• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Network Help Thread

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
Ahh, I keep on getting Error Code: 20100 now.
No microwaves on, or w/e.
Two laptops on, but I get to connect before.

granbull guy

Vasoline
Every time I try to set it up it says
"The acsess point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help visit supportnintendo.com" I get on that website but I still cant find help!
Help me please I want wifi sooooo bad!

BCVM22

You're attempting to connect to an access point using a security protocol other than WEP. Either change the router's (I'm presuming you're attempting to use a router) security settings or... no, that's pretty much it.

If these are not familiar terms to you, you need more help than this thread can offer.

Manaphy

kyaaa
Hey guys I need some help! I have the lamest wireless modem ever and it does not let my DS connect to wifi... So I am resort to buying a WiFi USB connector. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one to buy? Sorry if I am asking in the wrong place...

Thanks

BCVM22

There's only one that works with Nintendo's products and it has long since been discontinued. You might find one in an out-of-the-way shop somewhere, but the odds of that decrease with every day gone by.

BCVM22

I plan to purchase one online... do you have a picture of what it looks like?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/06/Nintendo_Wi-Fi_USB_Connector.jpg

Again, however, this has long since been discontinued and I would be appropriately weary of any you find online, particularly ones not from a reputable retailer.

Also are there generic versions?

http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module2/76134/wii_wifi_max_box_qjpreviewth.jpg

masterkaaos

It's a Trainers Life
i have a serious problem, its not wi-fi related, or maybe it is idk, all i know is it wont load my game anymore, all i get is "a communication error has occorred. if you were in the union room you will be returned there. in all other cases, you will be returned to wherever you last saved. please press the A button"

ok so i press A and both my touch screen and top screen go white, and nothing else.

however thats not all, i tried my game in my sisters DS and it works fine, and i try her game in my DS and it still has a problem, so it has to be the DS....

someone please help, idk whats wrong, but theres a Rare Candy or a Master Ball in it for whoever helps me get it working

MrLeaf

I would really like to wi-fi trade/battle, but I have been having numerous problems as of lately. Here is mt situation:

-I am fairly new to the online scene, but I have done several online battles/trades with members from this site before.
-Recently I have been getting the 8420 error code (I believe that is the number, the one saying there is a firewall by one or more parties likely preventing the connection) during both trades and battles over the wi-fi
-Furthermore, I have been able to consistently log onto the GTS and make successful trades on the GTS, showing that my wi-fi on my DS (and my home system) is working properly.
-I have tried disabling my "windows firewall" from my computer, and this has not improved anything.
-There have been no notable changes in my system between the time when I was able to do some trades (albeit extremely unreliably) and now when I am 100% unable.

I would really like to be able to consistently get on wi-fi, and as I am in my last year of college, I would like it to be a quick and non-tedious matter as I don't have extreme amounts of time. If anyone has any suggestions to modify my computer or wireless setup, let me know and I would be greatly appreciated. There is a good-natured shiny pokemon for anyone who can help me consistently connect to wi-fi.

THANKS A LOT!!

Last edited:

Double-oh-Platypus

I need a bit of Wi-Fi help here. Whenever I go to connect to my Wi-Fi today, the bars fill right up and its green. I sit there waiting for a bit and then suddenly the bar drops to empty and it turns red. Two seconds later the screen pops up saying it can't connect. I find this weird as I can connect any other day and my computer is also hooked up to the router and has no problem connecting. Can I get a bit of help please?

P.S. If this is answered after I get my Wi-Fi back, that's fine. I would just like to know what's going on -_-"

MechaLugia

Misses Toonami
Please HELP!!!

So I'm trying to set up Wi-Fi for my DS at home and it sent me an error code #51100 so I looked it up on the Nintendo help page and it told me to "change your SSID broadcast setting to "Yes" or "Enable"" How do I do this? Please help. I use Windows 7 by the way.

MechaLugia

Misses Toonami
Now it say that the the security settings are not supported.

MechaLugia

Misses Toonami
Now it say that the the security settings are not supported.

Pokejon

Hey everyone. I'm from the UK (England to be exact) and I'm trying to access wifi but I am unable to because of my routers security settings. I was wondering if anyone else in the UK knew of any restraunts/ coffee shops/ cafes etc. that allow the ds to connect to their free wifi? I have tried a few places like mcdonalds and wetherspoons but you need log on information at those places. Any shop names to try would be so so helpful!

Thanks in advanced, Pokejon!

Pokejon

Hey everyone. I'm from the UK (England to be exact) and I'm trying to access wifi but I am unable to because of my routers security settings. I was wondering if anyone else in the UK knew of any restraunts/ coffee shops/ cafes etc. that allow the ds to connect to their free wifi? I have tried a few places like mcdonalds and wetherspoons but you need log on information at those places. Any shop names to try would be so so helpful!

Thanks in advanced, Pokejon!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Hmm... I tried getting on wi-fi at my local restaurant and I couldn't. It was Wayport wireless and I even tried inputting a WEP key and it was a no go.

First it would go to green (the bars) as if it would work ok... but then it switched to red (the bars).

Anyone else having similar issues with free wireless?

BCVM22

Any number of free wireless connections have a ToS page you must accept using a browser. This renders them useless to a DS.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Any number of free wireless connections have a ToS page you must accept using a browser. This renders them useless to a DS.

The one I was on didn't have that. It just wouldn't let me on. So, I guess I'll be getting ahold of Wayport about it.

And I made sure to check out where any other hotspots were as back ups.

Man it stinks not having wi-fi at home :(.

MaskedManAbsolkid

I've been getting an error with my WiFi. I use the WiFi USB Connector (which is awful, but it's my only way of getting WiFi), and the DS recognises the connector, but when it connects, three bars appear, then go off about 6 seconds later. I then get Error Code 52103. I looked this up and used all the advice, but none of it helped. It used to connect me to WiFi, but now it doesn't. I've tried my original DS and my DSi, but neither worked. Anyone got any advice?