• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Yumeka

Anime/Pokemon Fan
I made the mistake of changing the date/time on my 3DS a few days ago. I did that on Sunday night and didn't play my 3DS again until yesterday, Wednesday. I figured it's been over 24 hours since I changed the date/time, so time-based events should be working fine now. I was planning to catch Raikou, but when I got to Trackless Forest, he didn't appear; I didn't get any pop-up message when I arrived on the island and nothing happened when I interacted with the giant ring. I tried again during 40-00 of the hour to catch Suicune (I had already caught Entei in my game a while back) but he didn't appear either. I thought maybe time-based events still weren't working, but I saw that the tides in Shoal Cave changed (and I was able to battle my rival in Kiloude City in Pokemon X). I tried again today, and again Raikou/Suicune didn't appear. Tried to catch Virizion too (since it's Thursday) but he didn't appear either. Does anyone know why this is happening? Why other time-based events like Shoal Cave are working fine but none of the pokemon on the soaring islands are appearing?

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!
Can EVERY legendary in oras be Shiny..?

InfernalWeeb

I was recently traded a lv. 100 shiny Korean Darkrai with the ability Bad Dreams in a Luxury Ball, and I was just wondering if that sounds too good to be true? It was apparently "a fateful encounter" and was distributed for the "Pokémon Movie 14" on 6/6/2014 which sounds legit, but I thought that event Pokémon could only be obtained in Cherish Balls with some sort of ribbon, of which it has neither. :/

BCVM22

None of the event listings show a South Korean event that would have been ongoing in that timeframe, and you are correct that events are almost always distributed in a Cherish Ball and authenticated with a ribbon. Between those two it is likely though not definitively fake.

The hack check thread will potentially be able to tell you with more certainty.

Abstractvo13

Would anyone be interested in trading a Sablenite for a Lucarionite? I recently deleted my Sablenite on accident, and was wondering if someone wanted to trade theirs for a lucarionite. Thanks.

Hannah360

I know this isn't the right place but I don't know where else to ask.

I'm trying to breed a 5iv darumaka I've been using the marriland iv calculator but I've had the message that it's out of range for a few of my pokemon. Any ideas why?

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Would anyone be interested in trading a Sablenite for a Lucarionite? I recently deleted my Sablenite on accident, and was wondering if someone wanted to trade theirs for a lucarionite. Thanks.
You will likely have better luck getting what you want if you post your request in the Item & Pokerus Trading Thread .

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
How many battles do you have too participate to be eligible for the ten rare candies in the Spooky Cup? >.>

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How many battles do you have too participate to be eligible for the ten rare candies in the Spooky Cup? >.>

Check this. Scroll down until it says 'Spooky Cup'. It says that you'll have to participate in 3 or more battles to get the prize of 10 Rare Candies.

Last edited:
I have a blissey in my team front. The girl in Vanderturf said it couldn't love me more, but the man in pacifilog won't give me return (tm27), h ow could I get return?

Marika_CZ

No, there are no such icons to unlock. As you said, people can hack different icons (Wally, Steven, Pokemon Center and others), which strangely are in the game but not accessible, into their games. That person with the gift icon is a hacker or has hacking tools.
True. Not sure why everyone finds it strange tho. GF just created those to be used outside of PSS. E.g. Steven/Wally/Archie/Maxie icons are visible for partner selection when doing Maison multi battle challenge.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I have a blissey in my team front. The girl in Vanderturf said it couldn't love me more, but the man in pacifilog won't give me return (tm27), h ow could I get return?

Try using a different Pokemon...

OR check your Bag. You might have gotten the TM already and you're just unaware.

Hasty

Moonside
True. Not sure why everyone finds it strange tho. GF just created those to be used outside of PSS. E.g. Steven/Wally/Archie/Maxie icons are visible for partner selection when doing Maison multi battle challenge.

Oh, yes, that's true. I totally forgot about that...
But what would the Pokemon Center and Gift Box icons be for?

ShaneOhhh13

I have 1 DS system and 1 copy each of alpha sapphire and omega ruby. I have made secret bases in both games however when I try and scan the ruby base into sapphire and vice versa I get the message "you cannot scan your own secret bases QR code". I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue or has encountered a similar problem. My trainer names are the exact same in both games could this be the issue? or do I need two separate DS systems in order to scan the bases. Any help would be appreciated.