days ago she looked very healthy and said she was looking forward to turning a century year old. Now there are no Golden Girls left....

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I found out about Betty White's death when we were about to bury my grandfather.

I also had to do a double take because of all the "death hoaxes" on Betty White.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well Bob Saget is now dead. I know that they say death comes in three and I was wondering which major actor/comedian would be next after Betty White and Sidney Poitier.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So Kayne West is now claiming Billie Eilish dissed Travis Scott and she doesn’t seem to want to apologize like Kayne is demanding. Apparently a concert goer of hers was having breathing problems during a concert and she stopped and said that she stops to make sure any concert goer having trouble breathing is okay before resuming the performance. I’m with her on that one. If you are a performer, you should make sure anyone you notice having a medical emergency is okay and stop the performance because one tragic incident can and/or will ruin your career and reputation or even event. You don’t want to be known as the artist/band where more than one person died at your concert and you continued the performance even though you knew a situation was happening.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You know what? I'm just gonna say it: Amber Heard is a terrible actress.

Not only is the evidence her attorney is using to suggest Johnny Depp abused her terribly tampered (muffled audio with Depp's voice either hardly coherent or not present at all), Heard trying to muster tears during in the court room is absolutely tragic. In fact, it is quite possible the only reason Heard is trying to appear emotional for the first time since the case began is because Depp legitimately cried during the playback of prosecutor's evidence in which Heard confesses to abusing Depp, while claiming she didn't hurt him that bad, calling him a "big f***ing baby" for being upset by it.

The case is current in progress now, in case anyone is interested.

EDIT: The defense is outright cruel for trying to bring Depp's daughter into it.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
10 people dead, 3 wounded in Buffalo, NY in a racially motivated mass shooting at a grocery store in a predominantly Black neighborhood. The shooter was wearing full tactical gear including body armor and livestreamed the shooting to Twitch. A security officer fired multiple times at the shooter, apparently hitting him but failing to stop him thanks to the body armor he was wearing. He surrendered to police and was taken in peacefully (of course...).

What does FOX news choose to focus on? Why, the important issues of course; are we being too loose with the definition of a hate crime? After all, is targeting Black people, spouting racial epithets on a livestream while opening fire on them really a hate crime? Can we somehow find a way to blame the Black community for this tragedy inflicted upon them?

FOX news are literal human vultures and anyone who takes them even remotely seriously needs to first get their blood lead levels tested and second exile themselves from general society.

My thoughts go out to the victims and families shattered by this senseless massacre. I hope this racist cretin enjoys life in prison, and I hope his guards and fellow inmates take the opportunity to give him some physical help re-examining his ****ed up belief system. Be on the lookout for copycat shooters, sadly it's always a concern any time a racially motivated attack like this takes place.

Ascended Dialga

Three mass shootings in one weekend: one at a supermarket in Buffalo, NY on Saturday that killed 10 and injured 4; one today at a church in Laguna Woods, CA that killed 1 and injured 5; and another today at a flea market in Houston, TX that killed 2 and injured 3.

Sham

The Guardian of War
And this is exactly why it’s weird energy when you tell an Asian/Hispanic/Black or anybody else who are non white that they’re pulling the “POC card” or “making everything about race” which has even been said on here, because you still have stuff like this going on. How is it possible saying “not everything is not about race like stuff like this isn’t happening?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It should be noted the Buffalo shooting was a white supremacist inspired by Replacement Theory, which is a growing belief in America, with 1/3rd of Americans believing it now.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Amber Heard is an obvious narcissistic abuser that loves to play the victim to gain sympathy from others. I am a survivor of being abused by a person just like her and I could see through a lot of her lies. If you notice real closely, every time anyone brought up any questions about things she had done to Johnny, she tried to make it seem like she was the actual victim, shifted blame on someone else and would try to change the subject by refusing to elaborate when asked.

bobjr

Staff member
It should be noted that Johnny Depp was also abusive to her, making it just a terrible relationship overall, and it's dumb this trial got more attention than actual news.

It's what's bad about the outside context, the court ruled in favor of her that he was lying about his abuse, but she acted with malice in wanting to defame him. So basically calling someone out for a true bad thing they did can be seen as much riskier to do moving forward.

