• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Doobius

i think i got it figured out. made a bonehead mistake and attached the wrong item and EV trained in the wrong category. had to use some berries and start over. i got the poke dialed in though. but i talked to the pokemon fan club president and he says i am not maxed out so i am trying to find out why. super training chart appears maxed out and if i did my math right, i should be maxed. even went back out and did another horde encounter battle and he still says the same thing.

edit: not sure where i calculated wrong, but i have max EVs and the ribbon now. thanks to everyone for answering my questions.

Last edited:

ultatrainer

Fairy Tailer
I'm trying to make a casual team, and I'm wondering if I should EV train and IV breed. Do people do that for unranked, casual battles?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm trying to make a casual team, and I'm wondering if I should EV train and IV breed. Do people do that for unranked, casual battles?

Usually yes, both on Battle Spot and PSS. I do a lot of casual battles both on PSS and Battle Spot (Ranked and Unranked), and rarely do I come across a team that isn't EV-trained and IV-bred. The ones that I do come across that aren't bred to be competitive teams are usually in-game teams or all-legend teams. Usually everything that I come across that was obviously meant to be a team made specifically to battle other people online has been EV-trained and IV-bred, whether it's casual or not. EV training and IV breeding has become both so easy and well-known that almost every single person does it, to the point where you would likely lose all the time if you didn't EV-train and IV-breed.

ultatrainer

Fairy Tailer
Usually yes, both on Battle Spot and PSS. I do a lot of casual battles both on PSS and Battle Spot (Ranked and Unranked), and rarely do I come across a team that isn't EV-trained and IV-bred. The ones that I do come across that aren't bred to be competitive teams are usually in-game teams or all-legend teams. Usually everything that I come across that was obviously meant to be a team made specifically to battle other people online has been EV-trained and IV-bred, whether it's casual or not. EV training and IV breeding has become both so easy and well-known that almost every single person does it, to the point where you would likely lose all the time if you didn't EV-train and IV-breed.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if it wold be unfair or any of that

PoketrainerRuthy

In training
I am really new to POkemon and have Omega Ruby and i also downloaded the bank from the e-store. Now, what i want to know is, how do i swap a pokemon i have in game for one stored in the bank so i can use that one and train it up? Do i need some other app or do you do it in game somehow? I hope someone can help me with this as i'd really like to use the Glalie i got in the demo version. Thanks :)

DSDark

Breeder
I am really new to POkemon and have Omega Ruby and i also downloaded the bank from the e-store. Now, what i want to know is, how do i swap a pokemon i have in game for one stored in the bank so i can use that one and train it up? Do i need some other app or do you do it in game somehow? I hope someone can help me with this as i'd really like to use the Glalie i got in the demo version. Thanks :)

Load up the Bank and have the game you to want to transfer to in your 3ds. After selecting the game game, the top screen will be the pokemon stored in the bank and your bottom screen will the pc boxes of the game you have in your system. Select whatever pokemon you want and move them down. Save and your done.

SurrealistSmeargle

What if you already have 6 in game, like i have? How would i move one of those to the bank so i can move one from the bank to the game?
You appear to have gotten slightly confused about Pokemon Bank. In Pokemon games, you can only have 6 pokemon in your team, and any further you catch (or are given to you) go to your in-game PC (they can be found by the counter of every pokemon centre). At these PCs, you can deposit pokemon from your team into the PC, and withdraw pokemon from the PC into your team. The PC has a maximum of 32 'boxes', each of which can store 30 pokemon in it, giving it a total capacity of 960 pokemon.
Pokemon Bank is an alternative method of pokemon storage which stores pokemon on an internet storage cloud linked to your Nintendo ID. It is not required to play the game, and is typically used for transferring pokemon between your own different copies of X, Y, OmegaRuby and Alpha Sapphire, without the need to trade. Pokemon Bank can only move pokemon from your online boxes to your in-game-PC boxes and vice-versa, it cannot move pokemon directly to your team. To put a pokemon in your team on pokemon Bank, you need to deposit that pokemon into the PC, and then move it to Bank by opening Bank as DSDark described. Similarly, when you move a pokemon from Bank to a game, you move the pokemon to your PC boxes, so if you want to add it to your team, you have to go to your PC in-game, find the pokemon you moved from Bank, and withdraw it to add it to your team.
With regards to the Glalie you get in the Demo, it should be in your in-game PC, not in Pokemon Bank, unless you moved it from the lower screen to the upper screen whilst using Pokemon Bank in the past.

Now for my own question. Reposting it cos it seems to have been missed before. At what point when creating a Secret Base is your team set? Is it when you great a Secret Base, or when others receive your Secret Base data? If I want a specific team to be used by my character in my Secret Base, will I need to move my base with the desired 3 pokemon at the top of my team to do so?

Last edited:

Creyk

I have a number of pressing questions

On the battle spot, what is the difference between normal battles and rating battles?
Do you think we will get the next pokemon game this year?
What is the purpose of the memory girl who stands in front of the pokemon center in fortree city and tells you ambiguous things about your pokemon? What is that all about?
What does it mean when on the PSS, some passerby trainers have these smiley faces coming out of their icons?
What does it mean when the light on the DS which lights up red when one of your friends comes online, lights up in the blue color?

metalhead6s

Hello. I'm pretty sure this is an issue you guys have heard about multiple times, but before you disregard please understand I have done hours worth of independent research on various wesites, including this one.

