• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo "What Game Should I Get?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say tell him to get Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. It's a great Castlevania game with excellent replay value. It's a good first Castlevania game.

Except it'd be kinda important to play Bloodlines first.

Hell, there are a ton of other references (Richter?) in the game that won't make sense unless you play other games.

Pkm Trainer_Dewgong

Sillent Watcher
Hey folks. I'm getting Trauma Center but I don't know if I should get the DS or the Wii version. Never played none of 'em, and I'm getting just ONE. Getting both is simple out of picture.

BTW, the DS version is half the price of the Wii one [in my country], but which is better? Is the Wii version worth it?

Last edited:
Hey folks. I'm getting Trauma Center but I don't know if I should get the DS or the Wii version. Never played none of 'em, and I'm getting just ONE. Getting both is simple out of picture.

BTW, the DS version is half the price of the Wii one [in my country], but which is better? Is the Wii version worth it?
The Wii version is slightly better.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
The control scheme on the Wii is supposedly better. Just read the review on my site written by fuzzyqwilfish It's more accurate from what I've heard so it may be better to get the Wiimake instead of the DS version.

~Scott;229;

fhqwhgads

Should I get MK:DS since my Wi-Fi's back up, or should I get Trauma Center? I'm leaning to Mario Kart, as I played the demo, and it was only two courses, you had to play as Mario, and you faced three Shyguys, yet I still played it for two hours.

Should I get MK:DS since my Wi-Fi's back up, or should I get Trauma Center? I'm leaning to Mario Kart, as I played the demo, and it was only two courses, you had to play as Mario, and you faced three Shyguys, yet I still played it for two hours.

Get Trauma Center. Mario Kart gets boring quickly, and the MP is bare bones.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
Eventhough I have tons of games to play right now (FF3, RE4, etc.) I wanted to know what DS game would be fun to get.

-Phoenix Wright 2: Just for All
This might be a choice for me, I didn't play the first one, it seems fun and popular.

-Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Just saw the review and images for this game at Gamespot.com seems really interesting.

-Jump! Ultimate Stars
By far the game I want the most for the DS, the only disadvantage is that I have to export it, expensive, and I don't read Japanese, but the Japanese isn't too much of a problem.

-Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Spirits Summoner
I wouldn't get this game if it wasn't Wi-Fi. I stopped collecting the cards ages ago, and I quit the games ages ago but the Wi-Fi feature appeals to me.

If I could I would get them all, but I'm not rich. =P

Eventhough I have tons of games to play right now (FF3, RE4, etc.) I wanted to know what DS game would be fun to get.

-Phoenix Wright 2: Just for All
This might be a choice for me, I didn't play the first one, it seems fun and popular.

-Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Just saw the review and images for this game at Gamespot.com seems really interesting.

-Jump! Ultimate Stars
By far the game I want the most for the DS, the only disadvantage is that I have to export it, expensive, and I don't read Japanese, but the Japanese isn't too much of a problem.

-Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Spirits Summoner
I wouldn't get this game if it wasn't Wi-Fi. I stopped collecting the cards ages ago, and I quit the games ages ago but the Wi-Fi feature appeals to me.

If I could I would get them all, but I'm not rich. =P
Out of those, get JUS. It doesn't require any actual reading comprehension, and for the missions just use a guide.

Hotel Dusk is also a great game, and Justice For All is one of my favorites, but you'd need to play the first game first.

RBTransformed

ev trainer
fhqwhgads- Mario Kart DS is an awesome game. It's the only DS game I still play consistently (unless you include emerald). Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (vc) is so much fun. I've never played it before it came out for the Wii, and I'm loving every minute of it! I Highly recommend both.

Some people might think this is stupid, but I just bought a classic controller for my vc titles. It takes a little while to get used to, but so does every controller. (I still remember how awkward the gc controller felt at first when playing ssbm) I think it's actually a good controller overall- maybe even the best besides the fact it doesn't have an "extension" for better grip like the n64 and gc controllers.

Last edited:

roses_108

I'm thinking of trading in my ACWW as im starting to get bored any good games anyone can reccomend also note that i live in NZ so stuff like the Yu-Gi-Oh GX game an't out for me yet.

go2hell

I'd like to get a game similiar to Pokemon but not that similiar. I'd like an RPG that'll take me a long time to play, either for GBA or the DS.

I'd like to maybe play a Final Fantasy but I don't know anything about them. I've heard that each one has nothing to do with the other, which is good for me so I don't have to start from the beginning.

So which FF should I get? And are there any other games similiar to this style that someone here is in love with? I'd play those too.

Last edited:
I'd like to get a game similiar to Pokemon but not that similiar. I'd like an RPG that'll take me a long time to play, either for GBA or the DS.

I'd like to maybe play a Final Fantasy but I don't know anything about them. I've heard that each one has nothing to do with the other, which is good for me so I don't have to start from the beginning.

So which FF should I get? And are there any other games similiar to this style that someone here is in love? I'd play those too.

If you want to play a FF game, wait for FF VI Advance.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
OK, for the next game I was going to get I thought it was going to be either Brawl or MP3:Corruption, whichever one comes out first. But since I've heard nothing of either game for the longest while I was thinking of getting something else first. Here are my choices:

1. The Wind Waker
I loved this game and I beat it, but it was my friends so I never did any of the sidequests or anything. Plus I love that game so I think I should own it. I could get this at $30 (canadian) at EB games (or less if pre-owned).

2. Majora's Mask
This is the only 3D Zelda I have yet to play. I know there's the 3 days 'til you die thing, and I've heard both good and bad about this game. I could get this at a flea market for $15 or $20 (I've seen it at the flea market at my town before)

or

3. A new Wii game
All I have for the Wii is Zelda and Wii Sports so I kinda want something else, but nothing out there really interests me.

OR

I wait for Brawl and MP3:Corruption

Thick as Blood

I would recomend Hotel Dusk: Room 215 to anyone, I got it the day it came out and could not pull myself away from it. If you like mystery books or anything along those lines you should not pass this treasure up. The game play is pretty linear but it makes for an amazing story. 9/10 easily.

OK, for the next game I was going to get I thought it was going to be either Brawl or MP3:Corruption, whichever one comes out first. But since I've heard nothing of either game for the longest while I was thinking of getting something else first. Here are my choices:

1. The Wind Waker
I loved this game and I beat it, but it was my friends so I never did any of the sidequests or anything. Plus I love that game so I think I should own it. I could get this at $30 (canadian) at EB games (or less if pre-owned).

2. Majora's Mask
This is the only 3D Zelda I have yet to play. I know there's the 3 days 'til you die thing, and I've heard both good and bad about this game. I could get this at a flea market for $15 or $20 (I've seen it at the flea market at my town before)

or

3. A new Wii game
All I have for the Wii is Zelda and Wii Sports so I kinda want something else, but nothing out there really interests me.

OR

I wait for Brawl and MP3:Corruption
Play Majora's Mask. The game is amazing.

Need to know:

Any FF
Tramua Center
ACWW
anything else?

I don't know ANYTTHING about those games, but which ones should I get? There all for DS. I can get all of them if I want...

Kabuto

little punks!
New Nintendo Games to Get: Twilight Princess, Yoshis Island DS

Classics to Get: Super mario advance 2-4, nsmb, mario sunshine, Zeldas collectors edition, Zelda WW, pokemon emerald

If you have all those save your money for now. You'll want it later for better games.

Charizard master, get collectors edition, WW afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.