• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Nintendo "What Game Should I Get?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediocremaster

Mmm.. Twix...
I just wanna know if you (whoever's reading this) think I should get Sonic and the Secret Rings.

BCVM22

I just wanna know if you (whoever's reading this) think I should get Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Read the previews (and eventual reviews), look at screenshots and watch gameplay movies to decide for yourself. Don't let people on a message board tell you how to spend or not spend your money.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Don't let people on a message board tell you how to spend or not spend your money.

That's kinda what this thread is for, so if people want other people they don't know giving them advice then they can post here if they want. And he/she apparently wants to or else why would they have done it?

For Sonic and the Secret Rings I'd say that it looks like a good game if you like Sonic. I've seen some videos and it looks like pure 3D Sonic gameplay but I'm not going to get it. I've never really been that big of a Sonic fan and I also am saving my money for later 2007 releases such as Metroid Prime 3, Brawl, Diamond, and possibly Pokemon Battle Revolution and Phantom Hourglass. So if you like Sonic enough them you should get it but if you're not a big fan then maybe you should wait. That's just my advice.

Mew3

Kill `em!
I was thinking of The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Final Fantasy III. Just so you know, I never played any version of the above.

EDIT:
New rank!

Last edited:

Mew3

Kill `em!
It looks like Phantom Hourglass won't be coming out until the last quarter of this year so why not just get FFIII now and PH later. For the gap inbetween them you should get the Wind Waker. It'd be great for a first Zelda game and it leads right into PH.

I think that WW is only for Game Cube isn't it? Coz I don't have GC :( So I'll just be pleased with FFIII for now. *goes to Game and Gamestation to check for FFIII* oh great...now I gotta wait a few months until it comes out in the UK! well...I'll be all right with my Emerald now...*bangs his head on the hardest wall he could find*

Grumpig

Exams already?!
Ok, so... Rayman or Wario? Raving Rabbids or Smooth Moves? Both are mini-game... err, games, like for parties and stuff, and it wouldn't make much sense if I bought both... But I do want one of them... Those who have played both: care to give some advice on which to choose, please?

Red Steel... at all? I've heard very contrasting opinions (to be sure, I think that I'll find contrasting opinions here anyway, but...). It looks/sounds good to me, but should I save my money for something else?

And finally... Pokémon Ranger? (It may have been better on the actual "Other Pokémon Games" sub-forum, but I'm already here, anyway...) Is it fun? Is the Manaphy worth it? Is it any similar to Mystery Dungeon? 'Cause I hated that game... It wasn't fun, IMO, and even though it would be good to get a Manaphy eventually in DP, I think buying a $35 game for which the only thing that's worth it is the Manaphy is too much...

PS: I'm almost convinced that I'll buy Metroid Prime Hunters for DS, cause I've heard it's really good and the online play is awesome. Do you think it is?

Mew3

Kill `em!
^ i'll prolly get rayman instead of wario...however i would get the Wii one. haven't heard of Red Steel. and ranger...it's a bit similar to mystery dungeon. it's not RPG like all the others. and you can always wi-fi trade it with someone, or just GS/AR it. $35 isn't worth for just 1 pokemon. i'm not sure about Metroid Prime Hunters...

BattleFrontier12

It's my birthday in March and my mum keeps asking me what I want but I don't know which one I want her to get me.So it's between Mario Kart or Pokemon Ranger

Elementman-Novapoke

Ok, so... Rayman or Wario? Raving Rabbids or Smooth Moves? Both are mini-game... err, games, like for parties and stuff, and it wouldn't make much sense if I bought both... But I do want one of them... Those who have played both: care to give some advice on which to choose, please?
Get Warioware:Smooth Moves for these reasons:

1. It's funnier
2. It has about 6X the amount of minigames
3. The multiplayer is HUGE! On one of the multiplayer modes you can have up to 12 people playing!​

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
It's my birthday in March and my mum keeps asking me what I want but I don't know which one I want her to get me.So it's between Mario Kart or Pokemon Ranger

Depends if you have Wi-Fi. If you do get MKDS if not then myabe Ranger. If you really want Manaphy then rent Ranger.

pokefan

Red Steel... at all? I've heard very contrasting opinions (to be sure, I think that I'll find contrasting opinions here anyway, but...). It looks/sounds good to me, but should I save my money for something else?

wario definitely i own rayman and my friend has wario and i've playedd it alot and it is super FUN rayman doesn't even compare in funnness to wario .

and many people say red steel sucks but i really don't see how . i rented it from gamefly and i loved it

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
My opinion:
Nintendo Power magazine gave Wario Ware 9.5/10 and Raving Rabbids 6/10
Apparently it isn't a good game. It looks good to me too but from every reveiw for it that I've read says that it isn't good.
And finally... Pokémon Ranger? (It may have been better on the actual "Other Pokémon Games" sub-forum, but I'm already here, anyway...) Is it fun? Is the Manaphy worth it? Is it any similar to Mystery Dungeon? 'Cause I hated that game... It wasn't fun, IMO, and even though it would be good to get a Manaphy eventually in DP, I think buying a $35 game for which the only thing that's worth it is the Manaphy is too much...
Buy MD, rent Ranger. MD lasts months
PS: I'm almost convinced that I'll buy Metroid Prime Hunters for DS, cause I've heard it's really good and the online play is awesome. Do you think it is?
If you have Wi-Fi it's great because single player doesn't last that long. But the big downside is all the cheaters on Wi-Fi and any serious people left on Wi-Fi could probably beat the crud out of anyone new because it came out in March

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
I was wondering if I should by Metroid Prime: Hunters to play while waiting for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I don't have Wifi. Also, Any idea on how much it would cost used at GameStop/EBGames?

Edit: Rank Up!

Mew3

Kill `em!
I love RPGs, so what one should I get? oh, and when does FFIII come out in the UK?

Comray001

IMMA FIRIN MEH LAZOR
I can get 1 new game for Valentines Day (my parents are cool like that) I cant decide between Guitar Hero 1 or Guitar Hero 2

Mew3

Kill `em!
^ guitar hero 2 of corz. there's no point of buying the original if you can buy the better one.

Comray001

IMMA FIRIN MEH LAZOR
Yeah, but I prefer the sound track for Guitar Hero 1 over Guitar Hero 2

Mew3

Kill `em!
get the GH1 then. if it's a game about music, you really should focus on the soundtracks.

any1 help me?

Z_N-Freak

I <3 Samus Aran
I'm going to buy Tales of the Tempest, I don't know if it is going to be good, but I loved ToS ^^
Also there is a FF coming out on the DS, you should get that one when it comes out.

I don't really know what your looking for, mabe you could tell which platforms you have and if you already have some particular good games.

If you have a NGC, aside ToS I really lik Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.