• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Network Help Thread

Aurath8

Well I tried with an English HGSS that I bought last July. My DSi XL is also an English one bought july 2010. I have not found the option for WPA/WPA2. I tried connecting to wi-fi through the DSi menu but it failed again so it seems nintendo has screwed XL users over by not giving us WPA/WPA2.
It still baffles me how my Wii can connenct to wifi and internets which I bought in '07 while my DS from 2010 can connect to internets too but not wifi.

BCVM22

Well I tried with an English HGSS that I bought last July.

Which, as I mentioned, is your key error: most DS titles are not programmed to be able to use WPA connections, completely regardless of what model of DS you're using. All five core Pokémon titles of the 4th generation fall into that category.

I have not found the option for WPA/WPA2. I tried connecting to wi-fi through the DSi menu but it failed again so it seems nintendo has screwed XL users over by not giving us WPA/WPA2.

Except that the DSi - and thus the XL as well - can in fact use WPA connections.

Come now, where does your thought process lead you? That they downgraded functionality from one model to another, particularly when the latter is just the former with bigger screens, or that you're simply doing something wrong? What seems more likely?

Haxy

legendary spooky silke
I wonder how one minimises long-distance communication lag and/or transfer speed issues? The battle lag in my games can sometimes end up unacceptably long and the connection sometimes even drops. At least I can connect to the Internet and the WFC.

I use a wireless ADSL modem which also works as a wireless router (no router functionality for wired LAN). (Do I need to provide the brand and model? If so, it's RIGER DB108-WL) It's set up for WEP.

Strangely, my desktop and laptop are working fine with the connection.

*Is using a DSi*

Glacrwlf

Pokémon Trainer
I have a problem with my Nintendo DSi. I won't let me connect to Wifi Clubs. I keep getting error code "52100". But I have the right settings and the signal is INITIALLY green, but it becomes red after a long time. What should I do?

GoldNinja

Breeder
What should I do about error code 50000? I have filled in all the required information except secondary DNS which I don't appear to have.. Could this prevent me getting through or is my other info filled in incorrectly? I appreciate any help you can give me! :D

Jarooda33441

Master Trainer
My wifi just wont work!!!

Wi-Fi not working? Have no idea how to get a friend code? Well, if the answer to a wi-fi question you have isn't answered in your instruction manual, then ask it here, and you'll most likely get it answered.

Actually, I have a question. I'm using a D-Link router for wi-fi. I had perfect connection like always this morning, yet for some reason, I can't connect. o_O

i have a linksys router and whenever i try to connect to the internet on my dsi it wont even show up my router. i click search again multiple times it still wont show up. Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zozo1999

has left Serebii
I need help getting internet working on my DSi. I got it set up, and it works for my Internet Browser and Flipnote Studio, but not for a Pokemon Games (Haven't Tested in other games yet, but it works for my DsiWare Games)

I have a Rogers Internet Hub:
Rogers_Rocket_Hub.jpg

I went to Nintendo Support and everything, It said I needed a WEP or WPA code, but It doesn't show it on the hub. Then it says to look for the code on the Router Settings on my PC, but that isn't there either

BCVM22

Generation IV Pokémon games are not optimized for the DSi and are still bound by the same Wi-Fi restrictions as they would be if played on a DS or DS Lite.

yoshi1990

Yoshi Trainer
I need help getting internet working on my DSi. I got it set up, and it works for my Internet Browser and Flipnote Studio, but not for a Pokemon Games (Haven't Tested in other games yet, but it works for my DsiWare Games)

I have a Rogers Internet Hub:
Rogers_Rocket_Hub.jpg

I went to Nintendo Support and everything, It said I needed a WEP or WPA code, but It doesn't show it on the hub. Then it says to look for the code on the Router Settings on my PC, but that isn't there either
Have you ever played a pokemon game on Wi-Fi with a normal DS or a DS Light???

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Okay, lately, I've been having problems with my DS wifi... :(

I can connect to the internet just fine. But for some reason, after I'm done battling an opponent, I always get the error code 81010. Then, it disconnects me from wifi.

