• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Game Help Thread

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Um, this isn't asking for help ingame exactly, but is technically for helping to 100% something so...XD

As WiiConnect24 is shutting down soon, does anybody have any Metroid Prime 3/ Metroid Prime Trilogy Friend Tokens (PAL version) they could trade? I can't remember how many I have exactly, but it's at least 15, which is enough for all of the extra unlockables! I'd just really like to be able to have the unlockables, and help someone else to get them as well before it's too late.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Um, this isn't asking for help ingame exactly, but is technically for helping to 100% something so...XD

As WiiConnect24 is shutting down soon, does anybody have any Metroid Prime 3/ Metroid Prime Trilogy Friend Tokens (PAL version) they could trade? I can't remember how many I have exactly, but it's at least 15, which is enough for all of the extra unlockables! I'd just really like to be able to have the unlockables, and help someone else to get them as well before it's too late.

I have the trilogy and some tokens, but I don't know what you mean by PAL version. I suppose I'd be willing to trade the tokens with you :)

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
I have the trilogy and some tokens, but I don't know what you mean by PAL version. I suppose I'd be willing to trade the tokens with you :)
Oh, well PAL is the code for the region I'm in, which is in Europe. Games from other regions have a different code, like NTSC for America. ^^;. As far as I know, you have to be in the same region for credit trading to work.

Hope that clears it up a bit, I'm not that great on explaining region codes XD. So if you're in a European/PAL region, then that'd be great, thanks! :)

EDIT: Yeah, Canada would be NTSC, so it wouldn't work T.T. Thanks for the offer anyway!

DOUBLE EDIT: No worries now, I got all the credits I needed from another site.

Last edited:

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Oh, well PAL is the code for the region I'm in, which is in Europe. Games from other regions have a different code, like NTSC for America. ^^;. As far as I know, you have to be in the same region for credit trading to work.

Hope that clears it up a bit, I'm not that great on explaining region codes XD. So if you're in a European/PAL region, then that'd be great, thanks! :)

Ah. I'm in Canada, which I guess is a different region then? So I guess it wouldn't work?

Shiny Rokon

thanks, the wii classic controller can be used to navigate around the menu and it works fine, so would it b most likely the sensor bar rather than something emitted from the remote why the hand doesn't appear on the screen? last question, can i transfer my downloaded wii ware and virtual console games from my old wii to a new wii (not wii U) i don't have the funds for a wii U atm but since my wii is also rattling would like to transfer stuff across to a new wii now just to be safe, since i can't see myself buying a wii U till christmas.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Okie well I feel like I seriously messed up while playing Oracle of Ages. Its my first time playing the game and, like always, I try to not use the guides/online walkthroughs.

Right now I'm on Crescent Island Present time. I had to unfortunately use a guide >.< only to realize that I needed the stink bag from the Hand. Never got the stationary, but I do have the Poe Clock.
Now I feel like I can't get out of Crescent Island simply because I don't have the raft anymore which sucks >: I have been wandering around in Present time and Past time seeing how I can go back to get the item, but I can't find no solution >.< I really need help with getting off the Island so I can go get the item needed <.>

SMZCORE

Not sure if this the right place to ask, but please someone answer me. I have an American 3DS. I used Brazillian e-shop. Does Brazil belogn to same region as America? as in can I download and play 3DS games from brazillian e-shop into my American 3DS?

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
in super Mario Stecherstar am I supposed to have more than four pages for stickers by the time I fight the second boss? I run out stickers at about 40 hp left no matter what.

Zachmac

Etrain Odyssey Untold is 3rd party, but it's only for 3DS, right? So I guesd that this would be the right place to ask, right?

So I recently beat Etrian Odyssey Untold and started playing on classic. I love having all those classes I couldn't have before, but it feels pretty empty to me without the character's comments on things like, say, the bee hive in the jungle. Is there anyway to bring the classic-only characters to story mode? Like by defeating the final boss or something? I know that I can change story-character classes, but I'd rather not do that.

The answer will probably be no, but I figured I may as well ask anyway.

Zibdas

not bad
I don't know if this counts, but I can not find a better place to ask, so here it is...

Do the Wii U bundles come with a digital, or a physical copy of the game in question?

Torpoleon

I don't know if this counts, but I can not find a better place to ask, so here it is...

Do the Wii U bundles come with a digital, or a physical copy of the game in question?
I believe some bundles have digital copies (like the Wind Waker Bundle), while others (like the Mario & Luigi and Mario Kart bundles) come with retail copies. Was there any particular bundle you were thinking of?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Here's a game-specific question, specifically regarding LoZ: Ocarina of Time. I know it's not required to complete the game, but I have been really failing at rescuing Epona. I've attempted the horse races about 20 times so far, but just can't seem to win them both (Ingo seems to go faster on the second race). I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on winning those races. So far I've been trying to stick to the inside of the track, or trying to block Ingo off, or save the speed boosts for the end, but this hasn't seemed to work. I even tried to "cheat" by shooting him with an arrow, but that didn't work either.

Zachmac

Here's a game-specific question, specifically regarding LoZ: Ocarina of Time. I know it's not required to complete the game, but I have been really failing at rescuing Epona. I've attempted the horse races about 20 times so far, but just can't seem to win them both (Ingo seems to go faster on the second race). I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on winning those races. So far I've been trying to stick to the inside of the track, or trying to block Ingo off, or save the speed boosts for the end, but this hasn't seemed to work. I even tried to "cheat" by shooting him with an arrow, but that didn't work either.
Use all of your speed boost except the last one whenever the meter becomes completely full. Epona needs at least on "carrot" at the bottom of the screen, or else the rest of the carrots will take longer to refill.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
I am not sure if this is the right fourm. I need help. I when to gamestop to get the event for mega stone for the code but they said they ran out the code and told me to contact Nintendo. Any ideas how? I want to get it before this Saturday expired. Sorry, if this is wrong post.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I'm playing through Metroid Prime 1 from the Trilogy and I have a question about Log Book Entries.

How would I go about getting entries for things I missed that are one-time scans, such as bosses?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
You can't. If you miss a one-time only scan, that's it. No 100% completion. Same holds true for the other 2 Primes.

That's why one should be ready to scan a boss immediately, and in all the phases of the boss battle. Luckily, most of the bosses have a period of nonactivity where you can scan them and be done with it. The only exception is the second boss, the War Wasp Hive, since they're constantly pestering you and flying around everywhere. Just gotta have quick draw fingers.

Torpoleon

You can't. If you miss a one-time only scan, that's it. No 100% completion. Same holds true for the other 2 Primes.

That's why one should be ready to scan a boss immediately, and in all the phases of the boss battle. Luckily, most of the bosses have a period of nonactivity where you can scan them and be done with it. The only exception is the second boss, the War Wasp Hive, since they're constantly pestering you and flying around everywhere. Just gotta have quick draw fingers.
That sucks. However, aren't Log Book entries shared between Normal & Hard mode in the Trilogy? Wouldn't I be able to get the entries I missed there, with them showing up as obtained in Normal as well?