• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Aetius

Just a quick question.
Since from time to time I tend to use the GTS and the WT, I wanted to know if receiving a Pokèmon hacked with Pokègen, Powersaves or any other kind of hacking device, could corrupt my save data or brick my game.
I'm honestly scared by this and I really want to know if those Pokèmon can really do such a thing or not...

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Just a quick question.
Since from time to time I tend to use the GTS and the WT, I wanted to know if receiving a Pokèmon hacked with Pokègen, Powersaves or any other kind of hacking device, could corrupt my save data or brick my game.
I'm honestly scared by this and I really want to know if those Pokèmon can really do such a thing or not...

Generally, the ones you get over GTS or WT won't have a "issue" that could damage your game. Most of the time there is at least one or more games it has been though. The Pokémon itself may prevent you from accessing official Tourneys.

I've personally lost a game save after picking up a Pokémon over GTS, bu then I've got suspicion that was something else, such as eroded contacts in my Diamond cart.

Aetius

Generally, the ones you get over GTS or WT won't have a "issue" that could damage your game. Most of the time there is at least one or more games it has been though. The Pokémon itself may prevent you from accessing official Tourneys.

I've personally lost a game save after picking up a Pokémon over GTS, bu then I've got suspicion that was something else, such as eroded contacts in my Diamond cart.

Well, thanks for the info!
So, basically, I don't have to worry about it, right?
I mean, it's not like I'd end up using them in tournaments; I use them for breeding only and after getting the flawless Pokèmon that I need, I release them.
Too bad that you lost your data though. :(

NotABeginningTrainer

Well, thanks for the info!
So, basically, I don't have to worry about it, right?
I mean, it's not like I'd end up using them in tournaments; I use them for breeding only and after getting the flawless Pokèmon that I need, I release them.
Too bad that you lost your data though. :(

If a pokemon is so hacked and glitchy that it could cause corrupted data it won't be allowed through the online hack check. Some less obvious hacks can slip through, but not drastically customized pokemon.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
If I trade my pokemon that has max affection in pokemon amie to other trainer, will it still have the max affection on the other game Even though it has different trainer now? Or will it reset?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

JonT

Hello. I'm fish chaining on Sootopolis city trying to catch a shiny Magikarp. I've already catch a female one, but I want it male. The thing is that in my team I have 3 pickup pokemon so meanwhile I can get some useful items, but I don't know if my chain will broke if I take those items. I don't know if this is the right thread to ask that, so I apologyse if it isn't.

Edit: Nevermind, I just catch the shiny male Magikarp!!!!

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hello. I'm fish chaining on Sootopolis city trying to catch a shiny Magikarp. I've already catch a female one, but I want it male. The thing is that in my team I have 3 pickup pokemon so meanwhile I can get some useful items, but I don't know if my chain will broke if I take those items. I don't know if this is the right thread to ask that, so I apologyse if it isn't.

Edit: Nevermind, I just catch the shiny male Magikarp!!!!

Items held and removed from a Pokémon have no effect on the chain.

JonT

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So Battle Test will auto level things no matter what level to 50. Is that the same for the Battle Chateaus?

Also, is there any setting for wifi battles to autolevel up like in old games or is there just options to battle at level the pokémon actually is as well as autoleveling higher than 50 to 50?

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
Hello. I need some help. I want to start a new game in oras but I want to transfer 6 pokemon (3 eggs) to my new game data. So I needed someone to hold them while I restarted the game and then transfer them back. thanks. PM or VM me if you can help please :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So Battle Test will auto level things no matter what level to 50. Is that the same for the Battle Chateaus?

Also, is there any setting for wifi battles to autolevel up like in old games or is there just options to battle at level the pokémon actually is as well as autoleveling higher than 50 to 50?

Concerning the Battle Chateau thing, if a Pokémon's level is under 50, its level will remain the same.

Not too sure for the Wi-Fi battle thing but I think that Pokémon above Lv 50 will be autolevelled to Lv 50.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Concerning the Battle Chateau thing, if a Pokémon's level is under 50, its level will remain the same.

Not too sure for the Wi-Fi battle thing but I think that Pokémon above Lv 50 will be autolevelled to Lv 50.
So Chateau won't level up to 50 like Test would?

I do now that for wifi regular setting or whatever higher than 50s become level 50 for the battle. Not sure if there's any way to level up to 50 during wifi battles like there used to be.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So Chateau won't level up to 50 like Test would?

So, when battling in the Chateau, if a Pokémon is above Lv 50, their levels will be scaled down to 50. But if a Pokémon's level is 50 or below, their levels remain the same. This actually happened to my underlevelled Aggron when I attempted to have it participate in the Chateau. It was like Lv 46 back then and still remained at Lv 46. Now it's Lv 50 and my Lv 64 Tyranitar got scaled down to 50 when it participated.

EDIT: Sorry, but you most likely meant Battle Maison in this case.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So, when battling in the Chateau, if a Pokémon is above Lv 50, their levels will be scaled down to 50. But if a Pokémon's level is 50 or below, their levels remain the same. This actually happened to my underlevelled Aggron when I attempted to have it participate in the Chateau. It was like Lv 46 back then and still remained at Lv 46. Now it's Lv 50 and my Lv 64 Tyranitar got scaled down to 50 when it participated.

EDIT: Sorry, but you most likely meant Battle Maison in this case.
Whoops, yea. When I meant Chateau I meant Maison. I'll assume you did as well. :)