And then, when I try to connect to the same person again, I don't see them online at all. They can see me, but I don't see them on wifi, even though I have their friend code. So, what's the problem? Why can't I see my opponents on wifi, after battling with them? And how can get rid of this error code?

I turned my firewall off. But it still doesn't work. And I don't know much about computers. So, should I just call the Nintendo customer support line? I don't know what to do. Please help me!!

Last edited:

xasroth

Playin' with myself er...

So in an attempt to get accurate IV rolls on my freshly hatched pokemon, I was going to "battle" myself taking advantage of the auto level system. i have 2 DS' and copies of pearl and diamond. My wifi connection works fine from either handheld when i trade/battle my friends, but when I try to wifi from the DS in my left hand to my right hand, well ...no dice. FC's are there, I see the other cart in the room and can set up the battle. When I apply with the other cart i get the pearl wants to battle! but then it hangs up for about a minute and then it says diamond appears to be busy. No error codes, it just doesn't connect to the other one. I have spent multiple hours googling and playing in router settings. At one point I even set my router to only accept certain MAC addresses (my DS') to ensure that nothing else was connected to the router, because I've seen posts that said disable other wifi devices. Both handhelds have static IPs and I've tried port forwarding and using the DMZ to no avail. I saw somewhere that the dongle allowed up to 5 DS' to access it at one time, is that the only way to "2 box" my own pokemon wifi battle? Or am I overlooking something silly?

ruroken77

Probender
im having the same problem as zozo1999 except i have a Belkin router and i can get internet on my dsi. i just cant get wifi cause of the WEP code and i dont know how to find it in the router settings.

Thor's Beard

Quick question, I have WPA encrypted wifi in my student house and want to download the events. I'm using a D-Link router and there is the option to turn off the encryption in the support menu in the browser. Before I do this, however, I was wondering if anyone knows whether the settings will revert back to their previous settings when I switch it back to WPA as I don't want to interfere with mine and my flatmates' laptop connections when turning it back on.

willypiggy

Hey folks, long time since I posted here but I need some help.
I have the official Nintendo WiFi USB adaptor I picked up a while ago and had it working fine on XP and Vista however I'm currently using 64 bit 7 and can't get it working, I googled and there doesn't seem to be a fix so I tried using it on my laptop (32bit W7) running in compatibility mode and it still doesn't work, it starts installing then gives me an error about USB ports. I guess I'm asking if anyone knows the solution to this, and if they don't then are there any USB sticks that allow the DS access? Router is out of the question since I'm living in rubbish student accommodation at the moment.
Thanks in advance.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I keep getting the stupid 51300 error and I put my wep key in exactly right DX

MewLover360

The one who is hated
I live in the UK so there are no GameStop here so where can I find public WI-FI that my DS will allow because my home internet isn't suitable...

Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector Trouble

I have a laptop with a Vodafone Dongle and was told i'd need one to get online. Someone i know got it for me but it had no disk so i downloaded the newest software and installed it. It worked fine and i was able to download an event pokemon to Pearl and SoulSilver. A few days later when i tried to connect the signal went green then red and wouldn't work. I checked and it said it had limited connectivity. I got my computer to try and diagnose the problem and it said something about not having a valid IP configuration. I've emailed Nintendo and so far i've tried:
- Switching firewalls off so nothing is blocking it. It didn't need to because the Connector is on an 'exceptions' list.
- Making sure my internet will 'allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection'
- Getting it to 'Obtain an IP adress automatically'
The first 2 didn't work and after trying the third my computer freezes when i plug the connector in. My mum went to talk to someone thinking it might be my computer and they said a laptop wasn't strong enough to use this sort of thing. Anyone have any ideas or advice?

i have a desktop with wired internet but a wireless clear motorola router and i can't setup wi-fi even though my internet is working fine

i don't know what to put in where it says SSID
but where its asking me to type the WEP key there's nothing on the bottom of my router that mentions a wep key, only:

Model No:
Input Voltage:
Part Number:
HW Version, Date Code:
S/N:
WAN MAC ID:
MFR.Number:

which have combinations of letters and numbers
i tried them all but they all don't work