• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Meowth City

Staff member
What pokeballs can these starters be in, legally?
Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott

I'd really like an answer for this; I'm going to be breeding them soon and want to know what poke balls they can be in, legally and can be passed down using a female.
All Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova starters can only legally pass down the regular Poke Ball at the moment.

source

Edit: ninja'd

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I've got a ribbon monster that I update every generation when there are new ribbons. I believe I've gotten him every ribbon since gen III but I just wanted to double check the new ORAS ribbons.

There are only seven new ribbons added that came with ORAS correct? 5 master contest ribbons plus the bonus contest ribbon for having all five, plus the E4 ribbon. I'm assuming that the battle maison ribbon available in this game is the same as for X/Y and isn't unique. Just wanted to verify the X/Y ribbons are the same ones you can get in ORAS like the balloon game ribbon, pokemon amie, and battle maison. Thanks in advance.

★Shiny Sylveon★

What are the best natures for each of the eeveelutions for competitive use?

Sylveon:
Glaceon:
Vaporeon:
Leafeon:
Flareon:
Jolteon:
Espeon:
Umbreon:

I'd prefer if you had just one best nature, but I'd like to keep the max to two best natures.
I'll be breeding a different kind of eevee for each evolution.

Hopefully someone could help me out. :)

Crystagon

What are the best natures for each of the eeveelutions for competitive use?

Sylveon:
Glaceon:
Vaporeon:
Leafeon:
Flareon:
Jolteon:
Espeon:
Umbreon:

I'd prefer if you had just one best nature, but I'd like to keep the max to two best natures.
I'll be breeding a different kind of eevee for each evolution.

Hopefully someone could help me out. :)

Sylveon: Modest or Bold;
Glaceon: Modest;
Vaporeon: Bold;
Leafeon: Jolly or Impish;
Flareon: Adamant;
Jolteon: Timid;
Espeon: Timid;
Umbreon: Calm or Bold;

Sylveon usually plays an offensive role with a Modest nature, but a Cleric set can also be ran, in which case a Bold nature is preferred for increased bulk.
As for Glaceon, an offensive set with a Modest nature is preferred; that's because, despite its high Defense stat, its typing is arguably the worst defensively, but one of the best offensively.
Vaporeon works best as a Cleric, by passing huge Wishes to its teammates thanks to its 130 HP stat; for this reason, it should run a Bold nature to increase its low defense and keep it alive for longer.
Leafeon should run a Jolly nature to take advantage of its 95 Speed stat (although pretty average) and its access to Chlorophyll; you can run an Impish nature if you want to run a support set though.
Flareon prefers running an offensive set with an Adamant nature to make use of its 130 base Attack.
Espeon and Jolteon should both run a Timid nature because their Speed stats are one of their best qualities, and they're too frail to run a defensive set.
As for Umbreon, you can either run a Calm or a Bold nature for a specially or a physically defensive set, respectively, although as far as I know Calm is more used.

Also, as a side note before you start breeding, remember that Wish (used by basically all of the defensive/support sets) is an Egg Move, while Baton Pass (also used by some sets) is only learned by Eevee at lv. 33.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Umbreon also has a physical set that uses Impish/Careful Nature, or sometimes Brave, since its main offensive move is Payback.

I've got a ribbon monster that I update every generation when there are new ribbons. I believe I've gotten him every ribbon since gen III but I just wanted to double check the new ORAS ribbons.

There are only seven new ribbons added that came with ORAS correct? 5 master contest ribbons plus the bonus contest ribbon for having all five, plus the E4 ribbon. I'm assuming that the battle maison ribbon available in this game is the same as for X/Y and isn't unique. Just wanted to verify the X/Y ribbons are the same ones you can get in ORAS like the balloon game ribbon, pokemon amie, and battle maison. Thanks in advance.

Yes, the ST ribbon, Amie ribbon, and Maison ribbon are the same.

KillerDraco

Umbreon also has a physical set that uses Impish/Careful Nature, or sometimes Brave, since its main offensive move is Payback.

No it doesn't. If we're talking competitive use (which they were), Umbreon only uses Calm or Bold, and its main offensive move is actually Foul Play. Base 65 attack is way too low for a physical attacking set, so Foul Play, which can deal heavy damage to opposing physical attackers (especially those that might try to set up on Umbreon), is always the preferred attacking option. It will always use Calm or Bold to decrease its own attack stat so it takes less damage from opposing Foul Play and the confusion status, since Foul Play doesn't rely on its own attack stat. Any other set is utter rubbish.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Oops, didn't notice that the question was specifically for competitive use, sorry about that. In that case then yeah, Calm or Bold is preferred.

