• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Game Help Thread

TheEliteEmpoleon

1) In Soul Silver, how do I see the number of pokemon encounters I have had? I tried scrolling down on the back on my trainer card like everyone says to do but it isn't working like it does in my White version.
2) While playing Soul Silver, the upper left section of my screen starts to graphically glitch and the same section becomes fuzzy as I move. Is it the game or the DS? Should I move the game to my other DS? Could it cause problems for my game, or is it not something to worry about?

You already asked these questions in the Pokemon Questions Thread, where they belong.

Aurath8

Is there any trick to beat spiders in The legend of Zelda SS. I'm playing the harder mode now and I can't beat the spider without the bug.

If they're on the ground, use an upward slash to flip them onto their backs. Then use the finishing blow. If they're dangling from the ceiling, slash sideways to turn them around, then stab it belly.

Maarij

I am currently playing Pokemon Black Version and i want Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection on it so i can trade with any one in the world and can do events like Melloetta, Genesect etc and the Dream World. I want to access The Dream World and i have tried alot but i can't so please can anyone help me? I would be so very very much grateful! Thanks. :)
And i also wanted to know that what is Competitive battling in Pokemon?

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
How does the gift function on the 3DS store work? Due to my poor internet connection I can't get past the first two loading screens in the shop, but I can get spotpasses from my wifi and hotspots around town. If I was to organise someone to gift me a game, would I need to access the store first to allow it to download, or could it just arrive via spotpass straight away?

TheEliteEmpoleon

For qnyone that has gotten the game yet:
Is Sticker Star worth it? I'm trying to decide if I want it for Christmas or not.
Compare it to NSMB2: Playtime? Postgame? Extras? Modes? Overall value?

Any and all help would be appreciated!

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
It is worth every penny. The 3D works great, not much to do post game, but the time spent playing the story is long enough. The overall elements of the game fit together nicely.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Right, so I'm playing through Okami Wii, and I have to beat Hayabusa's turnip-digging record to get him to talk to me. Well, I dug up all the turnips while avoiding the angry woman-person and bit the last one, but Hayabusa's still being a douche. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

EDIT: Checked again at night. Still won't talk to me. I haven't talked the Canine in the Sparrow Inn, though, if that matters.

Last edited:

Firesoul

Fire in the dark...
I need help on the legend of Zelda Twilight Princess the Water temple the moving stairs.

Aegon

I need help on the legend of Zelda Twilight Princess the Water temple the moving stairs.
You'll have to be more specific than that, since the stairs have to be moved several times. How far have you progressed in the dungeon?

Aurath8

Is there a maximum amount of units that you can deploy in a given chapter of Fire Emblem: Awakening? If so, about how much?
I'm currently planning my team and I'm already pushing 16-17 units not counting any of the children characters. I'd just like to know how many more characters I can fit in, and whether I should kick out a few more or just put some of by more average units on rotation.

KillerDraco

Is there a maximum amount of units that you can deploy in a given chapter of Fire Emblem: Awakening? If so, about how much?
I'm currently planning my team and I'm already pushing 16-17 units not counting any of the children characters. I'd just like to know how many more characters I can fit in, and whether I should kick out a few more or just put some of by more average units on rotation.

Yes, each Chapter has a set number of units you can deploy, but it varies based on the Chapter. I'm not sure of the exact numbers for every Chapter, but I know they definitely differ.

Long story short though, you will never be able to take all the units you want into battle. Believe me, I know that dilemma all too well. You'll either need to select a few that you use more often, or rotate them based on your needs... though the former is only necessary in Lunatic mode or higher, since you can grind to allow for rotation in Normal and Hard difficulties.

Edit: I think it averages around 12-14 per chapter? A few of the later chapters let you use 16, but most of the time it'll be a little bit less than that.

Last edited:

Aurath8

Yes, each Chapter has a set number of units you can deploy, but it varies based on the Chapter. I'm not sure of the exact numbers for every Chapter, but I know they definitely differ.

Long story short though, you will never be able to take all the units you want into battle. Believe me, I know that dilemma all too well. You'll either need to select a few that you use more often, or rotate them based on your needs... though the former is only necessary in Lunatic mode or higher, since you can grind to allow for rotation in Normal and Hard difficulties.

Edit: I think it averages around 12-14 per chapter? A few of the later chapters let you use 16, but most of the time it'll be a little bit less than that.

12-14? Damn. I'll probably dump a few units that I don't like/need like Cherche or Miriel. It's better to have 12 great units than 17 good ones. Besides, I can always grind everyone up regardless.

Myrrh

What is the best way to get Stickers in Brawl? I've been getting 4-6 Stickers for each time I beat the Galeom boss in the Subspace Emissary, trying to get the last two Stickers I need to pretty much have done everything in the game. Not sure if I'm going about it the best way possible, but in the two or so minutes it takes to beat him, I get 4-6 Stickers, but sometimes a Trophy instead :l

FusionKT

*cough*
What is the best way to get Stickers in Brawl? I've been getting 4-6 Stickers for each time I beat the Galeom boss in the Subspace Emissary, trying to get the last two Stickers I need to pretty much have done everything in the game. Not sure if I'm going about it the best way possible, but in the two or so minutes it takes to beat him, I get 4-6 Stickers, but sometimes a Trophy instead :l

Try making a stage like this

Shiny Rokon

a question about my nintendo wii, have had it since they came out so many years ago now, i regularly use it, yesterday i turned it on and had trouble with the wii remote and sensor bar, i couldn't see any hand appear, remote showed it was fully charged, then i finally got a hand and was able to go into a game and play. today i turned it on and now i have no hand on screen at all, no matter how close, how high or low i hold it. the buttons on the remote work but no hand so i can't go into any games or do anything!! The 2nd remote will not work at all, no buttons or anything. The console is also louder than in the past but it has been like this for a while now, and only on the menu screen its quieter in-game. Now its prob time for a new wii or wii U but I have downloaded games like pokemon rumble, ranch, harvest moon, star wars, donkey kong on there which I'm afraid I will lose or have to re-buy (can u buy those games on wii U? or just wii?) is there a way i can save them and put them on my new wii or wii U or can i fix the controllers/wii sensor bar its hard to tell what's gone wrong. Is there a way i can use buttons to navigate on the wii and save data on an SD card such as the games I bought? thanks in advance :)

oh and the blue lights at the bottom of the controller don't come on at all, anytime, no matter what i press. :(

Last edited:

Shiny Rokon

thank you! if i buy a wii U can I use the one controller it comes with to navigate the transfer of data on my old wii as well as my wii U, i will borrow a friend's wii controller to see if that will work, how do i sync my friend's controller up to my wii? i only did it once when i originally bought my wii. also is there a way to navigate the screen without using the sensor bar/sensor on the controller? with buttons or something.

Shiny Rokon

ah! i hav a classic controller will try it now :) fingers crossed!! i just want to back up all these games should have done it when i bought them :S