Case in point hundreds of domestic violence survivors have already retracted victim statements & pulled out from court cases as a result of watching the trial, and there were very specific reasons the people behind this trial did the PR they did.

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
The issue with this entire situation is if this case was reversed nobody would be questioning and calling Johnny Depp “victimized”. It would of been “well there is no perfect victim”.

In my personal opinion, the media doesn’t like the idea of Amber having any accountability because it makes “other victims not want to speak out” and that’s a fallacy.
This woman lied numerous of times that she never attacked this man and wanted him to look like a complete abuser only to admit she put hands on him as well and the evidence is really more damning on her side than his.

So no, she’s not a complete victim in this and her public acknowledgment both in the court room and recording(s) should be examined because if the genders were switched nobody would bat an eyelash at this.

People wanted Amber to be a complete victim because it fits an agenda. Yes believe all women BUT if the resources and evidence are going towards another direct then no you shouldn’t mindlessly believe somebody just because it suites an agenda and let somebody else take the downfall for it.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
The problem was this was not an abuse trial at all, it was a defamation trial, so you have to go by those standards, and while stuff did come out about her it doesn’t make his already proven abuse false. Even if she was also an abuser it doesn’t make her original article and claims wrong, it just makes it harder now to call out abuse without legal action against them.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It should be noted that Johnny Depp was also abusive to her, making it just a terrible relationship overall, and it's dumb this trial got more attention than actual news.

It's what's bad about the outside context, the court ruled in favor of her that he was lying about his abuse, but she acted with malice in wanting to defame him. So basically calling someone out for a true bad thing they did can be seen as much riskier to do moving forward.

Case in point hundreds of domestic violence survivors have already retracted victim statements & pulled out from court cases as a result of watching the trial, and there were very specific reasons the people behind this trial did the PR they did.
I agree that Johnny wasn’t completely innocent himself but Amber to me was even more guilty because she tried to ruin his reputation by making stuff up and acting like she did nothing wrong ever. I could tell she was also abusive and as a victim of verbal and emotional abuse perpetrated by a female, I recognized the signs that she was not as innocent as she tried to make people believe and noticed the patterns of how she would try to detract from answering anything she didn’t like hearing and getting defensive and acting all emotional to avoid those questions.

bobjr

Staff member
The both made stuff up in the trial, it’s why the court determined Depp lied about stuff as well, mostly about his abuse. His side played a much better PR game though.

There’s a very good reason this trial was pushed where it was, why it got the lawyers it did, and why right wing groups astroturfed this like they did.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And another shooting, but this time at a freaking funeral:

And Ohio has become a ****-hole:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...mergency-legislation-texas-biden-live-updates

Ohio is poised to allow teachers and other school employees to forgo hundreds of hours of training normally needed to carry a gun at work under a bill awaiting the governor’s signature.

House Bill 99 will streamline the process for school employees to carry weapons on campus, and has been welcomed by Republican governor Mike DeWine. “My office worked with the general assembly to remove hundreds of hours of curriculum irrelevant to school safety and to ensure training requirements were specific to a school environment and contained significant scenario-based training,” he said in a statement.

The bill, which passed the Senate Wednesday, has raised eyebrows given its passage following a wave of mass shootings, including at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas.

The Associated Press reported that it’s opposed by teachers unions, gun control advocates and law enforcement groups, and supported by some police departments and school districts. Republicans who backed the law see it as a work around for a recent court ruling that said school employees must undergo a lengthy training process before coming to work armed.

Peter Quill

star-lord
There’s a very good reason this trial was pushed where it was, why it got the lawyers it did, and why right wing groups astroturfed this like they did.

The role of social media to promote this trial was extremely concerning imo. Tik Tok especially. I’ve had zero interest in this trial and yet I just cannot escape it. Like why am I getting pushed this trial every 5 videos when I don’t read the articles or really engage with it at all?

I mean really I just feel like this is a perfect example of the internet being used to promote further polarization. Quite frustrating and bizarre to watch from the outside looking in.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Yu-Gi-Oh Creator passes away
Kazuki Takahashi whose real name was Kazumasa passed away on 6th July at the age of 60 years old. His body was found dead floating at a lake in Nago City, Okinawa Prefecture.

RIP to this legend.