• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo DSi Thread

Thriller

Its almost time
Which instantly means Nintendo will make it that you can load programs off the SD Card, amirite?

And why are you even on GameFAQ's?

Because I enjoy seeing where trolls and noobs breed. Ever been to the SSBB Gamefaqs board? It will make even Sakurai ashamed of the game.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Hey, is that a new WarioWare. :)

I don't see exactly why this is "less hardcore" though.

Because I enjoy seeing where trolls and noobs breed
I guess that's the answer you got when you asked your parents where you came from, huh?

Slick

Banned
WARIOWARE GAME LET'S YOU MAKE YOUR OWN MICROGAME OMGWTFBBQ.

Is that supposed to make sense Korobooshi?

EDIT: Back from GameFAQ's... *sobs quietly*

mewtwo1414141414

Sea Ruby Trainer
Wouldn't these hardcore gamers already have the DSLite/Phat? I doubt casual gamers are going to be buying a game console for a slot that plays games that aren't made anymore...

Also, where does it say Nintendo is going to release a storage solution a couple of years from now, as well as add HD Support to the Wii?

Where do they get the idea that they can play Ocarina of T-- Oh that's right. GameFAQ's.

No, because I know tones of hardcore gamers including me who still dont have a Ds, and check ign.com, it talks about the new wii(sorry I would copy and past the source, but im using me wii to go online so u gotta search ign :p). So yea, i'd still buy the Ds lite and the Dsi.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I'm really liking the new design, although i still want to know alot more about it.

I'm also glad its got SD card support.

Also if they do make use of the DSi shop to distribute past GB/GBC/GBA games, which would you like to see made available.

Slick

Banned
No, because I know tones of hardcore gamers including me who still dont have a Ds, and check ign.com, it talks about the new wii(sorry I would copy and past the source, but im using me wii to go online so u gotta search ign :p). So yea, i'd still buy the Ds lite and the Dsi.

Most hardcore gamers have the DS Lite already, so Nintendo aren't going to turn in massive profits with the Lite version.

I'll go look at the Wii article though.

EDIT: @mewtwo1414141414: It's rumors.

Last edited:

Asphalizo

NidoKing Master
Many of you act surprised despite the fact that this is normal Nintendo procedure. Take a look at the history of the GameBoy

Gameboy [1989]
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Light (Japan)
Gameboy Advance [2001]
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Micro [2005]

Look at the DS line so far

DS [2004]
DS Lite
DSi [2009]

A significant upgrade to the Gameboy Technology did not occur til 12 years after the original release. Now I don't assume that a significant upgrade will take that long for the existing DS line, however as mentioned before a huge upgrade would halt existing software design and cause a delay in game titles.
Nintendo is currently leading the handheld system market and is still selling the DS Lite well.

The added functionality of the SD card is bigger than many of you realize. As Serebii speculated on the main page a Gameboy Virtual Console is big possibility which is something that the Wii Virtual Console has not even touched. How would you like to play 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Pokemon games on your DS? Thus the reason for the exclusion of the GBA slot. Why put a GBA slot on there when they can just release those GBA titles as downloads.

I too was looking for a bit more in the upgrade such as dual touchscreens and some other stuff, but this is an adequate upgrade. Remember too the DS had become stale in Japan and although it was still selling well the PSP was catching up. This version will revitalize the DS line as well as give software developers many new things to add to their games. The added memory from the SD card could see larger games being made for the system. In the end more successful DS means more games including what most of us want, a Gold and Silver remake in summer 2009...

DS with cameras... screens still look as blocky or will they actually look true 64-bit smooth? *Can't tell from the pics*

Nintendo Points, eh... only thing I can say is... G/S REMAKE ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE, EVERYONE HAPPY, NOW? Well, it'd be a rerelease... is that good enough? *Personally didn't want a remake, that was just the first thing to come to mind when I heard DS has a store even though Virtual Console hasn't been confirmed* Wonder what else you'd be able to buy...

EDIT: Damn it, beaten twice as I was typing this. XD!

Rave

Banned
Aside from the fact that the lack of GBA insert leaves a rather bitter taste in my mouth, I'm actually somewhat impressed with some of the features this new model does hold. The SD card add on seems to be a rather nice touch. It would've been nice to at least see some Virtual Console games to be able to be put into it as well.

Dragon~~pokémon~~trainer

The Pokémon Trainer
I can't read japanese but on some site i found it has two touch screens. However Serebii doesn't have this information. Can somebody that can read japanese tell me if it says something about two touchscreens on the official site?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I can't read japanese but on some site i found it has two touch screens. However Serebii doesn't have this information. Can somebody that can read japanese tell me if it says something about two touchscreens on the official site?

It only has one Touch Screen

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
What I would quite like to see, is a GBFinal/Deluxe/Whatever that plays GB, GBC & GBA, has a backlight, a charger and one that will use GB cables, GBA cables, and has a built in wireless adapter. I don't like having to use my old GBAs for trading on R/S/E, and even less like trying to use my GBs for trading between R/B/Y.

I would also like to see a dual power source. Using batteries and a charger as would prolong battery life, and stop me from draining the car battery when I'm camping (whoops). Though I really don't think a pair of AA bateries would fit in that thing...

Just my opinion mind you.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Considering that the DSi has built in flash memory, is there any way for say a R/B/Y/G/S/C/FR/LG/R/S/E re-release on the DSi shop downloaded to the flash memory on the DSi, to communicate or trade with Diamond/Pearl or Platinum.

Obviously no one knows for sure, but was just wondering if it was possible/plausible for flash memory to communicate with the game carts.

Assuming of course that the DSi shop will re-release GB-GBA titles in the future. Especially seeing as the Virtual Console is starting to be utilised for Gamecube games, it would seem that Nintendo are making any and all past games available by VC means.

Last edited:

Regiman

i herd u leik meh.
Sooo... NEED! It'll be about £99 in UK just saying.