• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Game Help Thread

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Bug Catcher Richard said:
Ok, on Super Mario 64 DS, what do you do on the 'Stand tall on the four pillars' part of Shifting Sand Land, and how do you do the 'Blast away the wall' part on Whomp's Fortress?

Heh, just got all 150 stars in this game! On Stand Tall on the Four Pillars... You know the four pillars just get the coins which are on them. One on each. The Koopa Shell makes it easier.
Blast Away the Wall... Get in the cannon and turn it right. Aim Mario at the furthest of the two thin walls on either side of that slope. It reveal a star. Get in the cannon again and get the star.

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Xa-Xa-Xatu said:
I see... to get it, you must be Luigi. Use the flower in the red box to become invisible. Then, just fall into the red fence and WHAM-O! You got yourself a star!

Oh.I guess I gotta go rescue him first then.Thank you!

Zora

perpetually tired
Salamenace said:
Oh.I guess I gotta go rescue him first then.Thank you!

Rescue everyone at every possible time. It sounds like you have made it to the tower. Well if you did, get Wario. Very valuble in the hazy maze cave.

A

Azure Pathos-Sketchit

Alilatias said:
The Cuckoo minigame? You can throw the chickens over the river, then swim over to that cuckoo and pick it up again. Note that you will have to throw that cuckoo at a certain place on the side of the river... I suggest throwing the cuckoo at the corner of the area where that brown bridge leads to that brown house with the carpenters(I'm horrible at describing stuff >.<).

Completing this minigame is worth it though... This is supposedly the second-hardest heartpiece to get. You're on the last part of the minigame, so good luck.

The mysterious amulet is those butterflies that appear during certain kinfusions. Catching those butterflies will improve a certain ability. There are three butterflies, and they improve swimming speed, a faster arrow-firing rate, and digging speed. You can make those butterflies appear by kinfusing with those three girls in the inn at the town.
Gee, thanks. I feel kinda stupid now because it took me a while to notice I was trying to throw the Cucco over the Minish-sized bridge in front of the carpenters' house, thus it not going over. XD Guess I was blinded by frustration. Also, "amulet" is a pretty misleading description! I had found the butterflies before reading that newsletter and was hoping it was some amulet that permanently raises attack and guard or something. XP

OK, one last thing and then I can stop bothering y'all. XP One of the newsletters' reader mail questions was about how many siblings Swiftblade has. He answered, "There are nine of us, not counting the ghost of Swiftblade the First." This confuses me... OK, not counting the ghost, there are the four that teach you attacks and the three that upgrade your abilities. That makes seven. So who are the last two and do you ever get to meet them? o_O

Alilatias

Simple Bard
Azure Pathos-Sketchit said:
Gee, thanks. I feel kinda stupid now because it took me a while to notice I was trying to throw the Cucco over the Minish-sized bridge in front of the carpenters' house, thus it not going over. XD Guess I was blinded by frustration. Also, "amulet" is a pretty misleading description! I had found the butterflies before reading that newsletter and was hoping it was some amulet that permanently raises attack and guard or something. XP

OK, one last thing and then I can stop bothering y'all. XP One of the newsletters' reader mail questions was about how many siblings Swiftblade has. He answered, "There are nine of us, not counting the ghost of Swiftblade the First." This confuses me... OK, not counting the ghost, there are the four that teach you attacks and the three that upgrade your abilities. That makes seven. So who are the last two and do you ever get to meet them? o_O

Oh, darn... This is a hard one... I remember that there were two in Castor Wilds (one that teaches you the spin attack that lets you move around while spinning and one that shortens the time needed to charge up your sword for the spin attack).

There is one in Hyrule Town (duh).

There is one in Mt. Crenel (rolling dash attack)

There is one in Veil Falls (shortens the time needed for the sprit gauge to fill)

There is one in North Hyrule Field (lengthens the time that you can move around while using the spin attack)

There is one in Hyrule Castle Garden (teaches you the sword beam attack that you can use at full health)

There is one in Lake Hylia (teaches you the sword beam attack that you can use at low health)

That is all I can remember for the time being... I don't think there are any others... That was probably a translation error...

