• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dang okay Ima RA for it then :'3

Also, is it just Deoxys, Rayquaza and Groudon/Kyogre the shiny locked ones, wb the other legendaries?

Yeah, a bit late, but these four are the only ones shiny locked in ORAS. The other Legendaries aren't, including Mirage Spot Legendaries.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Thanks you two ^^ ive fainted latias numerous times for three hours coz Im farming for pay days. Or am I supposed to run away from it not faint it to make it shiny 0-0

Last question^

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
There's no way to get an exeggcute/exeggutor to know both teleinesis and grassy terrain, is there?

Telekinesis is currently only accessible through level up, but it used to be tmable. But I can't breed for an exeggcute to get both grassy terrain and telekinesis even though it used to be able to learn it in gen 5, huh? :(

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
There's no way to get an exeggcute/exeggutor to know both teleinesis and grassy terrain, is there?

Telekinesis is currently only accessible through level up, but it used to be tmable. But I can't breed for an exeggcute to get both grassy terrain and telekinesis even though it used to be able to learn it in gen 5, huh? :(

Unfortunately not. As far as I know, with Exeggcute not being able to learn Telekinesis through breeding in this generation means that the two moves are mutually exclusive. Either you can have one with Telekinesis from Fifth Generation OR you can breed one in Sixth Generation with Grassy Terrain.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks you two ^^ ive fainted latias numerous times for three hours coz Im farming for pay days. Or am I supposed to run away from it not faint it to make it shiny 0-0

Last question^

As what Hydrohs said, these two methods produce similar results but running away is more efficient as it saves more time.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Unfortunately not. As far as I know, with Exeggcute not being able to learn Telekinesis through breeding in this generation means that the two moves are mutually exclusive. Either you can have one with Telekinesis from Fifth Generation OR you can breed one in Sixth Generation with Grassy Terrain.
That stinks. I don't know how good the combo would be, but I think it'd be cool if possible. Kinda upsets me I can't breed for one like that. v.v

Catstorm

ポケモン トレーナー
Hi I have a question related to breeding. I have the next bred pokemon egg set up as a 5IV Tyrunt thanks to test parents and soft resetting. I saved right before i got the egg from the day care lad, however, I am only getting male Tyrunts when I want a female. I know about the gender ratio, Ive just been doing this for a while. I thought that only IVs are determined before getting the egg? Or is my luck for gettIng a 1/8 chance just not happening so far? Thanks.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
If you save before an egg is made, that egg will be unchangeable except for example where it would normally always hatch timid, but you change that by putting an everstone on an adamant parent. But there's nothing you can do about gender.

If you want to softreset for an egg, the first one if you can't get to be what you want, go for a second. So save before start breeding, get first egg, get and hatch second egg to see if it's what you want. If it's not, sr and do it again until the second egg is desirable.

serpent222

This is driving me crazy and i have found others with the same issue and no answer.

I have an eevee. 5 hearts, full enjoyment and fullness in amie. It knows baby doll eyes. I've levelled it from 1-16 at varying amie degrees. It just WON'T evolve.

Does anyone have a solution, or am i just going to have to transfer it to y, evolve it, and transfer back?

Edit: I transferred it to Y and it evolved the moment I gave it a rare candy. I would now REALLY like to know why this happened, as it appears my game wouldn't produce espeon or umbreon either.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This is driving me crazy and i have found others with the same issue and no answer.

I have an eevee. 5 hearts, full enjoyment and fullness in amie. It knows baby doll eyes. I've levelled it from 1-16 at varying amie degrees. It just WON'T evolve.

Does anyone have a solution, or am i just going to have to transfer it to y, evolve it, and transfer back?

Edit: I transferred it to Y and it evolved the moment I gave it a rare candy. I would now REALLY like to know why this happened, as it appears my game wouldn't produce espeon or umbreon either.

If I'm not mistaken, if you mess with the system clock, time-based events won't work until 48 hours have passed since you messed with it.

Or... it's a bug and you need to update your game to Version 1.4 (patch out since April 2015) if you haven't done so. Maybe it'll be fixed...

serpent222

If I'm not mistaken, if you mess with the system clock, time-based events won't work until 48 hours have passed since you messed with it.

Or... it's a bug and you need to update your game to Version 1.4 (patch out since April 2015) if you haven't done so. Maybe it'll be fixed...

I didn't touch the clock, and have the update.

The eevees (they were two different shinies) were caught in Y, cloned, and transferred. Best I can figure is that one of those may have been the culprit.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Asked this in the Xy thread, but I am asking here as well because we can trade between the two games. Does anyone have any HA Burmy (or any of its line)?

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Last edited:

alannahbanana

Hi I was thinking about ordering a Japanese 3ds & game to get pokemon for the matsuda method and to have access to Japanese events; and I had a few questions about it.
1. Is it possible to change the Japanese version of the game to english?
2. If it is possible to change the language to english, will doing so lock me out of Japanese wifi & serial code events?
3. If it is possible to change the language to english, will the pokemon in my game be considered english or japanese pokemon?
Thanks

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Hi I was thinking about ordering a Japanese 3ds & game to get pokemon for the matsuda method and to have access to Japanese events; and I had a few questions about it.
2. If it is possible to change the language to english, will doing so lock me out of Japanese wifi & serial code events?
3. If it is possible to change the language to english, will the pokemon in my game be considered english or japanese pokemon?
Thanks

1. It depends on the game. XY I can play in English. When I do the Pokémon don't have the language tag so they won't work for Masuda.
ORAS doesn't have an English option that I could find.
The set of the DS is in Japanese, if it's possible do set up in English I haven't figured it out.

2. Yes you can still use serial and WiFi or I have in the past.
3. See above.

If you want Pokémon for Masuda Method why not set an English game to Japanese or any other language for that matter?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Thanks

Unless you really want the Japanese events, you'd be wasting a lot of money that way. You could just get an extra English copy of X or Y and set it to another language when you start the game. I did that and set it to French so I could catch and hatch French Pokémon to use for breeding.
I'm pretty sure Masuda method in generation 6 only looks at the language tag, which is determined by the language you select at the beginning of the game, not where your game came from.

Last edited: