• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo "What Game Should I Get?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjit

Banned
Smile Guy made a thread like this which is now about 2 months old. But unlike his thread, this is just a thread for people to stop making threads like "What Game Should I Get?" and for them to ask. Smile Guy's thread listed recommendable games to get. But enough comparisons.

If you don't know what game you want to get for a Nintendo console/handheld, this is the place for you! Just list some games you're thinking of buying and we'll help you decide! It'd also help if you listed the games you own for the console, or link to a page where it has a list (IGN Collection, .txt file, etc.). You don't need to do that, but it helps a lot!

Here's a little example and real question from me:
I'm considering importing a few games, and I need to know what. I want Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!, Pocket Monsters Diamond, Jump Superstars (should I wait for Jump Ultimate Stars?) or Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (US, cheaper than getting it in New Zealand), Trauma Center (US) or Final Fantasy III. I have been thinking of getting a DS Lite (Enamel Navy), but I don't know whether to buy the Asian one (220v) or the Japanese one (110v). I know that if I get the Japanese one I will have to buy this or this. I don't know if I have to for the Asian one though, since I'm 230v and that one is 220v. I'm buying from Lik-Sang, and although it's a little more expensive, it has free shipping which makes it cheaper in the long run. My Nintendo Games list is located here if you want to suggest any other games. Pricing isn't too much of a problem, but I probably can only afford one.

Zora

perpetually tired
Out of those, I would recommend FFIII, but (Get it in a langauge you can speak) simply because it will probably be longer. Wi-Fi is the most gimicy Wi-Fi I have ever seen, so if you don't have Wi-Fi, it is definatly not the end of the world.

So on the game, that is what I would recomment.

Now, my problem:

FFIII or Yoshi's Island DS in November? (I will get the other one later)

Ninjit: go with Jump! Ultimate Stars
Zora: go with Yoshi's Island DS

Out of those, I would recommend FFIII, but (Get it in a langauge you can speak) simply because it will probably be longer. Wi-Fi is the most gimicy Wi-Fi I have ever seen, so if you don't have Wi-Fi, it is definatly not the end of the world.

So on the game, that is what I would recomment.

Now, my problem:

FFIII or Yoshi's Island DS in November? (I will get the other one later)

If you're a Mario fan get Yoshi's Island DS. If you really like FF then get FFIII.

Time for my sister's problem.

She's getting a Pink DS lite tomorrow.

The only thing is she can't decide between Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon, Nintendogs Dalmation version, and Super Princess Peach.

Also she's never played a Nintendogs game before if that helps.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
I'm considering importing a few games, and I need to know what. I want Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!, Pocket Monsters Diamond, Jump Superstars (should I wait for Jump Ultimate Stars?) or Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (US, cheaper than getting it in New Zealand), Trauma Center (US) or Final Fantasy III.
Ouendan by a mile, it's so different and you'll never be able to get it outside of Japan (unless you count the dodgy looking Elite Beat Agents), it doesn't require any knowledge of the Japanese language either. Easily one of the best games I've ever played

Time for my sister's problem.

She's getting a Pink DS lite tomorrow.

The only thing is she can't decide between Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon, Nintendogs Dalmation version, and Super Princess Peach.

Also she's never played a Nintendogs game before if that helps.

If she's dead set on just getting one of those 3 and nothing else, tell her that Nintendogs is her best bet.

Ninjit

Banned
I'll also suggest Nintendogs for the reason that it will last your sister quite a while. Even though there isn't much to do in the game, what is there is most certainly very fun. There's lots of tricks to learn, lots of items to obtain, etc..

EDIT: About my situation, I'm considering getting Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! more than FFIII. I do like Final Fantasy games, but I've bought Neverwinter Nights online and it should be here in a few days, so I'll be stuck into that on the Console/PC side and it'll most definately satisfy me on the RPG side.

Last edited:

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Ahh... the successor to my thread...

Ninjit said:
Here's a little example and real question from me:
I'm considering importing a few games, and I need to know what. I want Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!, Pocket Monsters Diamond, Jump Superstars (should I wait for Jump Ultimate Stars?) or Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (US, cheaper than getting it in New Zealand), Trauma Center (US) or Final Fantasy III. I have been thinking of getting a DS Lite (Enamel Navy), but I don't know whether to buy the Asian one (220v) or the Japanese one (110v). I know that if I get the Japanese one I will have to buy this or this. I don't know if I have to for the Asian one though, since I'm 230v and that one is 220v. I'm buying from Lik-Sang, and although it's a little more expensive, it has free shipping which makes it cheaper in the long run. My Nintendo Games list is located here if you want to suggest any other games. Pricing isn't too much of a problem, but I probably can only afford one.

As for your problem, I'd suggest you'd get Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! It has been getting literally superb acclaim from all critics across the globe and the language barrier would not be too difficult.

With Final Fantasy 3 and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, they may be awesome, unbelievable games but they are text-heavy so may be a bad idea to import from Japan. Mario Hoops 3x3 has not had very good reviews. Just my two cents (or pence, as I'm english).e

Goldliop

Powerplay Champion
question...
i'm interested in Phoenix Wright:Ace Attourney...
is it any good?

Ninjit

Banned
Definately, you should get it as soon as you can. If you like that a lot, you should import the sequel from Japan online, as it contains an english translation in-game.

DarkBlaizeken

Long time no see
If i were u i would get the animal crossin game. For the simple fact that it is soo entertaining and it has soo much variety

I have a nintendo ds lite and have mario kart ds and pokemon trozie. Now my question is should I get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue, or Mario Hoops 3 on 3?

oliver sreeves

I have a nintendo ds lite and have mario kart ds and pokemon trozie. Now my question is should I get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue, or Mario Hoops 3 on 3?

yes, especially pokemon mystery dungeon blue/red.

i'm planning on getting twilight princess for nintendo wii, when it comes out. should i get it or another realese title?

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
Twilight Princess is the most popular choice of the release titles. If you've enjoyed past Zelda games, you may as well get it. Seeing as you didn't list any other game, I guess none stood out to you. Get Twilight Princess then.

oliver sreeves

thanks, i've been playing since links awakening, but i never got the N64 titles. i have all the gb advance games and gb color games except the above title in dx form. i have wind waker and bonus disk with orcarina of time/ master quest on it---i'm up to ganons tower. destroyed/released a few spirits, not all of them yet.

Goldliop

Powerplay Champion
Mystery dungeon... i dunno, i played ranger, and that was fun but short...
Dungeon seemed slightly repetitive from the 10 mins i played it,
what makes it better than the poekmon games?

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
i'm thinking of either getting "bully " or "tony hawks project 8" . so which should i get

Wrong thread to be asking this in, since this is a Nintendo forum afterall.

I'm wondering, should I get Digimon World DS or another RPG like Final Fantasy III or Magical Starsign.

So far for Christmas I'm getting Kirby: Squeak Squad, Elite Beat Agents, and Yoshi's Island DS(should be called 2...but w/e)

~Scott;229;

Status
Not open for further replies.