• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Network Help Thread

psychic_pokemon_master

Legendary Trainer
i have no idea why i can't can't to the nintendo wifi on pokemon soul silver, i've entered everthing in correctly - SSID,WEP key, and it still pops up Error:51300 "Unable to connect to an access point" no matter how many times i keep re-entering everything but the internet's fine because i can connect to the wii shop and what not on my wii....could the ds be damaged and need repairs? or is something else going on that i can't figure out, please help both me and my brother are having the same problem and need to solve this before the "yellow forest event" ends

juanda95

Does the Nintendo DS (Not DSi) support Wi-Fi with WPA/WPA2 encription???

It's because when I have the WPA/WPA2 activated, it says that "Your connection type is not supported" but with WEP works perfect :S.

Thanks.

equustel

I would really like to wi-fi trade/battle, but I have been having numerous problems as of lately. Here is mt situation:

-I am fairly new to the online scene, but I have done several online battles/trades with members from this site before.
-Recently I have been getting the 8420 error code (I believe that is the number, the one saying there is a firewall by one or more parties likely preventing the connection) during both trades and battles over the wi-fi
-Furthermore, I have been able to consistently log onto the GTS and make successful trades on the GTS, showing that my wi-fi on my DS (and my home system) is working properly.
-I have tried disabling my "windows firewall" from my computer, and this has not improved anything.
-There have been no notable changes in my system between the time when I was able to do some trades (albeit extremely unreliably) and now when I am 100% unable.

I believe the error code MrLeaf is referring to is 86420, because I've the same problem, too. The person with whom I was trading simply got a generic "The connection has failed" message, while I got the aforementioned error. I've tried turning off my router and changing its channel, like some websites have advised, but to no avail.

Help, please?

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
I keep getting the same error! Even when my computer is completely turned off!

Ash^_^

I got a feeling...
i have no idea why i can't can't to the nintendo wifi on pokemon soul silver, i've entered everthing in correctly - SSID,WEP key, and it still pops up Error:51300 "Unable to connect to an access point" no matter how many times i keep re-entering everything but the internet's fine because i can connect to the wii shop and what not on my wii....could the ds be damaged and need repairs? or is something else going on that i can't figure out, please help both me and my brother are having the same problem and need to solve this before the "yellow forest event" ends
I have same Problem with you but the error is 5200 and my game is Heart gold.Im trying connect since yesterday and still i cant -_-

Belhene

*Grey Warden*
Does the Nintendo DS (Not DSi) support Wi-Fi with WPA/WPA2 encription???

It's because when I have the WPA/WPA2 activated, it says that "Your connection type is not supported" but with WEP works perfect :S.

Thanks.

No. Nintendo DS doesn't support WPA/WPA2; DSi does.

padlock13

Could someone who knows that they are able to trade over WiFi using friendcodes please try and trade with me. I keep getting error 86420 when I try to trade over WiFi friendcodes, though trading over GTS works fine.
I just want to see if the problem is on my end

Utahraptor

Fossil Trainer
I've been trying to access wifi for the upcoming event on my DSi. How do I get to the area where I can recieve the event Pokemon/item? Is it through Mystery Gift or something else? Are there any outside requirements that need to be met?

Tubey84

I've been trying to access wifi for the upcoming event on my DSi. How do I get to the area where I can recieve the event Pokemon/item? Is it through Mystery Gift or something else? Are there any outside requirements that need to be met?

Latios/Latias is received via Mystery Gift. You'll receive an Enigma Stone from a Pokemart, which you take to the Pokemon Museum to have analysed.

I'm not sure on the requirements - I've read somewhere you need to have received the National Pokedex but that may or may not be true.

Utahraptor

Fossil Trainer
Latios/Latias is received via Mystery Gift. You'll receive an Enigma Stone from a Pokemart, which you take to the Pokemon Museum to have analysed.

I'm not sure on the requirements - I've read somewhere you need to have received the National Pokedex but that may or may not be true.

I have the National Pokedex, yet for some reason, my DSi can't find the event when I connect to wireless. I've heard that you have to have three people connect to it at once. Is this true?

BCVM22

I've heard that you have to have three people connect to it at once. Is this true?

What? Of course not. What sense would that make?

If you're using a DSi, I'd bet you're connecting to a WPA-secured connection. That's fine for the DSi, but not for your HG/SS game of choice, because they aren't optimized to use the enhancements the DSi offers. You'll need to change your connection to WEP or just do what I do because I'm not permanently compromising my wireless security just for a video game, which is disable the security entirely for the 2 minutes it will take to obtain the item and then re-enable the security and move on.

Aurath8

Ive tried to access wi-fi but my DSi XL only supports WEP but it needs WPA-PSK or something like that. Because of this high level of security I can't access wi-fi. Do I need a Nintendo USB adaptor?
Oddly I can access the internets and can still download software from DSiware.

wac1103

I need help with getting wifi because every time I try search access point and it keeps saying there is no point supported by nintendo. If I try manual setup I can't find everything like the secondary dns it never shows up in config/all this. Now I had it working on the network before but it got switched and now it wont work. any ideas?

Metal Mania1321

Stick em' up
Hey I've been trying to connect to a public access point on my DSi and no matter where I go it never works. I've tried resturants, hotels, etc. but it never works. I will have 3 bars then they all dissappear at the last second.
I've missed many events because of this. Can anyone help me?

nobodymove

Can't put it down!!!
Wi-fi help

Where and how much is a nintendo wi-fi USB connector?

BCVM22

Nowhere and more than it's worth. The official models were discontinued over a year ago.

For what you would have spent on such a device, you can add just a few more dollars and buy a solid wireless router, which is more dependable, more versatile and more compatible than Nintendo's device.

nobodymove

Can't put it down!!!
and if i was to plug that in to a pc or a laptop, would i be able to easily connect my wii or ds to it?

theraggedyman

Pokemon Caretaker
Okay so, my laptop doesn't support Wi-Fi and I want to access the GTS for Pokemon HG/Pt
1) I've tried to hunt down a used DS/Wii USB Connector, (finally having it delivered from a store 4 hours away), only to discover that a) it needs a disc, and b) Windows 7 doesn't support it.
2) I've finally find a Wi-Fi Hotspot only to get Error Code: 61020.
I'm about to snap, can anyone help?