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Another SM64DS problem....in Shifting Sand Land, what on earth do you do on the 'Tox Box Switch Star' challenge?

Zora

perpetually tired
Salamenace said:
Another SM64DS problem....in Shifting Sand Land, what on earth do you do on the 'Tox Box Switch Star' challenge?

Find the star switch. Requires Wario*, enter as anyone but wario, get the wario cap, (activate cannon if not done) go to the oasis, and break the super brick that hides the star switch (don't step on the star switch yet), leave by portal. Get hit to lose wario cap, then go back, get the wing cap, step on the star switch, take the portal back to teh oasis and claim your star.

*You need Wario for his cap

Also I have a question: In animal crossing is safe to use the in-game item codes (<I am talking about Nooks "Say Code" option; NOT A CHEATING DEVICE)?

Solid Kirby

Back, I guess.
You mean Universal Codes?

They are generally okay to use, Just make sure you know what you're entering. Some of the codes can REALLY f*** up your game. =/

Zora

perpetually tired
Devil Guardian Ganon said:
You mean Universal Codes?

They are generally okay to use, Just make sure you know what you're entering. Some of the codes can REALLY f*** up your game. =/

No I said In-game ITEM codes. Just to get funiture and stuff.

E

Elite Eevee

Universal codes and the Item codes are the same thing. DGG says the truth. Use a posted guide or something.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
greenlink777 said:
Also I have a question: In animal crossing is safe to use the in-game item codes (<I am talking about Nooks "Say Code" option; NOT A CHEATING DEVICE)?
Yeah. There's no way a code that was put into a game on purpose can harm your game, except on rare occaisions. None of those rare occaisions being on Nintendo games.

How do I know this? I'm a rotten cheater :p

Devil Guardian Ganon said:
How? All they do is let you have an item for free. No harm done.

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Yet another SM64DS problem. What do you do on the 'Snowman's Missing his head' part in Cool,Cool Mountain? I got the snowman's body to roll down the slope,but it keeps going past the head.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Salamenace said:
Yet another SM64DS problem. What do you do on the 'Snowman's Missing his head' part in Cool,Cool Mountain? I got the snowman's body to roll down the slope,but it keeps going past the head.
Try standing closer to the head when the body rolls down. Don't forget that you're the lead, so if you don't show the snowman's head to the body, it won't have a clue.

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Ah,okay.Thanks!

C

Carnifex

Ok i need help in LoZ: The Minsih Cap.

1)How do i get into that house which has a heart piece in it.You can get into it through the back but you cant get to the heart piece through the back.But every time you go to the front it says that the door is locked.Can anyone help please.

2)Also i have gotten houses for two of the dancing ladies but i dont know how to get a house for the last one.Someone help please.

Zora

perpetually tired
Carnifex said:
Ok i need help in LoZ: The Minsih Cap.

1)How do i get into that house which has a heart piece in it.You can get into it through the back but you cant get to the heart piece through the back.But every time you go to the front it says that the door is locked.Can anyone help please.

2)Also i have gotten houses for two of the dancing ladies but i dont know how to get a house for the last one.Someone help please.
1.) You need all figurines.

2.) There is no 3rd house

C

Carnifex

But the guy says that if he could get rid of the cats which are in a place he could build another house so that means that there is a way to get the last girl a house as well.

Zora

perpetually tired
Carnifex said:
But the guy says that if he could get rid of the cats which are in a place he could build another house so that means that there is a way to get the last girl a house as well.

You can't get rid of the cats.

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
greenlink777 said:
Find the star switch. Requires Wario*, enter as anyone but wario, get the wario cap, (activate cannon if not done) go to the oasis, and break the super brick that hides the star switch (don't step on the star switch yet), leave by portal. Get hit to lose wario cap, then go back, get the wing cap, step on the star switch, take the portal back to teh oasis and claim your star.

Okay,I have Wario now,but what 'portal' are you talking about?