• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Game Help Thread

Torpoleon

Since I'm the most recent porter in the Splatoon thread and can't double post, I'll ask here.

Anybody know where the ninth zapfish is? I just beat level 8 and can't find the final zapfish to get to the boss. Odd because I best all prior levels too.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out.

Last edited:
I hope this is the right place. Got a question about the game boy advanced sp. Can you play third generation pokemon games on the game boy advanced sp?

You can play all the Hoenn games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald) and Firered/Leafgreen as well as Gold, Silver, Crystal, Yellow, Blue and Red on the sp. Anything after those games you cannot play on it.

Torpoleon

About Super Mystery Dungeon? how do you choose your hero and Partner's gender?
I just started the game myself but I'm guessing it is when you decide if you want them to be cool or cute.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Hey guys, can someone make a list with the Bros. Attacks locations in Paper Jam? I'm about to complete Gloomy Woods (2nd run, just defeated King Boo) and I think I have missed one of Luigi's Bros attacks. Here are the Bros Attacks I have gathered so far:

Mario: 3D Red Shell, the Rocket one, Bomb Derby and the Cannonball.

Luigi: Fire Flower, the Drill and the Drop-something.

I know it hasn't released in the US, but any help would be appreciate.

Edit: Never mind, I found it. I was on the correct path all along it seems.

Last edited:

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
hyrule warriors

can anyone give me some advice on the following adventure mode levels of hyrule warriors:

adventure mode map square 2-8

twillight map square 6-14

other than levelling up and getting new weapons?

KillerDraco

can anyone give me some advice on the following adventure mode levels of hyrule warriors:

adventure mode map square 2-8

twillight map square 6-14

other than levelling up and getting new weapons?

Since there's no sense of consistency with people identify squares in the HW maps (some start at the bottom for the Y axis, while others start at the top), identify the Adventure Map square in question on this map:

YZ9r4El.png

Although in all fairness a lot of HW maps really come down to level and weapon to ensure you're doing enough damage to meet the kill count without sacrificing the time rank, and of course being timely with your dodges so you can avoid having your damage taken rank blow up.

Specific strategies for the map will come down to making sure we're talking about the right square.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
Since there's no sense of consistency with people identify squares in the HW maps (some start at the bottom for the Y axis, while others start at the top), identify the Adventure Map square in question on this map:

YZ9r4El.png

Although in all fairness a lot of HW maps really come down to level and weapon to ensure you're doing enough damage to meet the kill count without sacrificing the time rank, and of course being timely with your dodges so you can avoid having your damage taken rank blow up.

Specific strategies for the map will come down to making sure we're talking about the right square.

so I actually mean adventure map B-8 and twillight F-14

but I already finished B-8 and I already discovered that you won't beat F-14 with a lv 25 midna so never mind I think levelling and getting new weapons is the only option

Feline

Why?
I don't know if this belongs here, but my question involves the 3DS. How do I delete digital games/apps off the hardware? Thanks in advance.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Feline

Why?
Thanks. I didn't need to delete a lot, but I did get a little more space. :)

EDIT: Another question. There's a "Save - Data Backup" option. What does this mean? When I tap it, it gives me three options.
-Backup
-Restore
-Delete

Can you tell me about these options?

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have a question about the game breaking glitch in Other M.

Putting aside the idea that many people have disdain for this game, when the glitch happens, couldn't you just start the game over.

In contrast, Skyward Sword has that update that can fix the glitch, but that game takes much longer to complete. According to howlongtobeat.com, Other M takes 13 hours (no speedrun) while Skyward Sword, under those conditions, takes 60 hours.

Edit: Also, it wouldn't be like Pokemon where you get unique "rolls" every time you play the game.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
So, has anyone grabbed Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3? I believe the game is already out in Japan and I fear it won't make it out of its home country, which is a shame, because the game looks beautiful and I'd like to play it. Do you think there is a chance? The previous two entries were Japan exclusive...

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Got a unique situation here, I THINK this is the best place to post (aside from registering an account at rudefaqs.com or some random site).

I just purchased a N3DS that comes with SML3D bundled. I have 2 other 3DS, original and XL. Let's call them as such:

Original = A
XL = B
N3DS = C

I wish to do some data transferring. In the end I want B>C and A> B leaving A an empty extra 3DS.

I was told that if I wish to system transfer onto C and keep the SMB3 game, I must do it before I register a nintendo ID account on the C system (verify maybe?). I haven't actually booted the system up yet.

However, I do not want the bundled game on the N3DS in the end, I wish to have it on the XL. Would this be the best way to transfer the data around?

A> C, install game, C>A, B>C, A>B

I understand there is a 7 day limit. How would that affect this transferring plan? At what points will I be blocked from transferring data?

EDIT: So this sucks.

You cannot transfer N3DS to 3DS at all, so the entire plan is moot. Also, for anyone who needs to know, a 3DS involved in ANY of the transferring (give or take) is prevented from giving/taking data for a week. Oh well, better than a 5 time limit.

Last edited:

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
So this is less a game help question than a console help question, but I couldn't figure out any other place to ask it.

I have a copy of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle which I've been playing on my Wii, but whenever I turn it on it says "Please insert a memory card into Slot A." I can play the game without a Memory Card, I just can't save any data. The thing is, I have an SD card in the Wii's memory card slot. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
GameCube cards are at the minimum like 10 years old and like 15 at the max. It's possible your card failed or the slot reader fail. I'd stick in in slot 2 and see if you load the data from that. If not, format it. If that doesn't work, it's done.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I have a copy of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle which I've been playing on my Wii, but whenever I turn it on it says "Please insert a memory card into Slot A." I can play the game without a Memory Card, I just can't save any data. The thing is, I have an SD card in the Wii's memory card slot. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

You need a GameCube memory card to save data for GameCube games. SD cards won't work.

Houka

Smash Bros U: I have only 3 more challenges left, with that being said any Marth Setup that would be good for his 9.0 speed run? His counter seem good for the Master Core (the tow annoying phases anyway). I got really closes of beating the one life 9.0 challenge with Bowser (if i didn't slipped into the acid toward the end it would have been done months ago. The last one is just destroying a number of blocks ion trophy rush, kinda saving my money for that one last.