• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Network Help Thread

Paradox

Irate Pirate
$%^Shiney Pokemon !@# said:
Does the nintendo wifi thing come with Diamond / Pearl or do we have to buy it seperatly?
Seperately, they only bundle things like that if it's only going to be used in a small amount of games, like the FR/LG adaptor

Then they'd probably lose all data of ever even going into the trade hall. Nintendo will figure out a way so that people can't run off with yours, actually I think the way you do it in the 3rd gen games prevents that, so...

~fuzzy out~

$

$%^Shiney Pokemon !@#

If you have a Nintendo DS and a Router how do you connect the two together?

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Hey,

I've been having problems connecting to WiFi via Animal Crossing ALL DAY - yet the other day I could get on. It likes to freeze on trying to connect to WiFi and never connects. It just keeps doing it forever...

My friend tried to connect to WiFi at her house and had the same problem.

So can someone explain to me WTF is going on?

I tested my other WiFi games and they work...

~Scott;229;

NFreak

Insert Title Here
I think I'm having the same problem, MS. I try to connect on ACWW, but it just says "Connecting to WFC, please wait a moment." My game never freezes when i try this (I know cause I can put my DS in sleep mode during this), though. It just keeps saying it's connecting. Wtf?
My other games can also still connect.

Hoshi no Kabii

Whenever I try to connect to WiFi it says no acess point in range. I even tried putting my DS ontop of my router, and still nothing.

I was on this morning. Any ideas what to do?

Edit: It fixed itself.

Last edited:

drew_the_poo

Proud Wii Owner
account a = admin
account b = limited
Ok,
I installed the Nintendo wifi USB connector on account a and It worked fine for several weeks. Then, one day, it acted as if the connector wasn't in the USB port at all. I spent two hours on the phone with Nintendo following all kinds of instructions that didn't help at all. I gave up hope. Today, while on account b, I blew into the connector and blew into the USB port and then inserted the connector. It said, "New hardware found, must be an admin to install." So tell me, do you think the USB connector was recognised because I cleaned out the connector and the USB ports, or do you think the admin account is rejecting it?

thebushmaster

PokeMaster JoeyII
Wi-Fi Selestion in Japanes

1.does any one here know what the wi-fi selection screen looks like?

2.Does any one know how to input there router password in japanes or knows what it looks like in japanes?

3.do you have to use japanes charters to in put the code or will it have a English alphabet like in the older japanes pokemon games for the gba?

4.Also can some one please post a japanes wi-fi selection screen so I can see what I would have to do to input in japanes in steed of the English!

5.do you or anyone else have a photo of what the input screen looks like(if so can you pleas post it here on serebiiforums)?

thanks thebushmaster

Last edited:

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Pokemon DP
What if someone turns off their DS in the middle of Pokemon trading process?

We obviously can't say, can we?

It can be assumed it will be the same as previous Pokemon games. All data after the last save is lost, and when you start up the game, your character will be shown coming out of the trade room.

1.does any one here know what the wi-fi selection screen looks like?

2.Does any one know how to input there router password in japanes or knows what it looks like in japanes?

3.do you have to use japanes charters to in put the code or will it have a English alphabet like in the older japanes pokemon games for the gba?

4.Also can some one please post a japanes wi-fi selection screen so I can see what I would have to do to input in japanes in steed of the English!

5.do you or anyone else have a photo of what the input screen looks like(if so can you pleas post it here on serebiiforums)?

thanks thebushmaster

1. Well, there's this big button that says "Wi-Fi Connection Settings" or something like that, and a smaller button that says "Options." The sound effects are the same as the DS menu (that "ding" sound)

3. Of course it has an English alphabet. :/

2and2makes5

I'm not sure if this is supposed to go in the Diamond and Pearl thread or not, but it should be the same situation for any Japanese and English game.
This is sort of a dumb question, but I have NEVER imported anything from anywhere in my life. If I import Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, will it work on Wi-Fi here, in the US, since it's region free? If it does, when I get the English version, will I be able to use it, even though my DS registered with the Japanese D/P, or does it not make a difference? What I'm trying to ask is, will it be able to register the same game in two different languages with 2 seperate friend codes?
Thanks in advance!

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I'm not sure if this is supposed to go in the Diamond and Pearl thread or not, but it should be the same situation for any Japanese and English game.
This is sort of a dumb question, but I have NEVER imported anything from anywhere in my life. If I import Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, will it work on Wi-Fi here, in the US, since it's region free? If it does, when I get the English version, will I be able to use it, even though my DS registered with the Japanese D/P, or does it not make a difference? What I'm trying to ask is, will it be able to register the same game in two different languages with 2 seperate friend codes?
Thanks in advance!

Hmm...you most likely will be able to use the Japanese version on US Wi-Fi. I'm 99.9% certain of it.

As for the question with the two separate friend codes, yes, you should be able to use both games using the same Wi-Fi info. You'll just get one unique friend code for each game.

I got my incompatible router working for wifi!
It's ujst really slow... Any suggestions?!

Get a compatible router?

Last edited:

poke²_rookie

completely lost

u know in nintendowifi.com in asian section it says australia, some where and some where....but it didn't say indonesia...does that mean that i live in Indonesia and i can't use nintendo wifi in indonesia? i want to play with u guyz/girlz, trade and fight and so i can't trade with u guyz/girlz??! some one help me please T_T...sorry if i messed up with the sentence cuz IM COMPLETELY CRAZYYY RIGHT NOW ! ! (btw where i live is near the hot spot...starbucks and stuff ! )

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
u know in nintendowifi.com in asian section it says australia, some where and some where....but it didn't say indonesia...does that mean that i live in Indonesia and i can't use nintendo wifi in indonesia? i want to play with u guyz/girlz, trade and fight and so i can't trade with u guyz/girlz??! some one help me please T_T...sorry if i messed up with the sentence cuz IM COMPLETELY CRAZYYY RIGHT NOW ! ! (btw where i live is near the hot spot...starbucks and stuff ! )

Wait....in the Asian section it says Australia? >_>

And if you can't find your answer on nintendowifi.com, couldn't you just check at Starbucks and see if you could go on Nintendo Wi-Fi with a game?

Als, NWFC is global, so you should be able to play.

Pokefreak

Zephyr Trainer
Can someone help me?
I'm trying to install the usb Connector and it says

Internet Connection Sharing error

Can someone tell me how to solve this?