• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo "What Game Should I Get?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBTransformed

ev trainer
Okay so most people either hate or enjoy Ranger. Who of you has even played it yet? (besides MidnightScott who obviously has)

MS- Is it honestly worth the price tag? I don't want to waste my hard-earned money on something that is only 15 hours long rather than putting that towards more important things (like a new car, college, etc.)

Of course I buy Diamond and I can just trade with people on the GTS for a Manaphy.

fhqwhgads

Ok. So I'm thinking I want another game(Kirby: SS, Zelda: TP, BFII, Mystery Dungeon Blue, and Zelda: MC, aren't enough for one months time, no they're not). But which one should I get? FFIII or Zelda: Four Swords(completing my Zelda collection)? Or an older game from EBGames?

fhqwhgads

Ok. So I'm thinking I want another game(Kirby: SS, Zelda: TP, BFII, Mystery Dungeon Blue, and Zelda: MC, aren't enough for one months time, no they're not). But which one should I get? FFIII or Zelda: Four Swords Adventure(completing my Zelda collection)? Or an older game from EBGames?

pokefan

Of course MD>Ranger.

Ok. So I'm thinking I want another game(Kirby: SS, Zelda: TP, BFII, Mystery Dungeon Blue, and Zelda: MC, aren't enough for one months time, no they're not). But which one should I get? FFIII or Zelda: Four Swords(completing my Zelda collection)? Or an older game from EBGames?

ffIII although this is coming from someone who is obsessed with ff and kh but doesn't care for loz much at all so you might not want to listen to me

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
RBT - well you realize that it takes years and years for a Pokémon game to drop in price. I always get like every game...except for MD Red, TCG, Puzzle Challenge, and Puzzle League...

I liked it myself, it's all based on personal opinion. Sure you may want to stab your screen if you can't catch one of the Pokémon ~ but thats when you take a break, so your not frustrated.

I'd say the game is definately worth the money...and if you think about it, it only takes like 15 hours or less to go through a Pokémon RPG's Gym Challenge...so I don't know what the big deal is.

~Scott;229;

Dragon Trainer EX

The Wanderer
Of course MD>Ranger.

Ok. So I'm thinking I want another game(Kirby: SS, Zelda: TP, BFII, Mystery Dungeon Blue, and Zelda: MC, aren't enough for one months time, no they're not). But which one should I get? FFIII or Zelda: Four Swords Adventure(completing my Zelda collection)? Or an older game from EBGames?

FFIII is a good game, but, like pokefan999, I'm not much of a Zelda fan, so I haven't played Four Swords. Get FFIII if you're into RPGs.

And IMO, MD>Ranger, but that's just me.

-DTEX

wcgold

I could be getting a Wii soon, so I obviously need some suggestions. I currently have Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on my mind, but other than that, what should I get? Trauma Center: Second Opinion is pretty much out of the picture, because I already have Under the Knife for DS, and I heard that the only gameplay difference is a couple more missions and the ability to play as a female doctor.

Edit: some DS suggestions would also be nice.

Last edited:

Comray001

IMMA FIRIN MEH LAZOR
I could be getting a Wii soon, so I obviously need some suggestions. I currently have Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on my mind, but other than that, what should I get? Trauma Center: Second Opinion is pretty much out of the picture, because I already have Under the Knife for DS, and I heard that the only gameplay difference is a couple more missions and the ability to play as a female doctor.

Edit: some DS suggestions would also be nice.

I'd still get Trauma Center though. Get Elebits, Zelda Twilight Princess, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, and Exite Truck.

DS: FFIII, New Super Mario Bros, Elite Beat Agents, Sonic Rush, Diddy Kong Racing (when it comes out), and MPH

wcgold

I'd still get Trauma Center though. Get Elebits, Zelda Twilight Princess, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, and Exite Truck.

DS: FFIII, New Super Mario Bros, Elite Beat Agents, Sonic Rush, Diddy Kong Racing (when it comes out), and MPH
Why again though? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your help, but what could possibly be different, other than new extra missions and the female doctor? Is there something I'm missing?

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
OMGOD, please don't fall for that ploy. "Ranger has Manaphy. Go out and waste money on a lame game for an egg for a game that hasn't come out yet (...in America or Europe). Nintendo snickers at your purchase."
They knew the game was lame, so they put a rare pokemon in it to entice you to waste your money. "I'll get it for Manaphy" is terrible logic, please don't act upon it. Get FFIII or Elite beat agents or Yoshi's Island DS or a game that you'll most likely enjoy. Please.
When D/P come out, just trade-trade back with somebody for the Manaphy info. It's not that great of a pokemon anyway, it looks like a fountain (to me...).
EDIT: RANKAROONI!!!!

Last edited:

Alakazam

I like cheerios.
I will either be getting a Wii in August or in December.

For my first game, I would either want:
LoZ: Twilight Princess (I know I love this game for GC)
Wii Play (May get this with the Wii for the extra Wii-mote)
Wii Music
Super Smash Bros. (Wii)
Super Mario Strikers (Wii)

Please give me choices for each time (Aug. and Dec.) and reasons. Please and thank you.

I will either be getting a Wii in August or in December.

For my first game, I would either want:
LoZ: Twilight Princess (I know I love this game for GC)
Wii Play (May get this with the Wii for the extra Wii-mote)
Wii Music
Super Smash Bros. (Wii)
Super Mario Strikers (Wii)

Please give me choices for each time (Aug. and Dec.) and reasons. Please and thank you.
Out of those, get Smash Bros. Wii Play is pretty bad, and I suspect Wii Music won't be great either. The original Strikers wasn't that good, and it'll probably have most of the problems (like framerate issues) as the original.

Twilight Princess isn't worth getting if you already have the GC version.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
My friend is having a problem choosing what he wants for his next game. He isn't registered here or at any other forum so I thought I'd ask for him. He is choosing between:

Pheonix Wright Ace Attourney: Justice for All
or
Castlevainia: Portrait of Ruin

I'm almost sure that he hasn't played a game from either franchise so he is going to be new to both of them.

RBTransformed

ev trainer
Out of those, get Smash Bros. Wii Play is pretty bad, and I suspect Wii Music won't be great either. The original Strikers wasn't that good, and it'll probably have most of the problems (like framerate issues) as the original.

agreed (except for Strikers). If you want Wii sports, buy the Wii soon. A price drop will probably occur in about half a year, which means that you can say goodby to Wii sports. I'd say August, because supposedly SSBB comes out in the third quarter (maybe fourth, no one knows for sure). Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy should be good games, but won't come out until third quarter-- probably. Wii play is bad unless you have lots of friends and remotes and money. (It's boring to play by oneself so I've heard)

Strikers II is supposed to be good. Don't get Zelda since you already have it. (< that sounded very intelligent!) Is Wii Music even coming out here? I wouldn't recommend it, then again I haven't heard anything about it since the demo...

Hope that helps!

Alakazam

I like cheerios.

I don't have it for GC. I just rented it. I love Strikers and will get that also. But, I will probably get Wii Play with it just because I must have another Wii-mote and my first game will be Smash Bros. If it is out...

My friend is having a problem choosing what he wants for his next game. He isn't registered here or at any other forum so I thought I'd ask for him. He is choosing between:

or

I'm almost sure that he hasn't played a game from either franchise so he is going to be new to both of them.

Tell him to buy Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, then Justice For All.

Mewtoo

SPPF's Castlevanic

or

I'd say tell him to get Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. It's a great Castlevania game with excellent replay value. It's a good first Castlevania game.

Status
Not open for further replies.