• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo DSi Thread

PokéJungle

Webmaster | Writer
http://pokejungle.net/?action=viewcomments&newsid=126

Yay! That's so cool. Though, right now, I'm just wondering what the hardware upgrades will entail. Adding bigger screens, media capabilities, and cameras is one thing...but on the other hand what new things can the DSi do from a gaming standpoint?

I'm definitely looking forward to it. Very, very much so. And I will point out that seems a very fair price.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
This does sound cool. Although it does seem a little bit like the PSP but, Nintendo-styled

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
PSP: Movies, Media

DSi: Camera, Movies, Wii compatable (but loses GBA stuff)

EDIT: Rank up

Last edited:

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
It will be good if you want a DS with Music, a camera and photos. But if you want something with games I'll be the same like the DS but it wont have the GBA parts some games need (like DPPt)

PokéJungle

Webmaster | Writer
oh, I dont really care about that, srously, I will trade you the pkmn you need!
anyway, I love the camera idea and the channels like the wii, I also love the shopping ability
I have the original DS (waited outside Target, ironically the one I work at now 4 years later). So I'm not worried about that.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Hmm, I'm a little worried about no GBA, since my old DS is a little worse for ware. I was hoping I could replace it with whatever new thing came out, but I may need to keep it now...

If it still works when this comes out...

GBA aside, looks great, even if I won't use most of the functions.

Edit: Will apple sue for using the "i"? Cause if they do, we're screwed :p.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
This looks bad. I think they should stop making it and save these ideas for the new handheld version.

0_0
Holy...I love it! I will definitely be getting one!

EDIT:
The question now is is it region protected?
If not, I'll be importing one for Christmas.

Either way, I'm super excited!
*giggles like a little school girl*

Last edited:

cascade88

< go ask alice >
Okay, I'm loving the built in browser and the media/music/photo support, but I'm not so much loving the no GBA slot... =/

Oh well, aside from that it seems pretty awesome. I defintiely want one :D

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
I hope the Australian price isn't $230 ($180 USD) because I will have trouble raising that 'cos I will not sell my DSLite. Unless it comes out after my birthday. :)

Well right now the US's currency is crap, we are in a "depression".... soo I think you may end up paying less to import it.

Speaking of importing... do you think it would be logical to assume if I imported the new DS from Japan it would have a language switch like the current DS models? Im seriously contemplating importing it from Japan, but 180(probably will end up being more) is a hefty price to pay for something I cant read or operate proficiently.

Hehe, looks great all right. Multimedia really makes this, as I'm still keeping my DS Lite to play old GBA goodies.

The Baron

do i dazzle you?
Hmm, The DSi looks really cool, But I don't understand why they added cameras in it, It looks really weird with the cameras.
But I love how the DS can connect with the Wii for stuff, I'm so getting FF CC: Echoes of Time.
But I will still kep my DS Lite.

Doesn't the Australian Dollar cost more than the American Dollar now?