So. Friday night (1-16) i stop in the pathless plain and find my first of the 3 non dogs, coballion. I was unable to catch him before midnight hit, but ended up catching terrakion.
After doing so, i attempted to change my game clock, and much to my dismay caused some issues. On top of this I tried playing the game in a different 3ds on sunday (1-18).

Now, i have done enough research to know that those were boneheaded mistakes, but virtually the only solution i can find is "don't touch it for 24hours" with no real explanation as to why (yes, i know about the event clock needing time to reset)

Here is my problem. I left the 3ds off for a full week. Upon logging in today i found my team had 4 max EV pokemon. I went to the pathless plain. Virizion will not spawn.
If someone could please explain what is going on, or at least enlighten me to some of the legendary mechanics, it would be very appreciated. I fear i may be screwed

BCVM22

There's no answer to this beyond "could be." Anything else is conjecture.

What does it mean when the light on the DS which lights up red when one of your friends comes online, lights up in the blue color?

Not entirely sure what you're asking here, but straight from the manual:

(blue) You have received SpotPass data; blinks for about five seconds

(green) You have received StreetPass data; blinks for about five seconds

(orange) A friend has come online; blinks for about five seconds

(red) Battery power is low; blinks continuously when very low

I fear i may be screwed

Going through the Elite Four again, which resets all uncaptured Legendaries, might be a start. Even if that doesn't work, it is technologically unlikely that you are "screwed" to the point of having driven away Virizion permanently with your clock-changing, system-swapping ways.

That doesn't really have a definitive answer. There is no particular reason to think GameFreak has some motive to purposely avoid releasing a main-series Pokémon game in 2015. However, based on how long it could take to make a game, it is not impossible for the next one to be released relatively early 2016.

EDIT: Ninja'd

What does it mean when on the PSS, some passerby trainers have these smiley faces coming out of their icons?

I am not entirely sure what that means, but I think it is very likely related to the button on the PSS marked "Shout-Out." The logo on the button is very similar to the smiley face you mention.

I think that indicates you have a SpotPass notification.

Hello. I'm pretty sure this is an issue you guys have heard about multiple times, but before you disregard please understand I have done hours worth of independent research on various wesites, including this one.

So. Friday night (1-16) i stop in the pathless plain and find my first of the 3 non dogs, coballion. I was unable to catch him before midnight hit, but ended up catching terrakion.
After doing so, i attempted to change my game clock, and much to my dismay caused some issues. On top of this I tried playing the game in a different 3ds on sunday (1-18).

Now, i have done enough research to know that those were boneheaded mistakes, but virtually the only solution i can find is "don't touch it for 24hours" with no real explanation as to why (yes, i know about the event clock needing time to reset)

Here is my problem. I left the 3ds off for a full week. Upon logging in today i found my team had 4 max EV pokemon. I went to the pathless plain. Virizion will not spawn.
If someone could please explain what is going on, or at least enlighten me to some of the legendary mechanics, it would be very appreciated. I fear i may be screwed

I think I have a clue what that's about. When I've altered the time on my 3DS (for Daylight Saving Time), I usually notice time-sensitive events...not being normal...for longer than just a day or so if I haven't saved the game afterward. In other words, it may be that the time when everything goes back to normal is after a certain amount of time passes from the last time you saved after altering the 3DS clock. That may even explain why some people list different amounts of time before things go back to normal, though I caution that this is all just a hypothesis. Others may have data that shows it to be incorrect.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

That doesn't really have a definitive answer. There is no particular reason to think GameFreak has some motive to purposely avoid releasing a main-series Pokémon game in 2015. However, based on how long it could take to make a game, it is not impossible for the next one to be released relatively early 2016.

I believe there was a quote coming out of Gamefreak that they're trying to speed up the delivery of the games. Looking at the Japan release dates of the previous games might give you an idea of when the next one is due.

ORAS: November 21st 2014
XY: October 12th 2013
BW2: June 23rd 2012
BW: September 18th 2010

The last three games have come out roughly 13 months between their games. So if we use that as a general rule of thumb, we could expect a game either late 2015 or early 2016. I'd imagine they'd like to get the game out before the Christmas holidays. If they don't want that, they'll probably delay the game until March in 2016. But again, this is all speculation.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Now for my own question. Reposting it cos it seems to have been missed before. At what point when creating a Secret Base is your team set? Is it when you create a Secret Base, or when others receive your Secret Base data? If I want a specific team to be used by my character in my Secret Base, will I need to move my base with the desired 3 pokemon at the top of my team to do so?

Your SB team is being set at the time you performed Game Sync (if you use Global Link for your QR code) or when creating a new QR code (if you use the in-game PC).

And yes, it's the top 3 Pokemon in your team.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Is there any way to increase the odds of getting specific Mirage Islands to appear? I need the Island east of the Shoal Cave so that I can get TM91 and complete my TM collection. I've been using the Street Passes when I can, but no dice.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Is there any way to increase the odds of getting specific Mirage Islands to appear? I need the Island east of the Shoal Cave so that I can get TM91 and complete my TM collection. I've been using the Street Passes when I can, but no dice.

It's completely random, unless you Streetpass with someone who has the one you want, of course.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
It's completely random, unless you Streetpass with someone who has the one you want, of course.

Therein lies the problem. So far, the Street Passes that I've done have been entirely random Passersby.

Is there a way I can receive specific Street Pass information from people online? Like, adding them to a friend's list or something?