• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Game Help Thread

Ordon Village acts as it in location and lifestyle, so to speak, plus the fact you start there, it leads to the dungeon in the forest, etc. etc. Basically it's the TP Kokiri Village.

I believe at the very end of Zora's River, that having been said though, it may also be at the mouth of the river. Let it be known that there should be a location to teleport there right outside of the fishing pond entrance once you finally do make it there. I believe it's at the end, though.

Yes, it was there.

Any tips on catching the reekfish to attract Yeti?

BCVM22

Any tips on catching the reekfish to attract Yeti?

Just use the lure earring that Prince Ralis gives you and fish at the Mother and Child rocks, which are a large spire and smaller spire that sit in proximity to each other at the base of the waterfall. It won't take more than a few minutes.

Just use the lure earring that Prince Ralis gives you and fish at the Mother and Child rocks, which are a large spire and smaller spire that sit in proximity to each other at the base of the waterfall. It won't take more than a few minutes.

I already did that, I just made 45 minutes when I gave up, apparently, I'm horrible at fishing

EDIT: In GH:WT I'm missing 2 cheats, the first one and the one after the AT&T Ballpark, can anyone tell me which are they and the code for them?

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Cobalt_Latios

*sigh* I feel mildly annoyed for popping back here every time for this game.

Okay, I'm currently in the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. There's this one miniboss that I'm currently unable to defeat.

Yes, if you guessed "Dark Link", that would be the one. I've seen multiple different strategies for beating him, but unfortunately I seem rather incapable of doing them. I've tried the Hammer, and can't seem to get it to work. I've tried Din's fire, but I'm not sure on how I'd refill the gauge. I've seen one last trick involving the hookshot and the sword, but so far it's not really working the way I'd have hoped.

Any suggestions?

*C_L*

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
I think basically just going at him swordsman-style works. As in, keep your guard up and dodge his attacks when you can, but keep the offense on him, too. If I remember correctly, he blocks a majority of your attacks, but you can get some through occasionally if you keep swinging. That's all I can ever remember doing, at any rate.

I think basically just going at him swordsman-style works. As in, keep your guard up and dodge his attacks when you can, but keep the offense on him, too. If I remember correctly, he blocks a majority of your attacks, but you can get some through occasionally if you keep swinging. That's all I can ever remember doing, at any rate.

Sword's the easiest way to kill yourself, as he parries nearly every attack your sword has to offer. It's also probably one of the funniest things to watch; A shadow of Link dancing all over your sword, then dealing massive damage to you? Yeah, it takes some time for that to get old.

Okay, I'm currently in the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. There's this one miniboss that I'm currently unable to defeat.

Quite honestly, I must commend you for making it that far in the Temple without locking yourself in. xD I'm still pretty afraid of that place since I forget a few steps of the temple. ;.;

Yes, if you guessed "Dark Link", that would be the one. I've seen multiple different strategies for beating him, but unfortunately I seem rather incapable of doing them. I've tried the Hammer, and can't seem to get it to work. I've tried Din's fire, but I'm not sure on how I'd refill the gauge. I've seen one last trick involving the hookshot and the sword, but so far it's not really working the way I'd have hoped.

I think I can really only suggest the Megaton Hammer and Din's Fire for this one, as that's most consistent for myself personally. Be sure to get in there with full magic, firstly, and getting the expanded Magic Meter if not already obtained. Try and get some hits in with Din's Fire, and try to trick Dark Link with your back placement. He appears right behind you, so try and alter your position so a quick turnaround will catch him off guard. You may need to relinquish actually Z-Targeting him to pull this off. If you can time things right and know how to stand after a little bit of work, you should be able to hit him before he gets to move, thus giving him constant damage that he can't dodge do to how he...works.

If that's too complicated, someone else try to elaborate their strategy please? Otherwise feel free to PM me or leave a Visitor Message.

Cobalt_Latios

Quite honestly, I must commend you for making it that far in the Temple without locking yourself in. xD I'm still pretty afraid of that place since I forget a few steps of the temple. ;.;
I'm not sure if I should be beaten over the head with a random blunt object, or thoroughly insulted/ignored for deciding to ignore the warning at the very beginning.

