1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Nintendo Game Help Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Flaming Torchic, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Nibbles4Ever

Nibbles4Ever 1 more day ^^

Hi. Does the microphone for gamecube work on the wii? I just bought one on ebay to use for mario party 6 which I also bought. I assume it's for that version not just 7?

2. Feline

Feline Why?

I have two really dumb 2DS questions. My 3DS was ... sucking a lot so I bought a 2DS to replace it. I just wanted to start fresh ya know...so I set up this thing called a Nintendo ID I think? I know I didn't spend any money setting up this thing, but I went through so many steps that i'm afraid I did. They asked for my email...MY FRIGGIN EMAIL! And I had to check my email for a confirmation code to put into my 2DS! Then I had to delete the email so my parents wouldn't find it. I'm horrible at technology which goes without saying. So my two questions are...

1. Did I spend money? Please with great details explain how this went down cause my parents will have my head if I spent money.
    2. How do I change my "Nickname" on my ID. I have my ID, but my nickname turned automatically to my real name so I don't know how that happened...

Thanks so much in advance for answering. I really need help here.

3. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

If you didn't put in a credit card number - and you didn't - they could not have possibly taken any money from you. And that's independent of the fact that no, setting up a Nintendo Network ID does not cost any money.

I believe you can change your "nickname" using the website, which is my.nintendo.com

4. Feline

Feline Why?

Oh cool! You rock dude! Thanks for saving my hide lol! :D

5. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I have a question about the Virtual Console; I know that SNES games need the new Nintendo 3DS. However is the Nintendo Switch able to access SNES games through the 3DS?

6. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

The Nintendo Switch can't do anything "through" the 3DS. There's no link.

7. RedJirachi

Sorry, typo. Again, the question is if the Nintendo Switch has a virtual console, and if so can it play SNES games?

8. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Virtual Console has not yet launched on the Switch, but it will eventually, and when it does, there is no reason that I know of that it wouldn't be able to play Super Nintendo games.

9. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

There's no Virtual Console right now, but when it does eventually arise, there's nothing that would suggest it can't handle at least what the Wii/Wii U Virtual Console could handle.

10. MiloticTwins

MiloticTwins Well-Known Member

No more GHTV songs for Wii U version of Guitar Hero: Live?

Hey, guys. Did you know if you think that they stopped adding new GHTV songs for Guitar Hero: Live? This is because the Wii U production as already ended.

11. Unova Yorker

Unova Yorker City Girl

I'm buying a Switch tomorrow, my store finally isn't sold out of them. The issue is that I don't own a TV in my room, and can't just hook up my system to my roommate's TV. I never used a Switch or seen one in person at all. My question is do I need a TV to use the system; or do I need a TV after I buy it to set it up? The first thing I want to do is get Sonic Mania, do I need to be in TV mode or whatever to buy it? Is there any set up where a TV is needed period. I really could use the help and I didn't know if I should start a whole thread on this Considering I need help involving Nintendo, I figured this works. Thanks so much in advance guys.

12. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

you don't need a TV to play or set up. Some games actually only work in handheld mode. Having a TV just allows you to play on a bigger screen and with a more traditional controller.

The Switch comes with a dock. The dock has a port for an HDMI cable to hook up to your TV, and a port for the Switch charger. Using the dock is entirely optional. You can plug the charger directly into the Switch, or you can use the dock just for charging and ignore the HDMI cable if you don't have a TV to connect it to.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Unova Yorker

Unova Yorker City Girl

Volt does it again, thank you! So excited now! =)

14. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

I know the One Piece game is coming out next week, what I don't know is where can I get it from. Is it getting a physical release?

15. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

i havent logged into my PGL account for a few months and have forgotten the password. i sent a forgot/reset password request but im having some issues, some due to my habits and others im not sure of. one is the player ID, im not sure what it means. the other is my fault altogether, the birthdate i put in there is never my actual b-day so i get flustered trying to remember which false one i put in there. is there anyway that i can try using my old password (if i remember it) to login in and if not then what are my options to get back into my PGL account?

EDIT: i figured out/remembered my password and logged in.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  16. RedJirachi

Does the Nintendo Switch have Virtual Console? Can I play SNES from the virtual console on it?

17. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Not currently, but they've said it will come eventually, and when it does, there's no doubt that you'll be able to play Super Nintendo games on it.

18. KibaLG8

KibaLG8 Well-Known Member

Not sure if in the right place but I am playing Minecraft Bedrock Edition on the Switch. Is anyone familiar with commands? What i want to do is in adventure mode to allow an iron sword & diamond sword to destroy a shulker box and then allowed to be able to place the shulker box. Does anyone know the command? I tried /give BCMROC iron_sword 1 0 :(CanDestroy:[shulker_box])

Ive seen people add minecraft: itemname and (CanDestroy:[“minecraft:itemname”]) but for me it doesn’t work still. Can anyone let me know what i am missing?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  19. Magical Pokemon

Magical Pokemon I love Care Bears!

Can someone help me with Piczle Lines Dx on the Nintendo Switch? I'm stuck on Story Mode Chapter 3 with the third puzzle, an autumn-leafed tree. There's no solutions online for this game, and the puzzles are getting tough.

20. RedJirachi

Can the Nintendo Switch handle Virtual Console games of SNES games like Yoshi's Island or Mega Man X1-3?