• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo Network Help Thread

chocoboy

In School
Anyone having trouble connecting to wifi, please try using nintendo's chat service.

I'm having trouble with connecting to wifi. It keeps saying: "The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, vist support.nintendo.com."
When I'm going to support.nintendo.com i can't find any help. Please help me. I don't want to miss any Wi-Fi events!

Meowth City

Staff member
Can someone please help me out? I have inputted my Wi-Fi settings on both my Nintendo DS Lite and DSi, and on both systems - the connection tests were always successful. However when I try to connect to Game Sync, I keep getting an error code like 60210 (or something like that). I have tried using Game Sync via the main menu and through C-Gear, but keep getting the same message. I want to try out Dream World, so what should I do?

Last edited:

Dragonuser45

breeder/trader
So I have been trying to trade with someone over the wi-fi connection. I met him on serebii. The first time I traded with anyone through the wi-fi club it worked for me. But this time around everytime we try to intiate the trade and the communication bar and dial come up. I get a connection lost message. Then I get the error code 80430. I don't know I mean I looked up the code on the nintendo site. Found the how to fix it and what could be wrong. But I just don't know. I tried turning off all my wireless devices. I don't have a firewall up. Could changing the broadcast channel on the wireless possibly work?

Any input on this subject would be nice.
(also I asked him if it was his connection instead of mine. He told me he traded with other people and it worked the day of the problem.)

Frustration is imminent.

Edit: I actually just traded with someone so I don't know if it is me or him that is the problem.

Last edited:

harryheart

So I have been trying to trade with someone over the wi-fi connection. I met him on serebii. The first time I traded with anyone through the wi-fi club it worked for me. But this time around everytime we try to intiate the trade and the communication bar and dial come up. I get a connection lost message. Then I get the error code 80430. I don't know I mean I looked up the code on the nintendo site. Found the how to fix it and what could be wrong. But I just don't know. I tried turning off all my wireless devices. I don't have a firewall up. Could changing the broadcast channel on the wireless possibly work?

Any input on this subject would be nice.
(also I asked him if it was his connection instead of mine. He told me he traded with other people and it worked the day of the problem.)

Frustration is imminent.

Edit: I actually just traded with someone so I don't know if it is me or him that is the problem.

Having the exact same problem as stated here

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I can't connect to any of the wifi I try to log onto anymore for some reason, they all say they dont support the DS, even though I can still connect to them, is there something I have to tinker with on the DS so that it can work? I only had this problem when I started playing with black. The wifi connections dont have a TOS acceptance thingy as far as I know as they all used to work. I need to make my dream world thing too

Tsutaja1996

I don't have so much a problem, just need confirmation.

So my dad had to block my DSi from accessing the Router's Wi-Fi, because one of my neighbours keeps on trying to access our Wi-Fi Connection and change the password, so he had to put it on a high security level so that only the Computers in our house can use it.

Because of this, I have though about going to a public Wi-Fi spot, such as McDonalds or a Library so I can use the GTS and Random Matchup. Does anyone here use these public Wi-fi spots often, and if so does the DS Wi-Fi work in these spots? Thanks in advance :)

BCVM22

Likely not. Most public Wi-Fi connections require the user to accept a ToS in a browser before they can use the connection. That's fine for a laptop or other devices; not so much for the DS.

Zibdas

not bad
I've found that the 3DS works fine in thjese situations. My DSlite has worked well in these times too, but I don't know about DSis.

Tsutaja1996

Likely not. Most public Wi-Fi connections require the user to accept a ToS in a browser before they can use the connection. That's fine for a laptop or other devices; not so much for the DS.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but what is a ToS?

BCVM22

"Terms of Service". It's the screen with an "Accept" (or similarly named) button that essentially has you promising you won't use the public place's Wi-Fi for anything immoral, illegal or the like.

carrete

Monty Hall
I already know I'm going to sound like a n00b. Ok, so I made an account on here a while back to trade, but I had Wi-Fi Club problems so I fell off the face of the earth. Now one of my best friends (and biggest rivals) moved across the state :(. What it used to do was let me see people and try to talk to them, but we both ended up getting disconnected. I tried tweaking my router settings, but that didn't work. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Carrete

~Lati~

Or not :/
This has probably been asked already, but how do your find your own Friend Code in Platinum and White?

tombux

as my ds can not get my wifi but my wii can, if i get a 3ds will it work on wifi?

Gold-Kaiser

Shiny-mad-or-am-I !
HELP! everytime i go on a game that dowloads something such as pokemon white dream world wake up and DQIX DQVC i get error code 31020 and the message download failed, also ivw had it for a month now so help is appreciated, thouhg it was temporary :D

Hi! I'm not sure if this has been asked before, so just PM me if it's another boring question...

Anyway, I'm having connection trouble. After poking around forever, I got my DS lite to connect to a Mac Airport Express connection with WEP security. However, now I'm trying to get my shiny new 3DS to do the same, and it won't work on the same settings.

Has anyone had this problem before? I'd really like it if they can both work on the same connection...

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Jesus christ man cant find any WEP securities that dont have a TOS service. Should I buy one of those nintendo ATT router thingies?

Better than making some weak public security with a new router ?_?

Are the security sections different on the 3DS? LIke It can use WAP2 connections?

BCVM22

Just like the DSi and the XL, the 3DS can use up to WPA2 connections, yes. Perhaps equally importantly, Black and White are DSi-optimized, meaning that they too can take advantage of that compatibility, unless the five Generation IV titles.

If your DS unit of choice isn't WPA-compatible and you don't wish to weaken your router security on a permanent basis - a decision I completely agree with - what I've found works just as well is to completely disable your router security for the short periods of time required to download an event or complete a trade or battle. When you're done, just re-enable your security. No muss, no fuss.