This was where I was pretty much insulted through and through. As well as laughed at for giving me such false impressions.

edit: Also, after having lost to that guy so many times, I've sort of memorized a good chunk of the dungeon. In fact, same thing goes for those Stalfos; I've memorized that whole area because of it.

With admitting that much, well...

I think I can really only suggest the Megaton Hammer and Din's Fire for this one, as that's most consistent for myself personally. Be sure to get in there with full magic, firstly, and getting the expanded Magic Meter if not already obtained. Try and get some hits in with Din's Fire, and try to trick Dark Link with your back placement. He appears right behind you, so try and alter your position so a quick turnaround will catch him off guard. You may need to relinquish actually Z-Targeting him to pull this off. If you can time things right and know how to stand after a little bit of work, you should be able to hit him before he gets to move, thus giving him constant damage that he can't dodge do to how he...works.
Well, it would suck to have to exit the dungeon, go to get the expanded magic, and then try again. But, if that's the option, then I may as well just get the Biggoron Sword. I mean, I've heard it's pretty much the best thing against this guy.

If that's too complicated, someone else try to elaborate their strategy please? Otherwise feel free to PM me or leave a Visitor Message.
Well, only the part about "turning around" is the complicated part.

And btw, I'm playing this on the VC.

*C_L*

Rakurai

I think the most important thing is to avoid using Z-targeting, as it makes him extremely defensive. Hitting him with the hammer is a pain if you try to target him, but if you don't, he should just keep rushing you and let himself get hit over and over again until he's toast (At least that's what he did for me).

Cobalt_Latios

OMFG!!! I beat him!!

I actually didn't think it would work, but holy hell! It maybe took 30 seconds to do!

Basically, I hit him with the sword once. Waited for him to reappear (facing forward) then faced him and hit with the hammer. Spun back, and repeated till he was done.

I'm now laughing with joy that I beat him!!!

Yayz!! I can finally complete this game.

*C_L*

OMFG!!! I beat him!!

I actually didn't think it would work, but holy hell! It maybe took 30 seconds to do!

Basically, I hit him with the sword once. Waited for him to reappear (facing forward) then faced him and hit with the hammer. Spun back, and repeated till he was done.

I'm now laughing with joy that I beat him!!!

Yayz!! I can finally complete this game.

*C_L*

...That was (To an extent) what I meant in turning around without Z-targeting him. Either way though, nice job on beating him! I think I can safely say he is one of the more frustrating enemies out there just due to the way you need to beat him >.<

Cobalt_Latios

...That was (To an extent) what I meant in turning around without Z-targeting him. Either way though, nice job on beating him! I think I can safely say he is one of the more frustrating enemies out there just due to the way you need to beat him >.<
Oh... well, I guess it was because I didn't really expect it to work quite that efficiently.

I have to admit, though some people would have preferred beating him "the old fashion way" (which is to make it more "epic"), the fact that I frustrate easily doesn't exactly make it a good idea for me to try.

...it's even worse when I actually bothered to watch the video all the way through to find out he actually did have a proper battle. With another method that not only seems easier, but do able for me to an extent.

Anyways, I can see why this game did so well. It's challenging in a good way, offers puzzles that have only just be matched, and bosses that really want to make you toss a controller across the room for sheer nuissance.

I was even tempted to stop playing this game for a while. Guess I'm "back on track".

*C_L*

Cobalt_Latios

these space pirates in prime 1 scare me...
any way to keep myself calm and not shoot like crazy and die? :D
If your really that concerned, just go into morph ball mode and bomb 'em. Should do something.

*C_L*

Dusk

Dawn
I need help with Chrono Trigger! I'm currently in the future or '?' (I assume it's the future, it just looks like a barren wasteland...) and I've completed the sewer portion of this quest. I tried going up the mountain, but these powerful wind gusts keep blowing me down. Is there something I need to get? I'm completely stuck!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: