• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Make sure you keep this thread just about asking/answering questions. It's not the place to have conversations. In addition, before asking a question make sure you check the section on the main site as you're very likely to find your answer there.

Always keep in mind that your question may not have an immediate answer, it may time a little while before someone can answer you, repeating your question over and over will not help, and will be considered spamming.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
What'll happen to the weather if you pit Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquazza Pokemon (or at least 2) together? Also, how does Rayquazza's Mega evolution work? Do you automatic have it, or is there some of kind of event to unlock it?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
good timing i was actually looking for the help thread, ok here goes mine

any tips on walking slowly for searching hidden pokemon, i tried to follow the circle pad direction just like may had suggested but i always ended up somehow scaring it away

also is there a list of the hidden pokemons/ their movesets in omega ruby/alpha sapphire

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
I know this is a bit late, but why is this under 6th generation games when it's obviously 3rd generation?

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
good timing i was actually looking for the help thread, ok here goes mine

any tips on walking slowly for searching hidden pokemon, i tried to follow the circle pad direction just like may had suggested but i always ended up somehow scaring it away

also is there a list of the hidden pokemons/ their movesets in omega ruby/alpha sapphire

You need to press very lightly on the circle pad. It's supposed to be a slow creep, so the less you move the pad, the slower you'll go. It obviously takes some getting used to, but it'll get easier with some practice.

I know this is a bit late, but why is this under 6th generation games when it's obviously 3rd generation?

It's a 6th Gen remake of a 3rd gen game. Kind of along the lines of FRLG being 3rd Gen and HGSS being 4th Gen.

DarthVader

It includes/is compatible with Pokemon X Y, and it's on the 3DS, so it's part of Generation 6.

I have a question - when May was showing me the "hiding" Pokemon that I had to creep towards, I accidentally scared it off. Is there some way to bring that specific one back? This is from near the beginning of the game.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
It includes/is compatible with Pokemon X Y, and it's on the 3DS, so it's part of Generation 6.

I have a question - when May was showing me the "hiding" Pokemon that I had to creep towards, I accidentally scared it off. Is there some way to bring that specific one back? This is from near the beginning of the game.

It was probably generated for that specific encounter, however, utilizing the DexNav does allow you to encounter Pokemon with their HA or special moves, so you may encounter a special Pokemon somewhere down the line. (In that specific encounter, I met a Poochyena that knows Thunder Fang. Needless to say, "Thunder Pooch" has made himself at home on my team.)

Toa of Gallifrey

Time Lord, Toa Nuva
I just transferred my Livingdex from X shortly after getting the Pokedex to get the Oval and Shiny Charms, but when I went back and talked to Birch, he didn't ask to evaluate my Pokedex. I had him evaluate it via the PC then checked with him again when he said to visit him but nothing. Is there something else I have to do to get him to evaluate it?

Alli

Does the synchronize trick for natures work with the free Latias/Latios? Since you have to save and play for 5 minutes before being able to reset it takes forever to get god IVs and a good nature.

Pilpulp

美的
I just transferred my Livingdex from X shortly after getting the Pokedex to get the Oval and Shiny Charms, but when I went back and talked to Birch, he didn't ask to evaluate my Pokedex. I had him evaluate it via the PC then checked with him again when he said to visit him but nothing. Is there something else I have to do to get him to evaluate it?

Get the National Dex first maybe?

Jade

Myuu...
Where i get luck egg? Ty

What'll happen to the weather if you pit Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquazza Pokemon (or at least 2) together? Also, how does Rayquazza's Mega evolution work? Do you automatic have it, or is there some of kind of event to unlock it?

Delta Stream automatically overrides both Desolate Land and Primordial Sea, but if Delta Stream isn't present, whoever switches in second gets their weather effect applied, just like a normal weather ability.

Rayquaza can mega evolve without a mega stone--and thus can still hold and use a regular held item--as long as he knows Dragon Ascend. ONLY the Rayquaza you catch during the Delta Episode can be taught Dragon Ascend, ones obtained from previous games or events cannot learn it.Nevermind, it does work with any Rayquaza. My bad, I was under the impression that it doesn't. Shiny V-Create Mega Rayquaza is a thing that is real. GG internet.

Last edited:

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
When does one get the PlayNav feature available to them? Currently just started the game and at Petalburg City at the time I posted this. Just wanted to know when it becomes useable.

Edit: Haha, nevermind. Literally just got it a few minutes later from Wally!

Last edited:

Mr.FusRoDah

I'm wondering something:

Do you have to have Diancie traded over onto ORAS or can you just deposit it into PokeBank and pick it up with ORAS to get the Mega Stone?

I'm wondering something:

Do you have to have Diancie traded over onto ORAS or can you just deposit it into PokeBank and pick it up with ORAS to get the Mega Stone?

It works with either method. The second you enter a Pokécenter with a Diancie in your possession, no matter whether in your PC box or party, you get the Diancite.