• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Game Help Thread

M

Magna

Can someone help me in Smash Bros. Melee? In the Home Run contest, does anyone have a good strategy with Mr. Game and Watch? I barely got him over 1000 ft. and his
Down A-aerial doesn't work as a bat frop cuz when it lands, it pushes the sandbag away. =\

*looks for someone to help him*

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
As far as the HRC is concerned, don't ask me. I suck when it comes to that aspect of the SSBM game. *blushes embarrassingly*

P

Pikamaster

Try B-up or B-smash (left and right). B-up should be good, and hope that B-smash does a weak attack. A-down might work too.

M

Magna

Those attacks don't really do much damage when compared to the time it takes to execute them, especially the b-up. While I'm criticizing your post, I know that beggars aren't choosers, and I appreciate your attempt. In case it helps, my strat is to use a-smash a few times, going off the platform while juggling the sandbag. Instead of a last a-up smash, I use an a-up strong and then do a no-ping hit. Suggestions? Comments? Anyone? <.< >.>

N

nidzzzo

Hi. I need help with the retro Super Mario Brothers 1. How do you get infinite tricks in the world 3-1? (You now that trick?!)

ClowSui

look! a shiny dragon
Anyhelp on Event 50? And also, I'm not sure about smashing...is it slam the control stick then attack or hold both at the same time?

S

squirtle_squad_leader

Gah! Event number 37 on SSBM is DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!

It's the one where you play as Ness and you have to fight Samus, Kirby, Star Fox, Capt. Falcon, and Falco one after another.

They could at least give you two lives. With two lives, I could do it easily. I've been trying for over six hours!!!

I got so angry last night I threw my controller, so now I can't play it at all.

Grmph. I'm writing an angry letter to Nintendo. I'm an avid video game player and Nintendo fan and no boss, level, or anything in any other game is as impossibly difficult as that. GRAH!

M

Magna

^Nothing I can say except practice, practice and more practice.

^^ That's SSBM, right? The one where you fight both hands? Use Yoshi and his aerial down+a. Around 40% if every kick hits. When they attack from the sides of the stage (from the background), use the shield, then roll right before they hit so that they hit while your rolling.

S

squirtle_squad_leader

AHAHAHAHAH! Finally I beat it! Yes!

Oh, and it was event 36 not 37. Needless to say, Ness is now my best character.

D

Dark Absol

I know this is off topic, but anyone who knows and likes about "Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut", please help me on Mission 53? If anyone knows how to do it, please e-mail me about this. I was kinda frustrated about it. Thank you.

I need help. How do you get the Giga Bowser trophy in SSBM????? Everyone says beat Giga Bowser. Is that the Bowser in the end?? Do you need to be in Hard mode??? Do you need to not get hurt at all??? Somebody help, I go mad when I see how to get it and it just says "Beat Giga Bowser". Help desperately needed. And event match 37 is heck. I barely beat Captain Falcon, then Falco comes in for an OHKO:mad:. It would help if we weren't forced to be that piece of crap, Ness(Ness is cool, it's just that he can't battle). And any help on how to beat that level with the Giant Bowser with Luigi in Poke'Floats would be appreciated as well.

Last edited:
M

Magna

^To face Giga Bowser, you have to beat the Bowser in Adventure mode when playing at Normal or harder and without continuing. You'll know if you did it right because the Bowser will be black instead or brown. Beat him, them you fight Giga Bowser. Beat to get trophy.

Thanks Magna, but sorry. BlazikenV2 PMed me with the answer and Giga Bowser now resides(reluctantly, most likely) in my trophy collection. Dang, that 00ber Bowser is scary!!!

S

squirtle_squad_leader

Is there some sort of stock restriction on the Giga Bowser thing? I went through Adventure mode in Normal with Young Link, five stock, no continuing. I diddn't fight Giga Bowser.

Also, how do you get the event matches 40-51? I only have through 39...

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
You have to get to Bowser without continuing in order for him to be Giga Bowser. You have to beat all 39 event matches to get more.

S

squirtle_squad_leader

I have finished all 39.

I also got to Bowser in Normal Adventure mode, and he wasn't giga to my knowledge. And I don't have the trophy, so I'm guessing he wasn't giga.

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
Kirby is partially correct. I forgot that you have to unlock all of the secret characters and levels to get event matches 40-50 and then beat them all to get 51. I think unlocking all of the stages is correct. Hmm.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I don't think you need to have all the stages. I remember fighting Giga Bowser in event number 50 or 51 (can't remember which even he is in) and I didn't have all the stages. I could be wrong though, which I probably am...