• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
Another question came up while I was breeding, tried to do some research but I couldn't find out the answers I needed to help me figure it out, so I thought I'd come here to ask.

I'm trying to breed an IV bred NidoranF/or NidoranM in a Moon Ball. How would I go about doing this? I know that NidoranM family and NidoranF family can't breed together and that (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) if you breed a Ditto with NidoranF, it will produce a NidoranM and the other way around. That's all I know though. Is there a way to get 5-6 IVs on a bred NidoranF/or NidoranM in a Moon Ball? Thanks in Advance!

Edit: Fixed that I also would like an IV bred NidoranM in a Moon Ball if there's a way. And last Edit, I'm trying to get a good nature on the Nidorans, not sure how to do that either lol.

You can breed a Nidoran (F) in a Moon Ball with your Ditto, and you will get a 50% chance of getting a male Nidoran or a female Nidoran in a Moon Ball. Nidorina and Nidoqueen are unable to breed. To get a certain nature, put an Everstone on either Ditto or the Nidoran (F) with the requested nature. So if the Ditto had say, Adamant nature while holding the Everstone, and it is breeding with Nidoran (F), all the offsprings will be Adamant nature. Same thing with IV Breeding. Holding the Destiny Knot passes down 5IVs randomly from both parents onto the offspring.

Creyk

The next official battle competition is the little cup one.
I am wondering, since the pokemon will be set back to level 5, does it matter how much we train our pokemon?
I mean, it doesn't matter if they are level 30 or 50 as long as they are EV trained they will be in their best possible condition, right?????

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The next official battle competition is the little cup one.
I am wondering, since the pokemon will be set back to level 5, does it matter how much we train our pokemon?
I mean, it doesn't matter if they are level 30 or 50 as long as they are EV trained they will be in their best possible condition, right?????

EV's will still matter that is correct.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Is there a specific time when you can start collecting Battle Points from pokemon bank in Omega Ruby?

You can start collecting BP at any point in the game. However, you can only cash them in when you get to the Battle Resort at the end of the game (after the Delta Episode)

Has anyone here meet a horde of pokemon where all five are shiny or is that impossible?

It is theoretically possible, just statistically really, really, really, really, really, really unlikely. Needless to say, nothing of the sort has ever happened to me.

What is the absolute earliest can we recieve the togepi egg? for example, do we have to beat the elite 4 first or just defeat the primal mons and then go recieve the egg?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What is the absolute earliest can we recieve the togepi egg? for example, do we have to beat the elite 4 first or just defeat the primal mons and then go recieve the egg?

The moment you get there.

No need to deal with the primals or the Elite 4.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
The moment you get there.

No need to deal with the primals or the Elite 4.

Not true, you're thinking of the Wynaut egg. The Togepi egg you can get from the same lady only after you've received the first egg and defeated/captured Primal Groudon/Kyogre.

Not true, you're thinking of the Wynaut egg. The Togepi egg you can get from the same lady only after you've received the first egg and defeated/captured Primal Groudon/Kyogre.

So I dont even have to have the eight gym badge yet either, correct? Has this been confirmed?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Ahh shoot my bad.

My memory must be off.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
So I dont even have to have the eight gym badge yet either, correct? Has this been confirmed?

Yes, it is confirmed, I tried it myself. You don't need the 8th gym badge. You may need the National Dex however, which you can get from Professor Birch right after the Primal events.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
You can start collecting BP at any point in the game. However, you can only cash them in when you get to the Battle Resort at the end of the game (after the Delta Episode)

Thank you. Second question: I managed to get Crescent Isle to show up and I'm going to capture Cresselia. Now before I do, I intend to get the Capture Power MAX from one of my Secret Pals to make sure Cresselia doesn't get away, if I don't get it from neither of them, am I ok in resetting the game until he or she offers me that, without the worry of making Crescent Isle disappear?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Thank you. Second question: I managed to get Crescent Isle to show up and I'm going to capture Cresselia. Now before I do, I intend to get the Capture Power MAX from one of my Secret Pals to make sure Cresselia doesn't get away, if I don't get it from neither of them, am I ok in resetting the game until he or she offers me that, without the worry of making Crescent Isle disappear?

Pretty sure it disappears only when you leave the island. I think you will be okay.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

I did this myself while SRing for IVs and natures on Cresselia and other portal legends. You only lose the portal if you leave the island. You can save in front of it and SR indefinitely until you leave the island. This even worked on Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie, which are time-dependent - as long as you get to the island at the right time, the legend won't change or disappear until you leave it.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
how many badges do you need before you can get u turn?

You need to have obtained all 8 badges to get U Turn, as Wattson only grants you access to Mauville Hills (where the TM is located) after you gain the 8th badge as part of the New Mauvile side quest. Completing the side quest is not needed to obtain the TM however.

Edit: Ignore my comment, experience was based on the official guide book.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
You need to have obtained all 8 badges to get U Turn, as Wattson only grants you access to Mauville Hills (where the TM is located) after you gain the 8th badge as part of the New Mauvile side quest. Completing the side quest is not needed to obtain the TM however.

You only need 7. Mauville Hills is accessible after calming down/capturing the legends you don't need to fight Wallace in order to get there.

I know this because I got the Lopunnite before taking on the last gym.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Okay. I'm not sure if this has been asked already (or a similar question), but here goes.

I accidentally knocked out Cobalion at Pathless Plain and had forgotten to save beforehand. Will Cobalion return?

Meowth City

Staff member
Okay. I'm not sure if this has been asked already (or a similar question), but here goes.

I accidentally knocked out Cobalion at Pathless Plain and had forgotten to save beforehand. Will Cobalion return?
Yes, it will respawn after you beat the Pokemon League again.