• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo DSi Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ye it looks ok but i heard the new generation of pokemon games wont be on it, So I mite wait till the next full remake

Why would you wait? Just because the next generation wont be on the DSi isn't really a valid excuse not to get one, it not being a big enough change from the DS/Lite is a good excuse.

Besides, the next handheld may not come out until late next year or the year after.

NinjaBaker

I sure as hell hope that game stores are giving trade-in credit for old DSes, toward a DSi.

Somebody posted some offer at gamestop in this thread, gamestop is letting you buy the DSi for half price if you trade in your ds lite. (I think thts what he/she said)

;492;

BCVM22

Somebody posted some offer at gamestop in this thread, gamestop is letting you buy the DSi for half price if you trade in your ds lite.

That sounds a bit off to me. If trading in a used DS Lite gives you a 50% discount on the DSi, it means you're getting a return of roughly $85 on an item that was $130 new (that's about a 65% return) and GameStop doesn't normally give that kind of value on hardware trade-ins. If it's accurate then great, but I'd double-check that before counting on it.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I do need a new DS, i've had the original since it came out and it lasts for an hour now.
Quick Question, since the DSi has 2 cameras, possibility of Video Chat instead of Pictochat?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Uhhh, I'm really not gonna trade my DS Lite. I'd rather pay for it all $160.00, though. Even if this is probably a better deal.

I'll already have enough to buy a DSi fully by that time, and have a few more dollars afterwards. Plus, I have a half-price discount anyway: My mom. I'd pay 100 and she'd pay the rest. She loves me a lot, so I seriously thank her.

Edit: Yay! Rank up! ^^ everything'll match.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I do need a new DS, i've had the original since it came out and it lasts for an hour now.
Quick Question, since the DSi has 2 cameras, possibility of Video Chat instead of Pictochat?

It's possible.... but I really doubt it. This is Nintendo, you need to exchange sixteen digit codes to play with someone pretty much anonymously. And they did not allow for the exchange of these codes on their forum when it was up.

Nintendo tries too hard at security. =/

Meh i wish the blue DSi was Cobalt instead of that very light blue <.<
I agree. At least it's blue though. Blue's my favorite color. I actually spray painted my Wavebird blue since I like it so much. Though a blue DSi could've gone well with a cobalt GBA SP and cobalt DS (though it's broken).

That sounds a bit off to me. If trading in a used DS Lite gives you a 50% discount on the DSi, it means you're getting a return of roughly $85 on an item that was $130 new (that's about a 65% return) and GameStop doesn't normally give that kind of value on hardware trade-ins. If it's accurate then great, but I'd double-check that before counting on it.

Do you think that they will also give you the discount for a broken DSPhat?

BCVM22

Uhhh, I'm really not gonna trade my DS Lite. I'd rather pay for it all $160.00, though. Even if this is probably a better deal.

It's $170, first of all, and second of all, this would make sense if you have want two DS units for trading purposes. If, however, you're just looking to trade up on your single model, why wouldn't you do this deal? Do you not like saving money, or what?

Possible but unlikely. PictoChat is just sending tiny bits of turn-based line data over the local wireless connection. Video chat would involve significantly larger amounts of data between units, and in real time no less. And if you're close enough to use the local wireless connection between units, why would you need video chat anyway?

Do you think that they will also give you the discount for a broken DSPhat?

Probably not. It's broken and it's hardware that's no longer sold at retail and has no advantage of any sort over its successor.

Probably not. It's broken and it's hardware that's no longer sold at retail and has no advantage of any sort over its successor.

The only thing that one of the rings that hold the upper screen is broken, but for everythng else it works perfectly fine

BCVM22

The only thing that one of the rings that hold the upper screen is broken, but for everythng else it works perfectly fine

Point is, it's still broken. And that still doesn't change the fact that there's no reason for someone in the market for a handheld to buy a DS if a DS Lite is available.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So then sorry if you knew this and or you dont want to but the speed on the DSi is remarkably faster for internet and the opera browser is sweet and doesnt make all the websites seem all texty and dull.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/23/video-nintendo-dsi-browser-dramatically-outpaces-the-ds-lite/

That's excellent, that is one major thing that bugged me about the DS Browser, it was very slow... and it appears the DSi browser handles web pages better, but I think they may have been in different veiws...

So, does the DSi one finally have Flash, or maybe the ability to get it? o_O