Kacho

You are next.
ok so.. i want to be sure before I start EV training.

but with power items, if im training my bank celebi with a power whatever item (let's say hp), and then do a horde with each poke giving +1 hp EV, do I get 25 EV total from that battle? (+5 from each horde pokemon, and then + (5 pokemon*4 additional stat from item) )

assuming I have no pokerus.

thanks all!

ok so.. i want to be sure before I start EV training.

but with power items, if im training my bank celebi with a power whatever item (let's say hp), and then do a horde with each poke giving +1 hp EV, do I get 25 EV total from that battle? (+5 from each horde pokemon, and then + (5 pokemon*4 additional stat from item) )

assuming I have no pokerus.

thanks all!
Yes.

((1 + 4) × 5) = 25 HP EV's.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
What are the best natures for Mega Altaria, Mega Salamence, Mega Aggron, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Camerupt and Milotic?

I just got OR, and I'm playing it on the same 3ds i play my X on. So that means both of those games have the same friendcodes right\

Does chaining with pokenav increases the chance of getting shiny pokemon? Similar with how it works by chain fishing? Which way has the better chance of getting shiny, pokenav or horde?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
I just got OR, and I'm playing it on the same 3ds i play my X on. So that means both of those games have the same friendcodes right

To answer your question in a nutshell: yes. Your friend code is generated by your 3DS device, not the games themselves. So when you play X and OR, you'll be represented by that same friend code.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Last edited:
Does the Pokemon hatching from the egg have a 100% chance of being the offspring of the mother or is their a different percentage for it being either genders' offspring.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Does the Pokemon hatching from the egg have a 100% chance of being the offspring of the mother or is their a different percentage for it being either genders' offspring.

It will always be the offspring of the mother.

Poka Freak 88

"Old" Hand
I can so kick myself, I reset my game and I forgot that I had the eon ticket. I have both game and have another on the other game. I know that people could get it though street pass awhile back. My question is. Can I get the eon ticket back on the reset game and how?

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I can so kick myself, I reset my game and I forgot that I had the eon ticket. I have both game and have another on the other game. I know that people could get it though street pass awhile back. My question is. Can I get the eon ticket back on the reset game and how?
You should be able to get again. You need to physically pass or be near another DS with it unless it one of the Streetpass weekends.
You can use a Second DS with your other game and the reset game on sleep.
You can visit a friend with your DS on sleep and they have their game in their DS
You can wait for the next some place where there are other Pokemon players with DS's that may have it.
You can take you DS with you every where hoping that you'll pass someone with it.
You can wait for the next Streetpass weekend.

It will always be the offspring of the mother.
As I answered here, while it is generally true that it will be the same gender as the mother, there are a few minor exceptions to the rule.

Of course, it only really applies if you plan to breed something like Sheer Force Nidoking for competitive play or something but still.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?

You'll be able to get it again. Besides the ways that LLR listed, you can also connect your 3DS online and "interact" with Passerbys on PSS. If you're lucky enough for one of them to have an Eon Ticket, it'll be passed along to you. That's how I got my Eon Ticket back when it was first made available for ORAS (non serial code) and the only way to get it back then was to interact with one of the players who had it, either in person (StreetPass) or online (StreetPass via PSS).

If you really need one from someone here, PM me and I can make appropriate accommodations - it won't take long.

Last edited:

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
To answer your question in a nutshell: yes. Your friend code is generated by your 3DS device, not the games themselves. So when you play X and OR, you'll be represented by that same friend code.

According to Smogon:

Mega Altaria-Jolly/Adamant (Dragon Dance Offensive)
Mega Salamence-Jolly (Dragon Dance Offensive)
Mega Aggron-Impish (Tank)
Mega Sharpedo-Jolly/Adamant (Mega Chomp)
Mega Camerupt-Calm (Mega Tank)
Milotic-Bold (Defensive)

Information on Natures can be found here.

Ok, thanks! :)

When pokenav chaining, does leaving the area break the chain? Like leaving the route to go to the city to buy repels xD

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~