• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official News Thread.

SlipKnoT

Plane crashes into suburban Buffalo-area home; 49 killed

CNN said:
(CNN) -- A Continental Airlines plane crashed into a home near Buffalo, New York, late Thursday, killing 44 passengers and four crew members on board, according to New York State police.

Authorities said one person in the home was also killed. Two people in the home suffered minor injuries and were taken to a local hospital, authorities said.

Continental Connection Flight 3407, operated by Colgan Air, was en route from Newark, New Jersey, when it went down, said Bill Peat with New York State Emergency Management in Albany. The crash occurred about seven miles from Buffalo Niagara International Airport.

Dave Bissonette, the town's natural disaster services coordinator, said it was "clearly a direct hit."

CNN has listened to a tape of communications between air traffic control and the flight crew. The first officer had no sign of stress in her voice initially. The plane was cleared for approach. About two minutes later, the air traffic controller came back, with stress in his voice. Radar contact was lost.

The question went out: Can other planes see anything? No one responds. The controller says they might have a plane down. The pilot's last comment was "Colgan Flight 3407." There were no sounds of distress.

The plane crashed about 10:20 p.m., in Clarence Center, New York. Authorities said the plane went down near a local fire hall, so firefighters were quick to respond to the accident scene.

Area resident Keith Burtis said he was driving to the store about a mile from the crash site when he heard the plane go down.

"It was a high-pitched sound," Burtis said. "It felt like a mini-earthquake."

Shortly after the crash, Burtis said he saw a steady stream of fire trucks rush by him as smoke billowed into the sky. Other witnesses told CNN they saw the plane nose-dive toward the ground.

According to the Buffalo News newspaper, one of the crash victims, Beverly Eckert, was the widow of 9/11 terror attack victim Sean Rooney, a Buffalo native. Eckert was traveling to Buffalo for a weekend celebration of what would have been her husband's 58th birthday.

She also had planned to take part in presentation of a scholarship award at Canisius High School that she established in honor of her late husband, the newspaper reported.

Her sister, Sue Bourque, said that while the family had not yet received official confirmation of her sister's fate, the reality was settling in. "We know she was on that plane," Bourque told the newspaper, "and now she's with him."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/13/plane.crash.new.york/index.html

Last edited:

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
The crash is terrible news =/

I listened to the air traffic control tapes and it was very sad to hear. The controllers and other pilots did all they could but they were helpless. =(

S31R31

The 90's
Father at 13

Alfie Patten becomes a father at 13 after one night of unprotected sex

Alfie Patten, 13, and his girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, 15, decided to keep Maisie who was conceived after one night of unprotected sex.
Alfie, who is just 4ft tall, hasn't yet hit puberty and was 12 when the baby was conceived, said: "When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble. We wanted to have the baby but were worried about how people would react.
"I didn't know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good though, and care for it," he told The Sun newspaper.

His daughter Maise Roxanne was born four days ago and weighed 7lb 3oz. The couple are from in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

Chantelle, the baby's mother, said last night: "I’m tired after the birth. I was nervous after going into labour but otherwise I was quite excited.

“Me and Alfie went. The doctor asked me whether we had sex. I said yes and he said I should do a pregnancy test. He did the test and said I was pregnant. I started crying and didn’t know what to do."

They found out 12 weeks into the pregnancy but hid it from their parents for a further six weeks until Chantelle's mother, Penny, 38, became suspicious when her daughter started gaining weight and confronted her about it.

“[Alfie] said I should tell my mum but I was too scared," Chantelle said.

“We didn’t think we would need help from our parents. You don’t really think about that when you find out you are pregnant. You just think your parents will kill you.”

Denny Patten, Alfie's father, said his son does not really understand the gravity of the situation - but seemed to want to be a good father.

SOURCE:

Kids these days [¬_¬]

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I have some nice news, there is an article about the forums in Pokemon World Magazine and yours truly is included.

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
That's quite unsettling when you look at the pictures. He looks young for 13 and she looks about a foot taller than him >_> At least it wasn't octuplets though.

The plane crash is also a tragedy, but we haven't recieved much knowledge about that over here. It appears the crew did everything they could.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090213/tuk-man-was-tagged-on-his-false-leg-6323e80.html

yahoo news said:
An investigation is under way after a man convicted of possessing cannabis was fitted with a tracking device attached to his false leg. Skip related content
Related photos / videos An man was fitted with a tracking device attached to his false leg
Related content
Video: UK News Roundup, Lunchtime Edition for February 13th 2009
Police face no charges over de Menezes
Anger as major train deal goes to Japan
Related Hot Topic: Motoring & Transport
Have your say: Motoring & Transport
Bret Ravenhill, 29, who lost his limb in a motorbike crash six years ago, said a security worker failed to spot his left leg was made of metal and detachable.

The forklift driver, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, said the woman who came to fit the tag on his leg failed to notice his disability.

He told The Sun: "I thought she would realise straight away - but she never bothered to turn up my trouser leg or look underneath my sock. I just left things as they were for a joke.

"I didn't break my curfew once - but I could have been out living it up every night. I'm no danger to the public - but what if they'd done the same thing to an armed robber?" he told the paper.

A spokeswoman for G4S said: "We conduct our monitoring operation under rigorous procedures which include carrying out an assessment of the leg that is being tagged.

"It would appear that in this instance the procedure has not been followed and we are conducting a thorough investigation into the matter now that it has been brought to our attention."

SlipKnoT and S31R31, you both beat me to those pieces of news, so I tip my hat to both of you =]

Profesco

gone gently
Alfie Patten becomes a father at 13 after one night of unprotected sex

SOURCE:

Kids these days [¬_¬]

You don't often hear about boys fathering children without having hit puberty first. But good grief, that boy looks like he could still be in kindergarten himself! That's just despicable...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
You don't often hear about boys fathering children without having hit puberty first. But good grief, that boy looks like he could still be in kindergarten himself! That's just despicable...

I actually freaked out for a second, because the kid REALLY looks like one of my brother's friends. Then I saw his name, and I started breathing again.

It's going to be a whole new level of awkwardness when the girl starts questioning why her parents look so much younger than those of other children when she starts kindergarten.

Re: Grieving for Continental 3407

Basically this is an area where you can grieve and be comforted, if you were affected by the Continental 3407 plane crash, so far it has claimed 49 lives; 44 passengers,and 5 crew members. RIP 2/12

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
why does everything always have to happen in NY....

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
there was a plane crash this morning

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
My heart, prayers, and condolences go to the ones who have lost their lives in this tragedy, as well as to their families and loved ones.

God bless them, and may their souls rest in peace.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I'm more surprised that someone with the name Alfie got laid.

Rodrigo

The Firey Inferno
why does everything always have to happen in NY....

Because Lord knows that it would've been that much better if it crashed somewhere else...
>.>

But I know what you're saying. Don't worry about it.

Orihime

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!
My heart, prayers, and condolences go to the ones who have lost their lives in this tragedy, as well as to their families and loved ones.

God bless them, and may their souls rest in peace.

Am I the only one that loled after seeing the airplane crash news, then saw your "YOU'RE GROUNDED" sig?